Durham Tees Valley Airport

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 22, 2019, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It appears Hartlepool's representative turned up in a Virgin Atlantic uniform.
After a new job ?
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

I'm afraid the pocket size visionary looked like a contestant in a Mr Punch lookalike competition who'd popped over to the meeting without getting changed.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

On a more serious note, this development prompted me to delve into how things are going in general and more importantly, what's in it for us.
I was not really impressed. Oh, there's lots of developments apparently going on but any links end in jibber jabber and you end up none the wiser. I'd just like to know a list of projects and developments in each authority and the projected spend/investment. We seem to have gotten a few fripperies from what I can see in relative terms and absolutely nothing in the meaningful jobs category.
There are some really big investments going on and we appear to have been giving the none speaking support cast role in this piece of police like theatre.
Which begs the question are our 'representatives' totally out of their depth in these situations or just not taken seriously in a group leader scenario. I suspect both.
We have a problem.

pieface

Hard to see how this investment will ever work out other than for the land value. The private owners Peel failed to attract investment, downgraded 4th the terminal facilities and size. Housing developments were allowed to be built right next to terminal and even a retirement village there now.. Services were lost from previous low budget carriers like ryanair and holiday companies such as tui etc. Worst of all the airport lost its crucial daily Heathrow slot to attract travellers for connecting services and businesses..

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Benny Hill has posted about meeting with Stobart.
Appears he is trying to get ahead on the announcement of the operator.

Are there no pressing issues in Hartlepool for him to take the initiative and work on without hanging on to the coat tails of somebody else ?
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

There's plenty of developments going on. But, what do we in Hartlepool get out of it?Our so called representative doesn't look very good at getting anything apart from pocket money for irrelevant landscaping projects.
'Visions' ? I suspect their idea of a vision for this town is a very limited 'vision', more of a flight of fancy.