labour manifesto propaganda.

Started by stokoe, September 15, 2013, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Quoteyour time maybe now though

Maybe it is...

steveL

Funnily enough, I heard yesterday of another example of 'modifications' to procedure which seems to have been slipped through un-noticed.

As most people would know, the first part of any council meeting is to agree to the minutes of the previous meeting - actually, this is fairly standard across most formal meetings anywhere. The idea is simple enough, if anyone has a problem with how accurately the events of the previous meeting were recorded they are given the opportunity to say so and ask for a modification to the minutes if need be. If this is agreed by a majority present then the minutes are amended.

Not any more.

The minutes are now run passed the committee Chair before being published and he/she can modify them as they wish. When the minutes get to the actually committee, anyone questioning their accuracy now has no opportunity to have them amended.

This is quite useful to some. For example, even though you might have spoken against the siting of a traveller site in Hart you might find that there is no mention of this when the minutes of the meeting are published. Even if the Mail reporter present did accurately report in the paper what you had said you now have no way of insisting that those same comments appear in the minutes.

This then, for example, allows the Committee Chair, who in this case happened to be Christopher Akers-Belcher, to claim that there had been no dissent expressed during the meeting. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: ARC86 on September 16, 2013, 10: AM
Until PHF stop using terms such as "the mob" or "the dear leader" they wont be taken seriously.. ive come to the conclusion PHF are all disgruntled ex Labour men

I have never used the term 'the mob' although I can see the logic of using it. Likewise, I have never referred to CAB as the 'Dear Leader; in this case, I would have a problem with both the word 'dear' and 'leader'. I prefer Chris Simmons' description of 'a jumped-up benefits clerk'.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

For once Steve i agree with you that is shocking as it doesnt represent i true record.. that definetly needs amending

and  ;D to your second point