Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatTheHeck

Looks like an ideal location, close to shops so they can collect their daily supplies, open countryside where they can freely harvest the fruits of the land and where their animals  can graze, unhindered.

Plus, despite being a resident of the 'plush housing estate' its a long way from my house !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

The Great Dictator

Where's Hitler when you need him ?

Mr Mister

From today's Mail.. http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/emergency-meeting-called-due-to-outrage-over-plans-to-put-gypsy-site-near-hart-village-and-bishop-cuthbert-1-5940852

But Coun Fisher said: "I knew nothing about it. I am not a member of that committee therefore they did not have to invite me.

LIES, LIES, LIES, I HAVE KNOWN WEEKS WHERE THE SITE WAS GOING TO BE, SO HOW COMES YOU DIDN'T,

"But I am also a member of the planning committee and I'm sure that this proposal will have many more stages to go through.

"I don't want to prejudice my involvement in that process."

I BET YOU DON'T FISHER!

Coun Fisher added: "Considering I am not a member of the committee that took the decision, but I have been working on the result of it all day yesterday, I won't be resigning."

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT WEEKS AGO, NEVER MIND YESTERDAY, YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR YOU AND UNWISELY HAD FAITH IN YOU!

Coun Beck and Robinson were unavailable for comment.

I BET THEY WERE, THEY'RE WAITING FOR INSTRUCTION FROM CHRISTOPHER, THEY HAVEN'T WORK OUT THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYED BY THE LABOUR MOB, THE PENNY WILL DROP WHEN NO ONE VOTES FOR THE THREE OF THEM NEXT TIME AROUND.

Yes I was shouting!

DRiddle

Well, it looks like Keith Fisher has just lost his seat on Hart with this comment...

QuoteCoun Fisher said: "I knew nothing about it.

(It being the Thursdays meeting).

The Mail aren't allowing comments on that article. Probably for the best in Keith's case as a comment like that to your electorate is political suicide, and the back lash will be enormous.

The comments are still flooding in here though. http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/council-picks-land-for-controversial-gypsy-site-in-hartlepool-1-5935794

clavering codhead

Kieth was very vocal on all subjects, a regular on the Mail front page especially regarding the hospital, right up to being elected and taking his pieces of silver.

Bought and paid for Kieth, i expected better!

Mr Mister

I've been saying it for years, finally his true colours are being shown to everyone in the town.

The'll make him Alderman of the town or some other nonsense title for his services to the Labour party..

pensionater

Lets face it which  ever site was chosen there was going to be an uproar.What gets me is the SNOBS who whine about there precious house prices.Do they think they are any more proud of their house than say someone from the De Brus ward.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I think it is a natural reaction for anybody to be worried about house prices.
I think that is a human reaction and not snobbery.
I live in Seaton and I am not happy with the decision.
I would also be banging on about the value of my home if the camp was going to be near me too.

The enemy isn't the residents of Hart, Bishop Cuthbert and Clavering.

I do think Keith Fisher could have made mroe of an effort rather than saying he wasn't on the committee.
Rather than hiding behind that he could have questioned the pathetic motives behind the decision. 
I don't believe it.

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on August 10, 2013, 05: PM
I think it is a natural reaction for anybody to be worried about house prices.
I think that is a human reaction and not snobbery.
I live in Seaton and I am not happy with the decision.
I would also be banging on about the value of my home if the camp was going to be near me too.

The enemy isn't the residents of Hart, Bishop Cuthbert and Clavering.

I do think Keith Fisher could have made mroe of an effort rather than saying he wasn't on the committee.
Rather than hiding behind that he could have questioned the pathetic motives behind the decision.

Well said. As Jim Royale would say, "snobs my ar**!"  ;)

steveL

People need to stop talking about house prices and about Gypsies as if they were some kind of sub-species and concentrate on the fact that HBC completely ignored it's own assessment criteria.

There were 16 possible sites listed and the two at Hart were deemed to be the least suitable of all 16. The decision to choose the two Hart sites was made for political reasons to minimise the political impact on traditional Labour wards. Although Hart ward has two Labour Councillors and one Independent at the momemt, it is seen as a marginal ward which labour will struggle to hang on to next time around anyway.

Anyone complaining to the Planning Inspectorate needs to focus on the political nature of the decison and the increasing frequency by which HBC is ignoring standard procedures in favour of self-preservation..
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

This is more woe for the residents of hart,and will anyone buy them,planning for 23 houses.

http://eforms.hartlepool.gov.uk:7777/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=98121

allinthistogether!!

Keith Fisher seems very vocal now!! Too little too late Fisher....anyway since Bellway mobilized i highly doubt this will go ahead...

Hartlepudlion

I see in the Mail that our "the hospital will not close" MP has now become the "it won't happen here" MP

not4me

;D ;D ;D  I think our MP used up all of his 'trust me credit' a long time ago over the hospital

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on August 13, 2013, 12: PM
I see in the Mail that our "the hospital will not close" MP has now become the "it won't happen here" MP

The little tosspot is hilarious............. His name is all over this traveller site debacle.......
Probably starting to realise how unpopular he and his party are becoming in the town, and thinking about his future employment ;)
'They don't like it up em'