Angie's Rival Furniture Project

Started by steveL, February 13, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

It seems that the lady has been running her own rival version of the infamous furniture project all along . . . 

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/10-news/councillors/155-councillor-arrested

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

No disrespect to HTH, but if this story is true and happened last Friday wouldn't you have thought that it would have been in the Mail before now? I would have thought that police activities would form a core part of their daily news gathering and the arrest of a councillor would surely be classed as 'news'. They don't seem to have a problem reporting the alleged misdemeanors of other people,

admin

Just to point out that the Police need to be allowed to do their stuff and due process allowed to take its course so people need to be careful what they post on this issue.

mk1

Quote from: not4me on February 13, 2013, 05: PM
if this story is true and happened last Friday wouldn't you have thought that it would have been in the Mail before now?

I presume Joy will  say that her mate Councillor Wilcox has not been charged with anything and The Sheffield Mail is not in the business of reporting every arrest in its pages.

I have to agree with Joy's inactivity. She would never stoop as low as  to print such unsubstantiated  gossip about someone who was only arrested rather than charged with anything.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/councillor-arrested-over-web-comments-1-3053020

whatabouthisthen

Been unable to log on for a while but seems ok again now.
Hi again everyone.

Re AW arrest. Do you think that this could be a smokescreen to hide bigger misdemeanours?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Isn't this a bit of a farce ...like chasing Ronnie Biggs for not having a train ticket.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on February 14, 2013, 02: PM
Isn't this a bit of a farce ...like chasing Ronnie Biggs for not having a train ticket.

Mud sticks.
No matter what the outcome Angie will forever be ridiculed as someone who 'nicked' a bit of poxy  furniture. All people will remember is her arrest and she has lost a huge amount of the carefully  crafted credibility she spent years manufacturing. Note the Mail tried to help her out with this bit:

"Coun Wilcox, who is elected until 2015, is a former Brierton School pupil and has worked in the voluntary sector for 30 years and is the manager of Manor Residents' Association, in Kilmarnock Road.

Current council responsibilities include being vice chair of children's services scrutiny and south and central neighbourhood forums, a member of scrutiny co-ordinating committee and adult and community services scrutiny forum.
"

Still it is a start. Once the cracks start appearing who knows what else will leak out.............

marky

She appears to be blaming the removal men which begs the question why would you need a removal van to move furniture from what was obviously a furnished property. Isn't it more likely that she made use of the Manor Residents own transport?

suvin

Good point marky. Monthly rents for houses in that area are mega.

testing times

I like the topic title. It put's a whole new slant on marj's pet project  ;D

fred c

Speaking of Marj............. Where is she ???

steveL

canvassing, I suspect . . trying to convince people that Marj is better than Bitter
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.