Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Maybe 'national' isn't better than 'local' - one analogy could be that 'Betty's' tea rooms would be better off if they joined forces with Greggs!  ;)

steveL

KD you are obsessed.
OK if it makes you happy, everyone acknowledges that the source of this legislation is Europe.
Now what exactly are you suggesting - that everyone in Hart/Clavering and Bishop Cuthbert lobbys Brussels? Or should they focus on the fact that the least suitable sites have been chosen by Labour for purely for their own political reasons and that there are other sites which match the selection criteria the council were supposed to be using much more closely - a point which is far more likely to achieve the desired result in the time available than lobbying Brussels.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

I hadn't thought of it quite like that  Tea and Pasties,  but yes that was the idea PHF can still be PHF and both party's work together for a common purpose towards a common goal I feel it would solve the problem of Labour dominance in Hartlepool.

beanzontoast

In view of the fact Hart Ward will alwys be targeted and get a raw deal from the Labour controlled council and in reference to the gypsy site planned there, my suggestion to residents is to send a copy of their petition to Eric Pickles with a covering letter explaining that that the ward has traditionally returned tory councillors but in this instance the ward is no longer disposed to do this we are most seriously persue UKIP or PHF as our prefered representatives, this is where I take a little artistic licence who do you think Eric Pickles will sit up and listen a mention for UKIP or PHF its a no brainer really but then Hartlepool is not noted for its politics. Having sent the petition to the said Pickles Hart residents should apply for a Judicial review this will in essence stop the site in its tracks, time is off the essence here as Judicial review s are for the chop.

Sanddancer

This thread needs a boost lest we forget...meeting a  week tomorrow.