Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr H

Well I have just sent my letter of objection and based it around this document, its the assessment of all the sites originally mentioned and clearly shows the Hart sites as least sustainable

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/downloads/file/9716/cd109-gypsy_and_traveller_site_assessment-sustainability_appraisal-may_2013

I really don't see how they can get the Hart site through planning when there is a document like that?

rabbit

I am not convinced that the Inspector will turn down the Hart decision.

On what basis?-that there were too many objections? Remember the hospital?

One reason he could use is that due process was not followed. Embarrasing for the council though.

If the current Hart councillors feel that they "were left out of the loop", they should resign as councillors.

A by-election would be the result.

If the inspector then turns down the choice for Hart, it would be seen as a victory for the current councillors and they could be re-elected.

If the inspector approves the choice for Hart, then step forward PHF!

SRMoore

Quote from: Lord Elpus on August 15, 2013, 11: AM
Quote from: SRMoore on August 15, 2013, 09: AM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on August 15, 2013, 08: AM

The people of Hart know they've been stitched up, you know it, I know it and CAB knows it.  Shame he can't be man enough to just admit it.

Political Leadership for the good of the town? my a**e.

I'm not going to get drawn into the argument about more suitable sites as I don't agree with any of them but I will say that you can't protest about Hart being 'stitched up' and that you agree entirely with the planning officers when you yourself voted against the planning officers recommendations and FOR Hart.

At the end of the meeting CAB asked if we all agreed that the two sites in Hart should go forward to the Planning Inspector. My clear recollection was that I and Cllr A Lilley objected, this was not recorded in the minutes. 
The minutes read;

In summary, it was noted that Site 11 – Ref 462: Hart Smallholdings East
and Site 13 – Ref 465: Hart Smallholdings West were the two sites to
remain on the list for further consideration as a proposed gypsy and
traveller site.
One Member did comment that the soil in this area was extra rich soil and
was very unhappy to see this site included, however no alternative sites
were proposed for consideration at this point.
A discussion ensued on the two sites at Hart Smallholdings and it was
noted that the access to the West site would have least impact on local
traffic.

Okay, perhaps as a point of clarification you can advise us on whether or not there was a vote taken and if so, how did members vote?

clavering codhead

The council officer kept on saying that as yet there is no demand for a site, whats to stop someone from putting their house for sale, pocketing the profit then buying a £5000 caravan and living in lovely Hart Village with only council tax and water rates to pay?

I might do it myself, save me a fortune in mortgage payments and I'll have enough left over for a nice Range Rover to carry my pegs and lucky heather around in.

In the mean time I'll send my letter of objection and hope the planning officer has a bit more common sense than the council.

Mr H

Quote from: rabbit on August 15, 2013, 02: PM
I am not convinced that the Inspector will turn down the Hart decision.

On what basis?

on the basis he lives in hart would good guess  ;D

rabbit

If the Inspector does turn the preferred choice (Hart smallholdings west) down, then the council will have to resubmit with their back-up choice.

Which is Hart smallholdings East. ;D

They couldn`t run a p**s up in a brewery.

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: pensionater on August 14, 2013, 04: PM
Lets say the committee change their minds and designate Huckleoven  Way or the  Brus ward as the new site.Will you all be up in arms then?.I very much doubt it, NIMBYism lives on in Hartlepool.People should of been against the sites full stop.Not waiting, thinking they wouldn't dare do it in their gods little acre.

I would be up in arms if the site was anywhere in town but see pensionater, if i'm honest, after the pure animosity offered by some residents of the other wards in the wake of the decision, laughing, making jokes, name calling and having a pop at the so called 'posh people' and seemingly relishing the fact that our homes are likely to be broken into, i think i would prefer to just turn round and tell them to go whistle for my support!!!!!!! In the interest of the good of the town i would however stand against it. Begrudgingly.

