The SCABs & Wells try to save Hart Ward for Labour.............

Started by mk1, October 05, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Well, if i'm wrong the thumbs downs will flood in... if i'm right... the thumbs ups will pile in over the next day or so. (see comments)

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/gypsy-sites-set-to-be-scrapped-1-6116732

rabbit

I don`t think you are wrong, D.R.

I believe that scrapping the Local Plan just illustrates the lack of wise judgement by the council.

The main reason for scrapping the plan (to me anyway) is to circumnavigate round the Gypsy site problem.

It is daft to "throw the baby out with the bathwater".

It would seem wiser for the council to edit the Local Plan rather than set fire to it.

clav 73

from Chris pipe Good Afternoon Keith,

The Planning Inspector has sent us a letter (attached), which in essence says that the plan is sound subject to modifications.

Whilst the sentence states:
'As I said in my letter of the
18 February 2013, whilst I am satisfied that the Council has complied with the duty to co-operate, I consider that there are a number of areas where the Local Plan as submitted is not sound.  The Council asked me to recommend modifications to address issues of unsoundness.  I am now in a position to do this.'
It should be acknowledged that these terms reflect the legislative requirements for the examination and this is a positive statement rather than negative one.

This is a public document which will be uploaded on the HBC website

Chris Pipe
Planning Services Manager

I wonder what parts are not sound

#Worried

Letter from Mr Ward regarding the Local Plan.

In a word, I've got modifications.....do you still want them?

What do you suppose their response will be????  :-[

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/downloads/file/10423/inspectors_letter-local_plan_way_forward_and_modifications_letter-october_2013

Sanddancer

I doubt whether we'll ever see Mr Wards findings. The plan has been deliberately dumped so that the council can cover their obvious failings.

marky