Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensionater

People are putting up a hell of a fight to keep the gypsy camp out of Hart,they should be putting up a hell of a fight to keep it out of Hartlepool,full stop.

mk1

When I first saw this photo I thought to myself the little woman fella will not be happy to see someone is treating 'my Stephen, they all love him' like that even in jest.
Revenge  was just around the corner.................

I think the attempt to drag a dead relative in as an excuse shows how low the man has sunk.

fred c

Only one word to describe the behaviour of Beck & Robinson..... Pathetic.

We have had 2 examples of the cowardice shown by Beck, resignation from MRA & Not Emailing to support the Call In motion.

I certainly wouldn`t want to "Go Over The Top" with him.......... as for Coo Coo Caa Choo Mrs Robinson...... she might as well start Knitting Cardie`s .

Neither of them will be doing much Councilloring in Hart from now on..... Mind you it will be fun to watch any attempt by them to attend Village Meetings.

allinthistogether!!

Signed a petition on Monday...thank you to the guy taking time out from his bank holiday day off to go round the doors!

Sanddancer

Beck in The Hartlepool Mail tonight sees his job rapidly disappearing  and resorts to Plan B. He must think the residents are stupid.

beanzontoast

The people as you say are putting up a really good fight Pensionater and your comment regarding the gypsy site should not be in hartlepool at all is something I am in agreement with as does UKIP again its in their manifesto every UKIP councillor is guaranteed to champion the peoples voice and as far as the gypsy site is concerned  you all said NO and no should mean no  and have no doubt with UKIP being a national party behind you they may not get their hands on the leavers of power but they can bounce government  into changing legislation they have already done this with bouncing Cameron to give a referendum on the EU  ok in 2017 but he did NOT want to do it . This is why I have said before a vote for PHF is a wasted vote not because they are not decent people they are however they have as much chance of removing the gypsy site from Hartlepool as King Canute did of turning the tide .

steveL

On a point of history.

King Canute never believed that he could turn back the tide; quite the opposite. He was so popular as a King that the people considered him to be capable of achieving anything, almost God like.

Canute was so worried that God might take offence at the comparison that he organised a demonstration of his fallibility by sitting in a chair, facing the in-coming tide and ordering the sea to roll back - it didn't; thus demonstrating to the people that he was just a man like everyone else.

Such a level of popularity or of perceived infallibility is not something UKIP need to worry about right now and, by the way, he was Danish. If it had been down to 11th Century UKIPPERS, he would never have gotten into England in the first place.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on August 29, 2013, 09: AM
Steve L, I can only remark that I thought you were capable of more intelligent comment.
What a silly, juvenile and puerile jibe at UKIP.

It was a joke and  rather a fitting one at that. Your lucky I did not comment on the Canute reference because I would have made more of the connection between certain UKIP stalwarts and the proper spelling of this King's name -CNUT

beanzontoast

Thanks for the history lesson SteveL however i believe all who read my post, did understand what was meant by the king canute piece and that includes yourself, it therefore makes me wonder why you didn`t comment on the rest of the post hit a nerve have we.

steveL

. . . and which nerve would that be? I stopped taking UKIP seriously a long time ago when I came across an article on OCD.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

SteveL not to take seriously UKIP as the 3rd most popular national political party with  an increasing membership  nationally  while labour  the conservatives and the lib dems are losing members in fact today if you total all members from all 3 party's mentioned there are more members of the Caravan club my point being popular opinion would suggest thousands of people are taking UKIP most seriously including the coalition government. I cant imagine why you think you or PHF are taken seriously  I for one would like to know when the Labour controlled council will let PHF decide where the next donated park bench is to be sited .

Sanddancer

Serious issues such as MRA and  Hart Village Travellers' site are eventually taken over by political point scoring between UKIP and PHF to the loss of the original argument.

beanzontoast

I couldn't have put it better myself kipperdip and to add to your post that is why a vote for PHF is a wasted vote the torys vote with labour at HBC they certainly did regarding the Gypsy site at Hart, and don't forget the site manager they are going to appoint, this will probably be a new post, salary undisclosed. It would seem self evident that with only 5 PHF ofagainst the rest and the whole Labour party machine  an uphill struggle I think. The way forward for PHF is to stop trying to get more councillors open a dialogue with UKIP who have the national party they need and thats not only smart it's the only way to loosen the grip of the Labour control of the council.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Erm, within HBC PHF have five councillors - exactly how many representatives do UKIP field in the chamber?

beanzontoast

I understand your point Lucy  but you missed mine, the tory party joined force's with the Lib Dems in 2010 and formed the goverment we have today, my point is PHF might have 5 UKIP 0 at present and only in Hartlepool UKIP have councillors all over the country and morewill come PHF Need a national identity or do you like PHF think the bedroom tax is only in Hartlepool. UKIP bounced Cameron to give the people a referendum on the EU yes I know its in 2017 the fact is hedid not want to do it, do you think if PHF get another 5 councillors they are going to have the same effect as UKIP. Again my last post has within it a solution to loosen the grip of Labour in Hartlepool and it would seem that is what many people on this forum are asking for or am I mistaken.