Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on August 15, 2013, 07: PM
Am hoping for too much?

Not at all....... Anything is possible....

I cant believe for a minute that anyone is impressed with wee mans performance as (so called) MP....

As Steve says all we need is a credible alternative.
'They don't like it up em'

Hartlepudlion

Reading the Post's front page I would like to add:

Stress the fact that farming is an industry. At certain times of the year it is a 24hrs operation with a high level of noise as well as changing light patterns from the tractors etc which will not be conducive to sleep, far worse than a noisy train. At harvest time there will be dust that can aggravate breathing difficulties such that, in extreme cases, can result in death. Silage spreading has a rather unpleasant side effect of producing rather noxious smells worse than anything the various landfills produce. And then there is the occasional fire caused by striking flint. Farm machinery and vehicles are now bigger and noisier than anything that exists on the industrial estates. Conclusion: farming is a noisy and dangerous industry and, by the criteria mentioned by Akers-Belcher, the two Hart sites should never have been included in the Council, Akers-Belcher's, deliberations. A very flawed decision that should be thrown out.
As mentioned at the meeting, farming is now rated as the most dangerous industry in the UK to work in.
Ignorance is bliss according to some but with Akers-Belcher it is just ignorance.

DRiddle

Can anyone actually physically see/view the video of last nights meeting the mail have added to their site? They've uploaded it and are promoting it as a video but I cant see a link or a 'play button'?

steveL

@Hartlepudlian mmm....I think I'll pinch that if you don't mind and add it to the main page
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Kato

Hart Smallholdings West is also in close proximity to Hart Bog, home to a rare species of beetle in the UK and 3 rare types of waterboatman and is a site of scientific interest.  I wonder how many rights the beetle has over travellers ? Surely the construction of the site would affect this preserved area ?

Hartlepudlion

Well done Kato. Just the type of edge needed. Find out which preservation society is involved and you've cracked it. The Council may have a responsible officer but don't ask a Labour politician for help.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Kato on August 15, 2013, 09: PM
Hart Smallholdings West is also in close proximity to Hart Bog, home to a rare species of beetle in the UK and 3 rare types of waterboatman and is a site of scientific interest.  I wonder how many rights the beetle has over travellers ? Surely the construction of the site would affect this preserved area ?

The presence of Great Crested Newts was taken into account for at least 2 of the other proposed Shanty Towns...i mean Traveller Camps. They are a protected species under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

DRiddle

Kato, linked to what you said, it's worth knowing that one other reason cited by the labour group in the meeting which decided this, was offered up by Labour councillor Marjorie James. She raised the issue of the disruption to potential future archaeological digs in one of the sites. (I can't remember which one because they were largely making it up as they went along but it was a Labour ward).

I love my town, and I don't mean to be flippant but I don't remember Tony Robinson and the fellas from 'Time Team' digging around Hartlepool too often.

You might want to make the people of the areas potentially affected aware of that little gem.

Unbeliever

That site is near me. If you wish to defend against the Hart sites feel free, but do not attempt to get them to dump it on my doorstep.

Incidentally, the Council's own documentation states that an Archeological Survey would be required before that site in question could be developed, so they were only bringing up information already available and not making it up, as you seem to be suggesting.

Kato

http://www.english-nature.org.uk/citation/citation_photo/1000052.pdf

It also something of interest that some scholar believe Hart Smallholdings West is the home of the great mead hall from the Beowulf legend too...

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/beowulf-local-legend-or-monster-myth-1-1022912

Clearly a site of historical / archeological interest ?

DRiddle

Unbeliever, I, like pretty much everyone else, don't think ANY of the sites they've outlined are appropriate. I'm just highlighting the spurious ad hoc way they went about ruling the safe labour wards out.

Wind from trains, buried archaeological treasures, noise from trains, high land value blah blah blah.

As Kato implies from that most recent post, there was little or no consistency in the reasons offered for ruling sites out. 

fred c

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 15, 2013, 09: PM
That site is near me. If you wish to defend against the Hart sites feel free, but do not attempt to get them to dump it on my doorstep.

I don`t think DRiddle`s comment was ment in that context... it was akin to the spurious reasons given by "The Deary Me Leader" ie. Wind in the Caravans & proximity to Rail Lines..

I wonder if the Egomaniac has driven along Mainsforth Tce lately, they are building Houses within a few metres of the railway line on the same level (Not on The Embankment)

DRiddle

QuoteIncidentally, the Council's own documentation states that an Archeological Survey would be required before that site in question could be developed, so they were only bringing up information already available and not making it up, as you seem to be suggesting.]

With respect unbeliever, I think you're being a little bit naïve. Allegedly the very same councils documentation recently had a piece of grassland on Owton Manor re-classified as a 'village green'. Thus helping that be ruled out of the list of sites. 

Were you at the meeting in which this decision was made? Did you see and hear it first hand?

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on August 15, 2013, 09: PM
[quoteIncidentally, the Council's own documentation states that an Archeological Survey would be required before that site in question could be developed, so they were only bringing up information already available and not making it up, as you seem to be suggesting.]

With respect unbeliever, I think you're being a little bit naïve. Allegedly the very same councils documentation recently had a piece of grassland on Owton Manor re-classified as a 'village green'. Thus helping that be ruled out of the list of sites. 

Were you at the meeting in which this decision was made? Did you see and hear it first hand?
[/quote]

If your trying to get my newly classified Village Green taken off the list..... don`t bother.....where else would i be able to Graze My Herd of Pedigree Labour Councillors

DRiddle

:)

The bizarre thing is, nobody was really surprised that Labour seemingly did this (fight to keep it out of their own wards and ignore the process). It's actually 'sensible politics' in terms of them protecting their wards and appeasing their votes. (Although obviously morally wrong).

They've just gone about in such a blatantly obvious way, lacking even any modicum of subtlety it's blown up in their faces.