Ironic!

Started by grim reaper, December 27, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on December 28, 2013, 02: PM

Scargill is stiil ripping off the NUM, but I suppose if your a staunch unionist you can just turn a blind eye !

I have no blind eye and can see much better than you.
I saw what happened when Scargill went on trial for  stealing from the NUM. Every day hundreds of reporters laid siege too his door. TV news had it on every bulletin.
The right-wing press made it front page news the length of the trial. Scargill was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Fast forward to the top men in the UDM getting caught with their hands in the till. They set up a law firm and hid the fact they owned it. They ripped off sick miners by charging a fee when every other solicitor did it on a no win no fee basis. The awards gained by the UDM firm were on average 1000 quid lower than the industry standard. Sick miners were out of pocket so the  scum bags could fiddle 150,000 in one year.
The UDM had 1,500 members yet the top men paid themselves more than UNISON leaders who had millions of members. Capitalism and the free market, dontcha' just love it!
Contrast the wall-to-wall coverage of the Scargill trial with the almost invisible jailing of the UDM man for 4 years.
Double standards lads and glad to see you are still being led by the nose by multi-millionaire off-shore tax exile press barons.

fred c

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on December 28, 2013, 02: PM
Quote from: mk1 on December 27, 2013, 11: PM
Quote from: Hartlepudlion on December 27, 2013, 07: PM

The UDM  leader was jailed in 2012 for stealing from the union.

Scargill is stiil ripping off the NUM, but I suppose if your a staunch unionist you can just turn a blind eye !

Scargill is 1 Trade Union Leader you consider to be ripping off "His Union Members & only his Union Members"

Now give us a "List of The 100`s Of Bankers" who have & are ripping the A**e out of the man in the street, they are the real cause of the Sh*t Cart coming off the rails but they still haven`t been brought to heal....... if a Union had done what the Bankers did.... they Bilderburghers would have had working people Jailed.

I don`t pretend to believe that there aren`t problems within the Trade Union Movement............ but we can see exactly what happens to working people when Right Wing Politicians & The Bankers Run The Shop.

Take a look at the National Health Service now, then try to think what it will be like in 5 to 10 years if they keep contol....... There won`t be one.

mk1

Bankers go to jail in the USA.
Bankers go to jail in Iceland.
Bankers got to jail in Spain.

Bankers in the UK get a seat in the Lords or become advisors to the Prime Minister.

steveL

I don't think there is any real doubt that 'the bankers' have escaped pretty much scot free after causing one of the worst crisis the country has ever experienced. The so called 'bonus tax' was cynically side-stepped by a combination of switching cash payments for share equities and by delaying payment until the end of the tax year when the bonus tax was applied. At every junction, the Tories have been there defending the remuneration packages of the bankers in so-called fear that they may relocate themselves elsewhere.

The phrase' we are all in this together' rings blatantly untrue on any measure of bankers remuneration and even on the remuneration packages of Senior Company Executives who saw a 27% increase in earnings last year.

This is England in the 21st Century. A few centuries ago, actions such as participated in by the bankers would have been called treason being so detrimental to the state as they were.

We are so clearly NOT 'all in this together'. The majority of us are just' in it as we carry the can for those 'above us.'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

WhatTheHeck

I was referring to Scargills more recent events....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/arthur-scargill-ordered-to-pay-rent-as-he-loses-fight-to-have-union-pay-for-london-flat-for-life-8428774.html

Must be great to have a mortgage paid for a house in Yorkshire then expect to have a rent free flat in London for life !

No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Hartlepudlion

May I point out to mk1 that the quote you attributed to me re the UDM leader was jailed WAS NOT made by me. Thank you.

Re the bailout of the banks. Have any of you thought of what could/would have happened if the banks hadn't been bailed out. Everyone with a private pension, savings, insurances and a current bank account could have lost the lot. No banks, no £85000 guarantee as there would be no banks to pay and the Government wouldn't have had the resources to pick up the tab. Equitable Life would have been a gnats bite compared to this. The Government, Labour don't forget, really had no choice.

Having said that, the banks and bankers have been let off more lightly than any of us thought that they would. We can't turn to more ethical banking, just look what Labour cronyism did to the Co-op bank! We are between the a Devil and the deep blue sea.

mk1

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on December 29, 2013, 04: PM

. Have any of you thought of what could/would have happened if the banks hadn't been bailed out. Everyone with a private pension, savings, insurances and a current bank account could have lost the lot. No banks, no £85000 guarantee as there would be no banks to pay and the Government wouldn't have had the resources to pick up the tab. Equitable Life would have been a gnats bite compared to this. The Government, Labour don't forget, really had no choice.

I consider that the cap-doffing 'good on yer guv. I knows you will always do the right thing' view. In short too big to fail and a licence to do whatever you want without fear of retribution or justice.

The Government (blue/red/yellow) could do lots of things. They could put some of the bas*tards in jail for starters.