Always treat people how you would want to be treated because you just never know when you might need them...  ;)

bimbo 1

I have known a lot of gypsies over the years ,the older ones were not so bad but this knew breed ,they don't want to go out looking for work like the older ones ,they just sit and make thousands by selling drugs and most of them carry weapons they have no morels what so ever ,and we have a big enough problem with drugs in this town go in any pub in Hartlepool and the line to the toilet you think they were giving pork pies away it is getting worse by the day .Girls are as bad as the men you would get a shock ,its big bucks and the police do sod all .ALL THIS TOWN HAS IS THE SCABS AND THERE MATES A DRUG EPIDEMIC AND A BENT POLICE FORCE SO THANKS FOR PUTTING HARTLEPOOL ON THE MAP . IT IS GETTING TO BE A REAL S--- HOLE

Admin: This seems a good time to remind everyone that the views expressed on this forum are not necessarily the views of the Hartlepool Post website or the people who run it

Hartlepudlion

Well Lord Elphus you know what to do! Don't accept the minutes of the meeting until they record the TRUE details of the meeting. Too many minutes of Council Meetings don't record the details as remembered and yet ALL you Cllrs blithely sign them off.

It is about time that ALL meetings are recorded so that the minutes can be checked for a true recording. If the Council won't do it, then everybody take their own video/audio recordings.

Noseyp

I can't help but think that the culprits for this are US.

I say US meaning the electorate, the sheep who have allowed a version of the Labour Party to continue in power with traditional values replaced by power crazy individuals who will tread on anyone in their way.

The Hart ward councillors are worse than useless, Fisher is a liar and now think he can pull the wool over people's eyes. Beck has proved by his inaction over MR & over this he is a coward singing to the leaders tune, and I'm sure there is a third puppet but clearly she isn't yet deemed capable of public speech so they're keeping her on a leash.

Wright isn't fit to represent the town at any level and should be forced to resign, he is the most false, self serving and odious person I've ever had the misfortune to share a room with.

I'm grateful to those on this site who have posted details of the appeals process its just sad that as residents and council tax payers we now know that very few of our elected representatives are to be trusted. It's scary how few votes must have won the two Hart ward Labour seats if the idiots were prepared to give them away so cheaply.

misinformed

Quote from SAB "All areas of Hartlepool should be equal and Gypsy & Traveller community should be afforded the same level of services as everyone else. We agreed an 8 pitch site which will only ever be built should there be demand for one."
how can he say this then celebrate with his partner on winning the fact they not getting the gypsy site on the Manor Ward... and also fight its not going on his own ward.... pot kettle etc........ only takes one gypsy to say oh why not old chum think I will come and stay and their idea of it not happening is history .... as for MR WRIGHT or MR WRONG as he should be called.. where is he does anyone know what he does for this town??

steveL

This is all reminiscent of when, two or three years ago, Labour tried to close a couple of primary schools allegedly because of falling roll numbers. People feel as strongly about their local schools as they do about having a traveller's site on their door step. When the list of possible closures was published, all assessed against objective criteria of course, the public erupted and there were meetings all over the place.

Eventually, Labour chose their preference and guess which two they chose – Hart and Elwick which just happened to be two of the most successful and best performing schools in town. Elwick and Hart had an Independent Councillor at the time so no damage there to labour councillors.

HTH was in the thick of the campaign at the time and eventually it was decided that the statistics used that concluded pupil numbers were falling had been flawed and the whole thing was abandoned. 

Likewise now, the Hart Ward currently has two Labour Councillors who only managed to win their seats because of the collapse of the Lib-Dems. The Hart Ward is still regarded as a marginal by Labour which they half expect to lose at any time whether or not Hart ends up with the Travellers Site.

In the early stages of the Travellers issue, Labour tried hard to get non-Labour wards added to the original list even though council officers had concluded that there were no suitable sites in those wards. They failed to do so in Fens and Rossmere and Seaton but did manage to sneak in Tory Briarfields when George Morris fell asleep at the meeting.

It's all about protecting Labour seats, especially those of the Labour elite - not so much the sheep, who are always vulnerable to being offered up as sacrifices.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

I was in M&S this after and I spotted the Mail's front page picture. I pointed out to my g/daughter that I was there. With a little bit of imagination I might have spotted myself. A lady next to me joined in and asked if our MP was there? I said yes and before I could say anything else she launched into an attack against our MP " what a waste of time that odious little man is" etc. so yet another thinker is against our MP. I can't help hoping that the thinkers will outnumber the non-thinkers and vote him out 2015. Am hoping for too much?

steveL

........ everything depends on having a credible alternative
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.