Seals Sands

Started by not4me, February 23, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Somehow I don't find it reassuring that this plan is UNLIKELY to contaminate water supplies. Another example of the area being used as a dumping ground for toxic waste all on the promise of jobs. That's where we now find ourselves - so desperate for jobs that we will accept anyone's sh**e.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2013/02/22/ineos-to-dig-down-2-5miles-in-plan-to-store-toxic-waste-at-seal-sands-84229-32859319/

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Just stick the label centre of excellence on it and it will be fine. World class s**t.
I don't believe it.

tankerville

This is not something new. Plans were submitted for nuclear waste to be stored at the disused Billingham mine shafts a couple of years ago. It never happened but it could have, and possibly still can.

Glaxo brought all or most of their ' toxic' ? waste from Barnard Castle and dumped it into the Hartlepool Basin. Back in the 70s.

We still have the continuation of Seaton Meadows going further than the Star Ship Enterprise It's five year mission to go where no one else has gone, to boldly go where no one else has been.

Teeside is now seen as the Dumping Capital of the World. Ghost Ships. Toxic Waste. you name it and We'll have it. As long as it comes with 'a promise' of hundred's of job's of course.

Politicians call it progress we the public call it what it is.