Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Ah right, I don't have a copy or access to that. Perhaps someone could post it on the forum.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

"Does anybody have an election leaflet that states Labour successfully kept the gypsy's away from Manor area?"

Yes, we'd all like to see a copy of that. I tried to make the point at the Village Hall meeting that it's not possible to claim that you fought to keep the traveller sites out of one area while, at the same time, also claiming that you took an impartial and objective stance at the meeting of the Finance and Policy Committee which made the decision. This is exactly what Labour did. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notenoughsaid

Reply to Stevel and others.... I have not seen a copy of the leaflet distributed around the Manor during the recent election but I sense it may contain comments distributed to the prejudice of others/directed towards others,ie the Travellers therefore is it possible offences may have been committed here?   I can never understand how Insurance companies get away with trying to sell their goods using the terms "english speaking call centres etc"  as a selling point as I feel it has racist overtones.   Just a thought.   If pursued in such a manner this could force another By election!!!!!

notenoughsaid

Managed to sign the On line petition however I was unable to add any comments, as a result I would like to mention them now.

The reason I am against the proposed travellers site(s)at Hart are due to the  fact I lived in the Village circa 1972 to 1980. Both of my daughters were christened  at the local church and we as family are very fond of the area.   I would like to suggest that if anybody wants to look into the future ,if the proposals are allowed ,they take the No.22 Arriva bus from Hartlepool to Durham (via P'Lee Bus Stn.) which then goes through Shotton, Haswell area ,Wheatley Hill and Thornley.In particular I would like the Council leader and the sheep that blindly follow him to behold the sights. Plenty of boarded up houses and caravans and horses.  I would beg the question who is going to "police "the proposed site and ask the questions "where have you come from"also "how long are you intending to stay"   Perhaps the folks from the aforementioned  villages might re-locate to be nearer to the Town.  Not what the site should be about.   This is what happens when the idiots are allowed to run the asylum.   Bring back the likes of Sir Ralph Ward Jackson and other worthies who have the best interests of "artlepool", as pronounced by you know who, at heart.!!!! Rant over.

fred c

Quote from: notenoughsaid on August 22, 2013, 11: PM
Managed to sign the On line petition however I was unable to add any comments, as a result I would like to mention them now.

The reason I am against the proposed travellers site(s)at Hart are due to the  fact I lived in the Village circa 1972 to 1980. Both of my daughters were christened  at the local church and we as family are very fond of the area.   I would like to suggest that if anybody wants to look into the future ,if the proposals are allowed ,they take the No.22 Arriva bus from Hartlepool to Durham (via P'Lee Bus Stn.) which then goes through Shotton, Haswell area ,Wheatley Hill and Thornley.In particular I would like the Council leader and the sheep that blindly follow him to behold the sights. Plenty of boarded up houses and caravans and horses.  I would beg the question who is going to "police "the proposed site and ask the questions "where have you come from"also "how long are you intending to stay"   Perhaps the folks from the aforementioned  villages might re-locate to be nearer to the Town.  Not what the site should be about.   This is what happens when the idiots are allowed to run the asylum.   Bring back the likes of Sir Ralph Ward Jackson and other worthies who have the best interests of "artlepool", as pronounced by you know who, at heart.!!!! Rant over.

We could all meet up on Sunday 1st September on the steps of The Civic... around 10.30am then all rant together & maybe have a pint in the King Johns...... a Residents Meeting... only not in Hart Village Hall.

admin

This email has been sent to all councillors and the Hartlepool Mail and Hartlepool Post

I am very saddened and angered over the zero support for the Call in from the two Hart Ward councillors Mr Beck and Mrs Robinson. They were elected to represent the HART ward and to fight for us.

Please do not expect any support from the people in your ward in the future. I fear you have cooked your goose!

Thank you Mr Fisher for your continued support.

I asked Mr Akers-Belcher at the meeting in Hart on 14th August why he chose both Hart sites. He Replied "for the good of Hartlepool"

The decision, who Mr Akers-Belcher categorically said was "not a political one" to all at the meeting held on 14th August in Hart does not ring true in light of the fact that their own planning departments report clearly indicates the two sites chosen were least sustainable.

How much of the tax payers money was spent on this report??

Mr Akers -Belcher said again in the public meeting in front of hundreds of people we need to "..balance the budget"  Wasting money on a report that is not even adhered to which is geared for the most economically viable site does not "BALANCE THE BUDGET"

He said the land at Briar fields was earmarked for development to create wealth for the town.

Are not the two sites at Hart PRIME REAL ESTATE which would create much WEALTH for the town?

How the people of Hartlepool can sleep at night knowing this man is in charge of a OUR BUDGET!!

Please tell me again this is not a "political decision"!!

I have worked for 25 years in the health service and I am responsible for public money, YOUR MONEY. I am very aware of the cost of everything and educate people around me to be very careful and not to be wasteful.

Mr Akers-Belcher has made a decision for votes, not for the GOOD of the Hartlepool people. How much money has he lost Hartlepool to stay in office.

People of Hartlepool THIS IS YOUR MONEY.

In this time of austerity every one is feeling the pinch and it is very important we have people in public office who can make unpopular decisions for the GOOD of the Hartlepool People. Mr Akers-Belcher has clearly made the WRONG JUDGEMENT for POLITICAL GAIN.

