you'd never think they were broke, would you?

Started by not4me, February 11, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

This is just the latest example of how HBC seems to think it's perfectly OK to have several goes at sorting out traffic issues with large amounts of money being wasted in the process. This time it's £53,000 up the spout but there are plenty of others: Raby Road/Middleton Road, the Tesco Roundabout, the nightmare that is the crossings near the Mail Office that had a turn to Morrisins but now doesn't. I'm sure people can think of others.
My personal favourite is the crossing at the Saxon pub which at one time had a central reservation installed as well as floodlights only to be removed later.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/u-turn-over-40k-crossing-1-5398266

mk1

You are missing the point. The aim is not to improve the infrastructure but to keep spending money to create the illusion of wealth.
Think how many jobs were 'created' or 'protected' for all those with a finger in the improvement industry.
Furthermore all the cost is counted as money generated and put back into the local economy. The fa*tty Belchers will have all the wasted money down as 'worth' they put into the area. It is all a  con and those who look for an end result that has any other aim but to keep churning money are wasting their  time.

tankerville

We have a traffic system that is useless the maze of islands at Marina Way opposite MAIL, Doing away with the right turn at this Junction to Morrisons & Pools Ground. I've witnessed Taxi's still right turn here highly illegal not to say damn stupid.

No Right Turn Park Road & Victoria road Junctions.

Roads and streets in the town made narrow with dangerous nibs coming out hidden in the darkness or when covered in snow.

One way streets. Streets blocked off. and who can we blame for the idiotic scheme Thornton Street linier park. The Labour Councillor's for Stranton saying what a wonderful idea give us your vote and it will go ahead.

The proposed but thankfully rejected YORK ROAD Buses only. Now that would have been totally idiotic.

Catcote road still under constant road works Owton manor lane and tailbacks often reached as far back as Hart Lane.

I travel regulary to Stockton & Middlesbrough it takes 20/30 minutes it takes nearly that long to get from the Fens to the Headland. The Return journey can take even longer.

Marina Way should be the setting for a TOP GEAR programme cars doing over 60 mph + don't believe me?
well see for yourself, the town is full of drivers who flaunt red lights no wonder when they are having to put up with the stupid state of traffic mis-management from H.B.C.

Sorry to rant on but this really annoys me when H.B.C. think they know what we want and go ahead with wasting tax payers money on an ill conceived traffic management scheme.

Thankfully Iv'e not included the Interchange. Ghost Station. Bust Station. Hartlepools own Marie Celeste.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't know why I am punished for driving legally ?

If I drive down Warrior Road past the Schooner for example, why do I now have to stop to let cars coming the opposite way pass when it is not a single track road ?
If the law was enforced with a bit of common sense then there would be no need for traffic calming.

For me TESCO car park and connected roundabout deserves an award for the worst road planning in the world.
How on earth did they get away with the suicide slip roads !!!

Personally, I am saving up for a Land Rover Defender as I am so sick and tired of pot holes and jarring speed bumps ... sod the environment and pedestrian safety.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Hartlepols problem is simple, we hsve only three roads running north to south in the town. We actually need a road to the west of town from Claxton up to Throston with feeder roads then vehicles leaving town will not have to travel through the town to exit the place as at present. Also, the idiotic practice of closing off numerous minor roads has only added to the problem.
One prime example, is the part of Park Road between the one life and the York Road junction heading west. You have two lanes,one of which takes all the traffic and one is a bus lane which hasn't seen a bus in over ten years. If that lane was used tor traffic proceeding up ParkRoad and the present lane for traffic turning into York Road, there wouldn,t br thr chtonic traffic congestion at the one life junction we presently experience. The question you have to ask, is if we can see the problem snd solution, why can't the people whose job it is to?
Do the people who organise these things actually live in the town or are they the prople who travel in to administer to us and travel out again unaffected by their decisions?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Former roads boss Ian Parker tried in vain to close York road permanently with no success before he took 30 pieces of silver and left for Middlesbrough.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Why close York Road ? ...to encourage more continental style dining maybe ?  ;)
I don't believe it.

SRMoore

Quote from: testicles on February 12, 2013, 11: AM
Former roads boss Ian Parker tried in vain to close York road permanently with no success before he took 30 pieces of silver and left for Middlesbrough.
where he closed Linthorpe Road.

in an ideal situation closing York Road from Boots to Barclays to all but public transport would be great. Unfortunately because of the way the surrounding streets/roads are, it wouldn't be possible to divert the traffic.

Alternatively of course we could just encourage the bars on Church Street to swap with shops on York Road as CS allows for more scope as well as getting more people to visit/walk past transport interchange.

tankerville

Lowthian road was sealed off due to pressure brought to bear by the chair of Wharton / Errol resident association.

Reason given to allow children to play outside in safety this same chairman was exposed as a Peadophile.

The road was and is blocked off but no children play outside..I wonder why??

H.B.C. listen to the people who make the most noise however small the group. Falcoln Road is a case in point, it's not what you know it's who you know.

Friends of Councillors.

mk1

Quote from: tankerville on February 12, 2013, 04: PM
Lowthian road was sealed off due to pressure brought to bear by the chair of Wharton / Errol resident association.

The non-sealed  opening on to York road from Lothian road was a very dangerous place. I used to live near and I know of 2 fatalities. The number of cars nosing out to York road getting  hit was too many to count.

fred c

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on February 11, 2013, 09: PM
I don't know why I am punished for driving legally ?

If I drive down Warrior Road past the Schooner for example, why do I now have to stop to let cars coming the opposite way pass when it is not a single track road ?
If the law was enforced with a bit of common sense then there would be no need for traffic calming.

For me TESCO car park and connected roundabout deserves an award for the worst road planning in the world.
How on earth did they get away with the suicide slip roads !!!

Personally, I am saving up for a Land Rover Defender as I am so sick and tired of pot holes and jarring speed bumps ... sod the environment and pedestrian safety.

If i travel from Tesco`s up Burn Road to drive along Belle Vue way, i just use the Roundabout to turn left as normal..... Stig is spot on about the Suicide Slip Road, so i never use it.

There was talk of a re-vamp of the slip road with a reported cost of £175,000......... not sure if it was shelved completely or just posponed

Vincent

We may be getting sleeping policemen in Tunstall Avenue and Granville Avenue because three councillors live there, more smashed up motors

tankerville

They have a whole lot more of them in Avenue Road. :D

fred c

I wonder if the man who mends the roads in town has thought of taking all of the material piled up in roads all over the town masquarading as road safety measures, & filling in all of the craters that now litter virtually every road & street in Hartlepool.

There are far more motorist friendly safety measure available than the Humps HBC use, it is a proven fact that road humps damage Car Suspensions, Tyres, & Steering Alignment, it is also a proven fact that nearby properties can suffer from damaged foundations from Heavier vehicles causing vibration.

Instead of following the easiest & cheapest option of Humps, a little research by the relevant head of department wouldn`t go amiss

tankerville

H.B.C. road team came and filled in the potholes on the corner a week ago.

I asked why have you not done those two?

Sorry mate but they are not deep enough to fill in.

They are now.

For the want of.... Comes to mind.