Steve Latimer

Started by CarolineL, February 19, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolineL

Hello,

It is with great sadness and heartbreak that I write this post, to inform you that our Dad, Steve Latimer, passed away peacefully on Friday 16th February following a short illness.

I'd like to thank all of you who supported and worked with Dad over the years, he was very proud of the forum and PHF and the work and achievements of both and I hope that those involved are able to carry both on for him.

Funeral details will follow for those wishing to attend.

Caroline

kevplumb

May I offer my condolences he will be sadly missed  :'(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

My deepest condolences to his family at this sad time, Steve will be missed by an awful lot of people many of whom never actually met him, his commitment to The Town, The Post and PHF is something that is impossible to quantify.

DRiddle

R.I.P Steve. A great man who absolutely oozed integrity from every pore. His legacy will live on as others step up to the plate to expose shortcomings within HBC. Sincere condolences to his family.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Condolences to you and your family, Caroline. Your father was an exceptional man held in great respect by so many of us. We promise to continue his work to the very best of our ability. R.I.P. Steve.

lynda

Rest in Peace Steve. My Sympathy to your Family. I will never forget the help and support you gave me at a difficult time. Your encouragement gave me the strength to get through it. Sleep tight xxx

Lord Elpus

The people of Hartlepool owe a great debt to Steve and the original people who set up 'High Tax Hartlepool' now 'Hartlepool Post'.

They change politics in Hartlepool for the good and hopefully it can never return the really bad old days.  He helped ensure light would always be shed on certain Councillors dubious dealings and that there was no hiding place for those who manipulated the power we gave them.

Deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

The Great Dictator

Condolences to you and your family Caroline.

stokoe

Deepest condolences to steve's family,I hope we can carry on his great work to bring the best for

Hartlepool. RIP Steve.

Inspector Knacker

Never met or knew him, but felt I did.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

cobaltman60

I can only echo the sincere sentiments on here being a newish poster but if this site stands as a testimony to his honesty and integrity then his family should be proud R.I.P.

isolde

Rest in Peace and know that we will try and do right by you and carry on your fight for what is right for this town
My thoughts go out to his family and close friends at this time

notenoughsaid

RIP Steve....such sad news.....sincere condolences to your family. Regards NES.

Stevef

It was after one of the last conversations I had with Steve, that it occurred to me how strange it was that endings so often remind us of beginnings.

I was attending a job interview at a food factory in Greatham. On going into the office I found myself sat in front of a panel of five people who were to conduct the interview. The interview went as expected, but I noticed that the only questions that made me think first, were being asked by a young man who looked slightly out of place. In due course I was offered and accepted the job. On taking the position I later learned that it was on the recommendation of that young man, who went by the name of Steven Latimer.

Steve moved from colleague to acquaintance to friend over a short period of time. I don't think I could have imagined that that friendship would span over twenty nine years. Over that period of time, life can throw up its share of challenges. I was witness to some difficult times in his life, able to do little more than offer moral support, and I was able to participate in some of the happier times. Not once in that time was that friendship lost or forgotten.

Like everyone else who got to know Steve, I soon learned that he was a loyal and principled man, with a strong sense of right and wrong and the conviction to follow that through. This frequently meant he prioritized the wellbeing of others, who were in need or being treated unjustly, over his own needs.

His just reward and one true joy in his life were his daughters Jo-Hannah and Caroline. Both of whom never ceased to make him proud and I am sure they still do.

Twenty nine years as a friend have been a privilege, but I hoped for longer. Sadly, not to be.

RIP Steve.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Sincere condolences, RIP

I only knew Steve through the internet but that didn't stop him being an inspiration.

"You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din"
I don't believe it.