To me this is MAL-ADMINISTRATION

As a resident of Hart all I want is a fair decision based on an UNBIASED REPORT THAT I PAID FOR.

Regards
Martin Myers

HART RESIDENT

DRiddle

That's a very good letter. One other thing i'd like to make more people aware of (as I believe many people from Hart Village are now using this site) is as follows.

Currently, you're taking a lot of flack from organisations who represent the travelling community for your 'THINK OF THE CHILDREN!' argument. (Hear me out i'm not criticising as such).

It's perhaps worth knowing that in a recent council meeting 2 members of the public, myself and Fred who also uses this site, raised various issues about Manor Residents Association.

A debate by councillors span off from the questions and it involved the issue of whether that funding to MRA should stop IMMEDIATELY.

Councillor Akers-Belcher (Christopher) obviously argued against this.

His main reason for saying Manor Residents needed its funding stream ......?

To continue to run its pre-school breakfast clubs... so that the little children who live on Manor House can have their cereal and toast before school.

So essentially, he was arguing 'think of the children'.

N.B

Since that meeting Manor Residents Association has basically gone bust, is trying to fend off bailiffs, STILL hasn't paid the 4 employees the money they're owned from the tribunals etc etc. So presumably those children won't be getting their breakfast anytime soon.

Some people connected with this mess might though..... hopefully it'll be porridge.

fred c

"The decision, who Mr Akers-Belcher categorically said was "not a political one" to all at the meeting held on 14th August in Hart"

What you have to realise is that "The Mob" aka, the labour group in Hartlepool Council is a group of people who are controlled by "The Dear Leader" & half a dozen acolytes, the other councillors are just there do as they are told.

You only need to attend a Full Council meeting to realise this fact, any decisions are made in a committe room well before Councillors enter the Chamber to "Perform" in front of the public, & with the Tory Councillors voting consistently in support of any motion "The Mob" put forward, democracy in Hartlepool is something of a sham.

The Majority of Labour Councillors never contribute, apart from the "For or Against" answer required when a vote takes place, I have actually witnessed some councillors being asleep during meetings, in fact in a recent Meeting 1 councillor had to raise the hand of another & shout "For" during a vote.

Independent thoughts are frowned upon & in the case of Cllrs Brash & Hargreaves, punishable by expulsion from "The Party", hence we have ended up with a core group who`s personal ambitions overide any considerations for the benefit of the town.

The current Leadership are on an ego trip that is all to apparent to anyone & everyone, they operate a policy of "Do as i say.... Not do as I do" Hartlepool has had more adverse publicity since "The Dear Leader & His Consort" assumed command than during the 10 year Reign of S Drummond, (& i never thought i would say that)

The residents of Hart were dismissed with utter contempt by C Akers Belcher & for him to claim it was a Non Political decision is a glaring example to us all, of his Personal Qualities.

testing times

I don't see him lasting. Just look at the rate that they've changed Labour leader over the last few years unless you believe in the observation that s**t aways rises to the top.

Sanddancer

I would like to point out that I sent an e-mail to Mr Beck on 21st August asking him to explain why he did not vote to have the decision re-examined. He has not replied.

steveL

just for the record - it wasn't a vote as such - each councillor was asked by e-mail to tell the chief solicitor that he wanted the decision referred - amounts to the same thing I guess, though no doubt someone will claim that they never got the e-mail

allinthistogether!!

XIX69 - the Mail comments section....looks like Allan Barclay to me!

#Worried

In light of what is going on both with the sites and how the decision was made, a group of us have got together to form a residents association.

Hart, Bishop Cuthbert & Clavering (HBC Residents)

We have set up an on-line petition, which we were originally told would carry no weight in the consultation along with duplicate letters. (both of which were produced and accepted for other sites???)  ???

This petition only takes a couple of minutes and will allow you to make comments and share via facebook & twitter. If you have a concern regarding the sites, please visit the site by following the link and show your support.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/hartlepool-borough-council-review-the-decision-of-placing-gypsy-traveller-sites-in-hart-village

Hartlepudlion

May I suggest that you all get together and sign a letter of no confidence in Cllrs Beck and Robinson demanding their immediate resignation. If they don't resign and you have enough signatures, say 90%, of the voters of the Hart Ward, then you can write to the Chief solicitor. In this letter you can point out that the letter of no confidence means that the  named Cllrs are no longer welcome in Hart and thus are unable to represent the people of the Hart Ward. In effect, you have sacked them. As well as sending the letter to the Chief Solicitor you can copy the BBC, the Hartlepool Mail and any other newspaper, media company you can think of. You should be able to get a copy of the Voters Register from Fisher so that you don't miss out anyone.

I am sure contributors to this site can help by writing the letter of no confidence and the follow up letter and posting them on here so that you can choose &/or adapt them.

By doing this you will not only be helping yourselves but showing the people of Hartlepool the way. Return the contempt that Cllr C Akers-Belcher showed all of you at the recent meeting in Hart Village Hall.

#Worried

Thank you for your suggestions.

Its about time some Councillors and Mr Akers-Belcher learned not to underestimate the people of Hart Ward or Hartlepool!!
>:(