Essential Work.

Started by seaton, April 21, 2020, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

What is classed as essential work, today the window cleaner was doing windows on the estate, a company were cleaning and sanding block paving at a neighbours house and a garden services company was attending to peoples gardens. A cable company were installing new cables and no way were they sticking to the 2 metre rule.
What annoys me is the Police were sending people home for going out to buy a pot of paint the other week, yes people have to earn a crust but there doesn't appear to be a level playing field. Before anyone comments I would not be calling the Police to inform of the goings on.

The Great Dictator

You have to understand Seaton that self employed people like me will continue to work regardless because we get no financial assistance and may subsequently starve to death  :-\

seaton

I can't disagree I think thee are loads of work which is non essential that can be done during the lockdown providing people abide by the rules.

diSme

Good for you for not being a 'busybody'! I would never myself be a proponent for 'grassing', which is essentially what phoning the police would amount to.

I think that we are in unprecedented times, and everyone has their own interpretation of what the guidelines mean, so it is a difficult time, as clearly not everyone is on the same page. Even the police themselves seem to be having issues interpreting what they should/shouldn't be enforcing.

Another factor is that different people are approaching this pandemic with different levels of concern, rightly or wrongly. What these people who are not quite so concerned need to be considering are others.

As an example, I personally am not even remotely concerned about my own wellbeing, however I fully respect those that have more reason to be concerned, and as such, I am fully respecting the guidelines in every way.

I do not wish to be the guy that passes on infection to someone more vulnerable than myself.

This is a mindset that some people would do well to take on board.
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on April 21, 2020, 09: PM
Good for you for not being a 'busybody'! I would never myself be a proponent for 'grassing', which is essentially what phoning the police would amount to.

Moronic Odd archaic approach - makes me wonder if you have had "dealing" with the police. If your car gets stolen or your kids abducted would you call the police? Is that "grassing"? Have a word with yourself and grow up.

Quotefully respect those that have more reason to be concerned, and as such, I am fully respecting the guidelines in every way.

I do not wish to be the guy that passes on infection to someone more vulnerable than myself.

This is a mindset that some people would do well to take on board.

Completely agree

.....consequently with two elderly parents I have to shop for...having followed rules.....not seen grand kids for over 4 weeks....having NO income whatever as my company falls through holes in so called safety net...if I see

Someone hold a BBQ with multiple cars arriving and people gathering in a garden....
Somebody heading off 5 or 6 times a day in a pick up then returning with DIY gear.....
Etc

I have no issues with using that site.

...and have done

and I don't give a rats ar** about being accused of being a grass etc the rules may be somewhat ambiguous but driving round town basically because you are bored..puts others a risk.....if you have an accident emergency services etc. People in shops you visit when there is no real need.

It is especially put into focus when friends who work in NHS ended up in bed with c19 for 3 weeks and morons who just don't get how dangerous it is cannot or will not follow basic rules, many because in a normal world they struggle with rules and authority. Like drunk drivers, drug users, fly tippers etc.

So yea if you see someone not playing the game report it....if nothing else it allows a history to be built up to perhaps be referred to if/when someone insists in putting others at risk.

If your next door neighbour was a p**s artist climbing into car and driving off several times a day to wander round shops would you report that.

Let me guess....

"Thats different....."

No it is not.... under both circumstances the consequences are somebody could die- who should not have been put at risk by selfish actions of others....

Quote from: seaton on April 21, 2020, 06: PM
Before anyone comments I would not be calling the Police to inform of the goings on.

As above - I have and will continue to do so- not regarding businesses but social gatherings etc- Wait until someone close gets the virus then tell me its "grassing"
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: Topcat on April 22, 2020, 08: AM
https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/can-window-cleaners-gardeners-work-lockdown-coronavirus-uk-12479045/

Personally ( and the same with the government it would seem)I have no issue with this type of work- I cant work because my business involves some offshore work and overseas travel.

I DO have an issue with morons who cant understand that congregating in family group after driving miles puts others, including me at risk of dying from a virus.

I don't care who they are I will log in and report them.....nowt else to do after all!

