Steve Latimer

Started by CarolineL, February 19, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris

Back in 1983 I joined the team at RHM Foods Greathem. It was in the  Atora Suet department. I was Suprintendent downstairs in packing and Steve was my oppo upstairs in production. As the 'new kid' on the block I was more than grateful for Steve's generous attitude of support, welcome, advice and helpfulness. We enjoyed great years together as both colleagues and close friends. We both went off on our own journeys over the years and lost touch until we came back together via PHF and a shared passion for making our town a better place.
The legacy and challenges that Steve has left us with is enormous. We all now owe it to him to continue the struggle. Don't need to get into the politics as we all know where Steve stood on things. What I wanted to do is pay my sincere and deep gratitude and respect to a guy who was influencial in so many ways. He was principled, steadfast and straightforward. His wry and dry sense of humour was a joy to all who knew him. I feel honoured and privileged to have known him, and for sure can say that both the world and the town, is a lesser place without him. 

Inspector Knacker

Might I suggest that the best tribute is to carry on what he began.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

His work WILL carry on. There are many people within HBC (at virtually all levels) who provided Steve with all sorts of information. A lot of it was denied from 'official sources' within HBC, only for further information to come out which showed the post be bang on the money 99% of the time.

Many of the posts sources of information won't have gone away. They'll just send their information to different people now that Steve's passed away. We'll keep his memory and hard work alive.

fred c

What the 'Movers and Shakers' within the civic don't realise is the fact that they fundamentally disgust an awful lot of employees within the civic centre with their self serving antics, and abuse of power.

There will always be those with integrity and honesty who are prepared to provide information as they did to Steve and The Post, they did so in the best interests of the town and it's residents and I have no doubt it will continue.

CarolineL

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your kind words and messages.

Funeral details have now been confirmed:

Thursday 1st March at 11am, at Stranton Crematorium.

We will be heading to The Duke of Cleveland on the Headland afterwards.

All friends and family welcome.

Caroline

Shepherd

I have been away from the post for a short time and I have just seen this. So sorry to learn this sad news, I always read with great interest SteveL's post's, measured, insightful and the word that comes to mind is "wise".

I am sure the wasteful, profligate, loosh leaders of the town dreaded what he would publish next regarding their shenanigans and the visions they have and secrets they try to keep.

RIP.