Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanzontoast

I note 543 people from the hart ward have signed the petition to reject the proposed gypsy site, i for one am fully on their side but wouldn`t it have been so much easier if the 543 people voted on May 3rd 2012 for a UKIP councillor UKIP`s manifesto states that UKIP will stop the preferential treatment given by council`s to travellers, again it is also followed up in the same Manifesto that all UKIP councillors are committed to follow the voice of their ward residents and you said NO, as it is you have elected 2 Labour councillors and one independant who had defected from the Labour party. There was a low turnout in 2012 and also in Manor ward this year, people just don`t take local politics as seriously as they should,hopefully that might change in 2014 

St Paul

Quote from: beanzontoast on August 26, 2013, 01: PM
I note 543 people from the hart ward have signed the petition to reject the proposed gypsy site, i for one am fully on their side but wouldn`t it have been so much easier if the 543 people voted on May 3rd 2012 for a UKIP councillor UKIP`s manifesto states that UKIP will stop the preferential treatment given by council`s to travellers, again it is also followed up in the same Manifesto that all UKIP councillors are committed to follow the voice of their ward residents and you said NO, as it is you have elected 2 Labour councillors and one independant who had defected from the Labour party. There was a low turnout in 2012 and also in Manor ward this year, people just don`t take local politics as seriously as they should,hopefully that might change in 2014

I fail to see how voting UKIP at the last election would have changed a thing; far better to participate in a little direct action.

fred c

A really good response from Hartlepool Residents, now if only half of the 602, decide to spend an Hour or so of their Sunday Morning attending the Mayors Parade ( It would be Rude Not To, After All He has Invited Residents of Hartlepool ) it would certainly show "Ste" what we all think of His 1st Year as Ceremonial Mayor of Hartlepool.

We all know how "The Dear Leader & His Concert" like to see "Flags & Banners Waving" so we shouldn`t really Disappoint our "Civic Leaders" ???

pensionater

beanzontoast,it's already been mentioned on this site that this is a EU directive so how could UKIP ignore or change it?.This just shows that the UKIP manifesto was written by Hans Christian Anderson.

notenoughsaid

After reading the letter from John RINGWOOD in the Mail tonight a thought crossed my mind regarding the proposed site (s) . I accept that at this late stage I may be barking up the wrong tree but is eveybody satisfied that HBC actually own the land in question?   After all they attempted to propose a site on Wiltshire Way which was not theirs.   As I stated, in an earlier post , I formerly lived in the village opposite the Raby Arms in a house build by Wimpeys on land purchased from a local farmer. I seem to remember there was "deeds of covenant" restricting what could and could not be done with the land.  It would be interesting to know if the Council DO own the land and if any similar conditions apply Also  how long have they owned it and from whom  it was purchased.   Sorry if this has been previously covered.

fred c

Quote from: notenoughsaid on August 26, 2013, 06: PM
   After reading the letter from John RINGWOOD in the Mail tonight a thought crossed my mind regarding the proposed site (s) . I accept that at this late stage I may be barking up the wrong tree but is eveybody satisfied that HBC actually own the land in question?   After all they attempted to propose a site on Wiltshire Way which was not theirs.   As I stated, in an earlier post , I formerly lived in the village opposite the Raby Arms in a house build by Wimpeys on land purchased from a local farmer. I seem to remember there was "deeds of covenant" restricting what could and could not be done with the land.  It would be interesting to know if the Council DO own the land and if any similar conditions apply Also  how long have they owned it and from whom  it was purchased.   Sorry if this has been previously covered.

Good Point but have you noticed...........

People have signed the Petition, & if only 50% of those take up "Ste`s" Invitation to his Parade, they could really express their feelings towards him & his fellow Labour chums on how they are running the town.

Take an hour out of your Sunday & Pop Along to the Trumpton Charade, It`s a chance for everyone to see The Mayor in all his Finery.

Ahhhhhhhhhh  " My Ste, Everyone Loves Him As The Ceremonial Mayor"

Stevef

The newly formed Hart, Bishop Cuthbert and Clavering Residents association has just opened their website. It currently includes the latest news and details on the e-petition along with contact information for those objecting to the decision to locate the permanent travellers sites at Hart.

