Spoilt for Choice

Started by steveL, May 22, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

KD.

I've just been out to vote and I was surprised at the sheer number of 'anti-Europe' parties who seem to have candidates up for the Euros - they come under all sorts of names. I'm wondering why these groups haven't just joined UKIP? Are they splinter groups who started off in UKIP and then left or are they stand-alone new groups?

I would have thought it would be better to all be under one banner myself.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mican

Just noticed that myself, seems like the first one on the list "independence from Europe" is ran by a former UKIP MEP, while UKIP were last on the list, it would seem to me that a lot of people may very well vote for a different party without realising.  Not sure why the leader of IFE party left UKIP but they may very well split the vote and allow another party in, is this a case of shooting oneself in the foot after spitting the dummy out?

Land Phil

Dividing the opposition seems to be a good tactic for the greatly opposed common enemy to win.

I felt that is how Iain Wright managed to stay in power last election.

steveL

"It was said that RKS left the Church of England because they wouldn't let him be God."  ;D ;D

I liked that one..
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.