Shady

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, January 28, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/questions-raised-as-60-000-repairs-to-former-shades-hotel-in-hartlepool-approved-1-9561683

How come it is  Legal obligation for the council to keep Shades in good order but not an obligation for the council to get the previous owner to keep Shades or any of their other buildings in good order ?
I don't believe it.

mr ben

Because the previous owners could run rings around council goons ...   

fred c

According to The Leader when asked.....Why weren't the previous owners taken to court when the building dropped into disrepair..... from what I can gather (the sound quality was again less than adequate) the council did some repairs and then billed the owners.

It was also stated that to be awarded a Lottery Grant a viable business case needs to be put forward for the building, as yet they have no idea of the likely costs involved in the buildings refurbishment.

They certainly believe the Shades will / has  / to be a major part of the 'New Church Street' and it has got to be refurbished.......I remember when SAB said exactly the same in a video of him and Barclay being interviewed in front of the burned out Wesley.

Lucy Lass-Tick

What organisation (and I use the word loosely) embarks on a capital purchase of such magnitude without a business plan? Surely it should have been a prerequisite - not a codicil before applying for a grant.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on January 28, 2019, 06: PM
......I remember when SAB said exactly the same in a video of him and Barclay being interviewed in front of the burned out Wesley.
yeah, I remember him stood there spouting off. Never made a comment on the subject since.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Maybe  that's a question the excellent hartlepool tv can ask.

Inspector Knacker

Will the Shades in a couple years time be renovated and called 'The Churchy' in that truly imaginative style beloved of the movers and shakers?

seaton

Maybe once the Shades has been the refurbished it will be turned into cafe by the Akers Belcher.s

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: seaton on January 29, 2019, 11: AM
Maybe once the Shades has been the refurbished it will be turned into cafe by the Akers Belcher.s
There's an idea, hmmmm Kebelcherbabs, it's the future!! But how will you get volunteers to run it? Or a whine bar, you can order glass of red with Austerity Cut of Beef, chips and salad. Optional leg of mince is available on the Vegetarian menu.
The options are endless, well, till the funding finally dries up. :(

Johnny Bongo

But seriously....what do you think they intend to do with it?  My guess is they'll spend half a million quid, from grants and no doubt OUR Council Tax (that's been 'moved' from one pool to another, legitimately of course ;)!)  then sell it to one of their 'friends' for sixpence!  What will they buy next?  The Wesley? At least they won't need to mess with the name...as it already ends in a Y! 

Inspector Knacker

The new Labour Hall ?