town centre vision

Started by craig finton, January 29, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

just been looking at the vision pics on the main page. Can someone explain the one of the town centre? Took a while to get my bearings but that enormous building seems to be built slap bang on top of the Wesley?

kevplumb

mail office (as was) middle right
Wilkos middle centre
Wesley's behind the mail office (if I'm looking from the right angle)  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

This from May 2014

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/london-firm-to-make-big-investment-into-new-look-hartlepool-retail-park-1-6625482

The major development is expected to start this autumn (2014)and be completed early next year (2015)

How did that work out?

craig finton

no that view of the mail office is the front view - Wesley has definitely been flattened in the picture.

steveL

Looks to me like the new building is sitting where the current CoArt is. You can see Binns clock tower behind it as a reference point.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

All these vision pics have been made by using a real  photo of the area and then 'drawing in' any new builds/people/vehicles on top of it. As such the perspective is correct.

fred c

Whoever came u with the town centre illustration must have a fantastic if warped imagination, why the stairway to heaven, all it is, is a set of stairs going up & another set going down..... Why ?

He has also pictured a rather large motor cruisers on a flat bed artic..... obviously taking it from the factory at Graythorp to its new home in the Marina.

Only In Hartlepool  :( :( :(

mk1

It is the proposed pedestrian bridge into Middleton Grange from the east side of Stockton Street. Something to be welcomed if one ever gets built. The drawing is a 'concept' rather than a blueprint and you can see a large building  has been plonked over the old Clansman pub. The  road to Teesside has been shifted further into the College grounds and appears to have nothing to seperate  car from pedestrian. In no way is it a 'plan'.

The very first 'Vision' for Hartlepool was the Max Lock plan from the late 1940s and it had the multi-storey car park built over Stockton Street. So though we are 75 years later they still have not been able to get safe pedestrian access to the east side of the town-Far more important to pander to the the motorist  and bugger the pedestrians.

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1The very first 'Vision' for Hartlepool was the Max Lock plan from the late 1940s

and if memory serves that was the basis of the shopping centre design before it was built
obsolete before the concrete was set
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Think I've sussed it. The arched bridge leads into the shopping centre through the upper floor of Wilkies and the 'new' building is a revamp of the Clansman. The old college of art, which they've now decided to re-use, appears to have been sacrificed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

What we need is someone with the vision to buy a tin of paint for the Wingfield Castle.