Sickening

Started by steveL, February 18, 2013, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

After only one week, trees planted in Seaton park in memory of relatives are destroyed. Go on....tell me about how deprived these poor darlings are.....

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/vandals-destroy-memorial-trees-1-5417462
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

Children from local schools Jemond. Brougham. & Sacred Heart planted hundreds of saplings in the North Cemetery they were well established because long grass protected them.

The long grass also attracted wild life Bee's. Butterflies. Insect's and of course field mice ready meals for the owl's and birds of prey.

Sadly they are now No more.

Hartlepool Council mowed the long grass along with all but a few of the saplings. They did exactly the same thing on the Hart Lane embankment.

Kid's take ownership if they are involved in tree planting I'm not sure if this would have prevented the vandalism but it might of.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Little b*****s ... there does seem to be a cruel streak running through our society these days.  Proof of mindless idiocy is clearly evident on sites such as Facebook, where news of sad events are met with a curious mixture of gushing sentiment and vicious jibes.

Vincent

Nothing new, I remember saplings being planted along Catcote Road in the 80s and being ripped out the very next day, I hope those responsible are reading this post and feel thier stomach fill with bile.

There must be some CCTV near Seaton Park that either the police or council can review to catch the culprits

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There is a massive big 'lamp post' in the park with  a camera on top.

I've never had anything good come out of requesting CCTV help ...had my car scraped a couple of times (minor) in car parks
and apparently the cameras were looking the other way at the time. 

I don't believe it.

SRMoore

Similar situation when my car was stolen Stig. A CCTV camera covers the only road on and off the Headland but it was of no use because it wasn't switched on apparently.