Site links and contact information below.

http://hbcresidents.co.uk/

info@hbcresidents.co.uk

You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

Hartlepudlion

Notenoughsaid I have already told the people of Hart to check the ownership and covenants that may be placed on the land. Quite often land that has been given to the people of x have covenants placed on that gift  that relate to a specific use for the land eg a play area for the children of the village. All to often Councils take over the custody of the land, usually from Parish Councils or a trust that has become dormant. Once they have control they try and get these covenants removed so that they can control the use of the land. Everyone needs to be vigilant and stop this takeover. Unfortunately, apathy rules and Councils sneak this land grab through, at the best, by dodgy motions passed in the Council Chamber. People need to wake up and monitor their council more.

Having lived in different parts of the country during my life, I have to say that you in the NE appear to take the least interest in your Councils machinations. You can make a difference. Don't trust your Cllrs and watch them like a hawk.

notenoughsaid

Thanks Hartlepudlion for your swift reply....I would hate to think we had missed the obvious. Well done pointing out the above to the residents etc. Lets hope in an agricultural setting they reap some benefit from it.   Fingers crossed. Regards.

steveL

Beck is in today's Mail offering his excuses for why he didn't support the call-in move and gives us this quote:

"If I had signed the call in decision it would not have made any difference whatsoever as the support would not have been there from the majority of councillors."

Councillors were asked to show their support for the call-in by e-mailing Chief Solicitor, Peter Devlin. Individually, they would not know how many other councillors would be supporting the move ........ unless they asked around first. In Councillor Beck's case, he even says that he knew before hand that it wouldn't have the support of the majority of Councillor's.

How did he know this? ............ obviously because he had checked beforehand if his party, Labour, would be supporting the move......and he towed the line accordingly.

You're dead meat, Mr Beck.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/councillor-hits-back-over-gypsy-decision-1-5985479

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Sanddancer

To miss one opportunity may be regarded as a misfortune; to miss two amounts to more than carelessness. Bye bye Beck.

St Paul

"It may be a fight in vain on this matter, but you can rest assured there will be real opposition, and not the 'powder puff' superficial, and in truth, phoney charade that we've seen so far."

What exactly do you mean by that? Sounds like an insult to those trying to do something about this decision, to me.

mk1

Quote from: St Paul on August 27, 2013, 01: PM

What exactly do you mean by that? Sounds like an insult to those trying to do something about this decision, to me.

The poster is harking back to his NS days when direct (and violent) action was the norm.

Hartlepudlion

I suspect kipper dip that HBC are not telling the whole truth. We had a similar problem down south when the Council wanted to take the stewardship of the play meadow away from the Parish Council. We fought them and won the battle of the covenants. As I remember, it all hinged on the ownership/stewardship of the land as they are the ones that can relax the covenants. This is why so much common land has disappeared - by hook or by crook the Councils took over and some time later ditched the covenants and changed the use.

If the land ownership/stewardship is the least bit in doubt I suggest that Hart residents find out about any covenants and fight to keep them

Councils all over the country have been using the stewardship argument to take over gifted and common land. They haven't always been successful so people need to be vigilant particularly in the rural environment. It is a bit more difficult in an urban environment as not so much gifting went on e.g. Anybody know how Ward Jackson Park came about?

beanzontoast

Pensionater, UKIP Manifesto written by H. Christion Andersen,  no I don't seem to have seen that name on it, however there were several points to my post of course it was braught in by the EU UKIP want to come out of the EU they are the only party that does , Labour signed the directive off when you think about it Labour were always going to put the gypsy site at hart village they knew they would lose votes if they put it anywhere else its not rocket science and by Hart voting in 2 Labour councillors it like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse Beck and sidekick voted at the call in exactly to their type it is a little elementary really , and my point in voting for the UKIP candidate was that in May last year because of the boundry changes all 33 council seats were to be voted for  if each ward returned 1 and in Harts position the gypsy camp would not have happened the torys in the call in did not vote for it either and yet in 2014 there will be a Tory and Labour standing as there will be a UKIP candidate its a no brainer really but its a voters choice after all.