Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Fisher might not have been on the committee but he could still have attended..

DRiddle

I wonder if Jean Robinson will be going? According to this article published the day after she got elected to represent the people on the Hart Ward, she said she was "dumbstruck" to have won.

QuoteThe 65-year-old widow, who lives in the Clavering area and works for the NHS, said: "I didn't expect to win and I can't believe people have voted for me in this number.

"I just want to help people and I am looking forward to the challenge."

http://www.peterleestar.co.uk/news/local/women-lead-labour-election-charge-1-3354748

I don't know about "dumbstruck" but she's certainly been 'struck dumb' since this whole thing blew up.

She hasn't said a word on the issue.

steveL

Looks like we can take Wright's Mail article as the trailer for what tac they'll be taking tomorrow night - that it's all the fault of those horrible Tories - ironic given that the local Tories supported Labour as usual. These people don't accept responsibility for anything once it goes pear shaped.

I still say the fact that the two Hart sites were assessed as being the least suitable is the attack line to take here and not harp on about house prices. By all accounts, Labour had decided on their preferred sites in group meetings long before the actual Finance and Policy Meeting took place.

I suggest everyone gets there early if they want a place. Me - I'm gonna go all Tory and sell decaying tomatoes - it's called enterprise, don't you know  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

admin

A copy of an e-mail letter sent to all Councillors today:

The Leader has asked me to make you aware of an open / public meeting which is to be held tomorrow at 6.30pm, in Hart Village Hall, to discuss residents concerns in relation to the Gypsy Site decision by F&P.  Please note that the Leader, Dave Stubbs and Damien Wilson will be in attendance at the meeting and should you wish to also attend, you would of course be more than welcome.

Apparently Ian Wright will be there too.

grim reaper

Tomatoes Steve? All chairs within 500m of the venue are to be removed before the 'sainted' (tainted?) one and his consort appear.  :-*

I've heard there will be a large police presence.
So don't be a naughty boy.  ;D

steveL

Hey it's been a bumper crop this year and demand has been unusually high  ;) I've heard there will be a ceremonial procession down front street before the meeting.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

:) The head of planning should also be there, Tom Britcliffe lives in Hart Village....hahahahahaahahahah  :)

mo the lawn

Bet the people of Hart are so pleased nothing will happen until there is a demand for the site.That wont be long coming. Also when the 1st one turns up to make the demand where do they go until the site is built , is it just me or is there a funny smell.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

THe word demand makes me think of the landfill sites.

Look how the demand for those grew and the council were powerless to control them.

I can think of other examples too but you get the jist.

I always though that our elected representatives were too clever not to be unseated by anybody but themselves.
I have every faith that thought will come true.
I don't believe it.

Kato

Hi,

I live in the village and enjoy the poor lighting, accident blackspots and lack of parking.  I appreciatte the council may be about to spend a bit of money up here as it could do with it.  Id be very surprised if the Gipsy crowd can negotiate their way accident free to the site. However if they do they wont find much, aside from the poor lighting, the lack of shops and powerful blasts of wind (see the wind turbine go near the site).   The village could use the benefits of good lighting, finally decent water pressure and improved infrastructure.  They'll also enjoy the odd business trip to Elwick I imagine as they dont like to defecate on the doorstep so to speak.  Theres a lot to do to make it ready for them so I cant wait !   

Once the White Hart and Raby Arms get packed with travellers no doubt the traffic will ease further and we will have better parking.  Less places to eat and visitors to the village but its a small price to pay.  Theres a lot of demand up here, its a pity it takes a few non taxpayers to sort it all out.

Kato

In all seriousness, its not posh at all. Expensive, quiet and barely able to cope with the people in it currently.  The decision is a joke based on nothing but desperate councillors poor jusgement. And I hope they are noticed for their lack of leadership and cowardice.

SRMoore

SRMoore

Quote from: steveL on August 13, 2013, 08: PM
I still say the fact that the two Hart sites were assessed as being the least suitable is the attack line to take here and not harp on about house prices.

Quite right, Steve. Unfortunately house prices, insurance premiums, et al will NOT be considered as part of the planning process. Sad but true.

When building a case for objection/appeal there are only certain things that will be considered in relation to a valid objection.

·         Visual Impact

·         Privacy/overbearing

·         Daylight/sunlight

·         Noise, smell etc

·         Access/traffic

·         Health and safety

·         Ecology.

·         Crime (and the fear of)

·         Economic impact – Loss of farm land that is currently worked

·         Planning history

·         Related decisions

·         Cumulative impact – Because of the open green space around Hart sites and the secluded location there is the very real possibility of the site illegally growing around the designated zone. Even greater impact on many of the above factors and a the possibility of a costly legal dispute/clean up.

·         Personal factors – Not sure what falls under this. Phobia of gypsies/horses? ;)

Factors that will NOT be considered, however much we protest.

·         The applicant – Not really applicable since it is HBC

·         Land ownership

·         Private rights (e.g. access)

·         Restrictive covenants

·         Property value – Devaluing your house price is of no regard to them!

·         Competition

·         Loss of view

·         "Better site"

·         "Better use"

·         Change from previous scheme

·         Matters controlled under Building Regulations or other non-planning laws. E.g. Structural stability, drainage, fire precautions etc.

Pressure is also mounting on Eric Pickles as I have contacted a number of conservative council leaders, groups and MPs who are in areas also affected by these rules/quotas to come together and make a concentrated case for Pickles to keep his pre-election promise and scrap the lot.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

pensionater

Lets say the committee change their minds and designate Huckleoven  Way or the  Brus ward as the new site.Will you all be up in arms then?.I very much doubt it, NIMBYism lives on in Hartlepool.People should of been against the sites full stop.Not waiting, thinking they wouldn't dare do it in their gods little acre.