Tin Shed 'World Class Venue'

Started by mk1, September 20, 2015, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

It appears the booze distribution system broke down. Punters complaining of 40-60 minute waits to get served whilst the  organisers insisting  it was only 10 mins!

https://www.facebook.com/WeAreFamilyFest

Philip Swales

Bit of a shambles, aye.  Some people queued for an hour for a drink and still didn't get served.  The acoustics in the tin shed where horrible too, from what little I heard of the music.  We left before the JAR lads came on because it was a bit of a joke.  8 bartenders fr 5000 people?  You'd think Cameron's would have known better.

pensionater

A group of local lads trying to make a name for themselves and the town and all you get on here is negativity.There was actually more positive posts than negative on Facebook.Get a life.

Land Phil

The worst venue possible, unprofessional organisation, unpopular enough to warrant giving away 400 plus tickets, only name most of the town was aware of was The Jar Family, poor access facilities (potential nightmare if emergency services were needed).

On the rare occasion we have had big names in the town have they performed in venues such as the Borough Hall and Town Hall.
Is it because they are safe, have accommodating bar and toilet facilities etc.

Ask yourself why people are happy to pay £50 to go to the stadium of light, upto £100 to go to the Metro arena.

Time to get out of town more often and see how others do it. Get real.

If you think this event did our town proud then you are the reason this town is such a joke.
Not even polishing the turd before calling it a diamond.

craig finton

I didn't go but the impression I have is that most people who did enjoyed themselves. The main whinge seems to be the length of time it took to get a drink which to me confirms the view that Hartlepool people have trouble enjoying themselves unless they have ready access to alcohol. I can't ever remember seeing a bar inside the Metro Arena concert hall while the bands are playing.

I'm sure it wasn't perfect but it was something in the face of very little else so good luck to them and I hope they have another go next year.

Land Phil

...but won't the £1.5 million millstone around our necks be sold by then ?

Hartlepudlion

I have to agree with Craig, a lot better than nothing. May be the organisers will learn and do a better job next time. Come on Cameron's!

fred c

I have to say... Good on The Jar Family for putting on the event............

My only criticism would be, Calamity Chris, Lying Ste & The LabTor Mob attempting to hi-jack the event & link it to The Visionary Delusion..... They do have a track record of jumping on any & every bandwagon that they think may further their agenda.

steveL

Think Positive - the noise will have scared the rats away for a while at least.  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

Quote from: steveL on September 22, 2015, 08: AM
Think Positive - the noise will have scared the rats away for a while at least.  ::)

Including the two legged ones !

mk1

The Mail's online article started with 'Hundreds of people' but by the time it got into print it became 'Thousands of people'.
One of the principles was also quoted as saying something like (memory) 'must have been 5000 people there' which given he would know exactly how many tickets had been sold sounds a bit odd.

pensionater

So everyone who had bought a ticket turned upon the day,and anyone who didn't have a ticket didn't go,hahahaha,sometimes Kipperdip has a point.

dowager

I went to the event .. enjoyed it a lot. Nice atmosphere, good music BUT terrible organisation of the bar / bar staff / beer queues ... in fact, in a town like Hartlepool that LIVES on alcohol, it was a total joke.

Reflected badly on Camerons too, with their signs and self-congratulatory tone about them .. even though, apparently, they only SUPPLIED the beer and bars, they had nothing to do with running of the bar at all.

At one point, people from the audience were helping out 'friends' behind the bars - in fact, the toilets were MUCH  better organised.

YES, the sound inside the Tin Shed was terrible off to the side and for most of the bands in there  as the y had no 'bodies to absorb the echoes, but once the place was very busy and as long as you stood IN FRONT of the stage, the sound was actually pretty good - the outside stage and sound were excellent.

I HOPE it becomes an annual event, or perhaps three or four times a year - until the council come up with a money spinning idea with their 'sponsors' to do something else with it.

steveL

Apparently, the guy who runs the Jar Family management company has a crime sheet as long as your arm - tax evasion being one of the things on a fairly lengthy list. This place gets more like Chicago in the 40s every day.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

HBC have develpoped a bit of a reputation for engaging with businessmen with spurious reputations, in fact rumour has it that some of the spurious businessmen are on the council.