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 22, 2020, 06: AM
Quote from: diSme on April 21, 2020, 09: PM

Moronic Odd archaic approach - makes me wonder if you have had "dealing" with the police. If your car gets stolen or your kids abducted would you call the police? Is that "grassing"? Have a word with yourself and grow up.

Yes, it is my idea of grassing, and it's not how I prefer to operate.

I'm quite capable, and more comfortable with taking people to task directly myself when I see something I disagree with.

Judge me for that if you wish, that's fine by me.
You do things your way, I'll do things my way.

And as to whether or not I've had 'dealings' with the police is completely irrelevant, and I'm unsure as to why you are even bringing it up....?

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 22, 2020, 10: AM
Quote from: Topcat on April 22, 2020, 08: AM
https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/can-window-cleaners-gardeners-work-lockdown-coronavirus-uk-12479045/

Personally ( and the same with the government it would seem)I have no issue with this type of work- I cant work because my business involves some offshore work and overseas travel.

I DO have an issue with morons who cant understand that congregating in family group after driving miles puts others, including me at risk of dying from a virus.

I don't care who they are I will log in and report them.....nowt else to do after all!
I think there are many types of work similar to this that should be being allowed to continue so we may try and rescue as much of the economy as we can.

All that is required are some common sense steps taken to ensure that everyone involved is kept safe.

I'm hoping that there will be a gradual return to 'business as usual', with everybody being mindful and taking measures to stay safe.

People need to work, or we are all ultimately f**c***...

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on April 22, 2020, 12: PMAnd as to whether or not I've had 'dealings' with the police is completely irrelevant, and I'm unsure as to why you are even bringing it up....?

Because generally those that have will not help them in anyway.......but demand their help when it suits them.

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 22, 2020, 04: PM
Quote from: diSme on April 22, 2020, 12: PMAnd as to whether or not I've had 'dealings' with the police is completely irrelevant, and I'm unsure as to why you are even bringing it up....?

Because generally those that have will not help them in anyway.......but demand their help when it suits them.
Ah, I see.

Sorry, but you have the wrong guy, so you can stop wondering!!!

I have relatives in the force, and I fully support the police, and would comply with anything they needed to help do their job. I'm sure reading one or two of my previous postings would confirm that.

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on April 22, 2020, 12: PMso you can stop wondering!!!
I am not....
QuoteI have relatives in the force, and I fully support the police

So why the use of the term grassing?

If you found out someone was responsible for an assault would you share that information with your "relatives" in the police? Becoming a PI aka a "snout"?.....( yes I did a few years as a Plod and D)

Or would that be "grassing" - bet your relatives would be less than impressed by your logic and use of that term?

Watching too many police dramas I suspect..... ::) ::)

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 22, 2020, 05: PM
Quote from: diSme on April 22, 2020, 12: PMso you can stop wondering!!!
I am not....
QuoteI have relatives in the force, and I fully support the police

So why the use of the term grassing?

If you found out someone was responsible for an assault would you share that information with your "relatives" in the police? Becoming a PI aka a "snout"?.....( yes I did a few years as a Plod and D)

Or would that be "grassing" - bet your relatives would be less than impressed by your logic and use of that term?

Watching too many police dramas I suspect..... ::) ::)
I don't really care what my relatives,, or you,, or anyone else thinks about my outlook on 'grassing'. It is what it is, and it isn't changing for anyone but myself.

Regarding giving information about an assault? I can't answer that directly without knowing and being in the situation. It would depend on so many factors. The safety of my family being a major one.... But if I was asked to make a statement, I would. And I would provide every bit of information I had.

Inspector Knacker

The people referred to are the people who do what's best for them and couldn't give a monkeys toss for anyone else or others in general. They've done it all their lives and something like this will make no difference to their attitude whatsoever. They'.. have been leading the charge for toilet rolls from the outset and are just selfish I'm alright Jack clones.
As for reporting such activity, it's pointless as the system would be overwhelmed. I'm fascinated however how some have a peculiar system of deciding right from wrong on their own viewpoint.
I suspect the word 'snitching' was a creation ot the perpetrators of rule breaking for their own benefit....giving themselves an undeserved victimhood. Tosh of course.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.