Mike Hill makes contact!!!!!

Started by Inspector Knacker, November 30, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

It finally happened, sadly not in the way I anticipated. Like Gomez sharpening the spikes on top of his fence, I positively relished the encounter. Alas, he came though the letterbox in the form of an election leaflet, a very bland election leaflet at that.
A poor substitute for the real thing, but maybe the sight of the political equivalent of the Scarecrow off Wizard of Oz at your front door with his straw falling out is maybe not the best outcome for old Hickory.
Have Labour given up and decided S.S. Hartlepool Labour is a sinking ship and ordered Captain Hill to go down with the ship. No point in bringing in a bright young Labour hopeful with a degree in yoghurt knitting if the past is anything to go by.
Anyway, back to Mike's manifesto.

ONLY LABOUR WILL BRING ABOUT REAL CHANGE IN HARTLEPOOL it says in small letters.
And they will bring about real change ....  when they lose the seat! 60 years of Labour is time for a change.

Mike says......
Hartlepool can't afford another 5 years of a government that ignores the North.....
Sounds like every Labour Government we've ever had. What exactly have we had? Even the marina was courtesy of Old Mother Thatcher.
B
Mikes Three policies are......
NHS
Which can be compressed as....chunter , gibberish Tories, Trump, privatisation, chunter, chunter.
Pensioners
Chunter. Fuel poverty, Xmas parents or heating, free TV licence, chunter, chunter.
Only Labour will protect Hartlepool
I won't even bother with this nonsense as the protection isn't exactly inspiring if past history is anything to go by. We've lost so much in this town over the past ten years and the protection we got was more look the other way, no thanks.

We were the given a 'I'm backing Mike' piece, but when it's by a Labour Councillor singing his praises describing all his opponents as an 'elitist ideology', you can't take it seriously.
He then gives a list of pledges...oh dear, straight off jeremy's hand cranked printing press, just not worth the effort reading.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Does anyone else wonder whether Mr Hill was the inspiration for Father Stone in the 'Father Ted' series?

mk1

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm a bit baffled as to how this relates to Mike Hill's election campaign.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 30, 2019, 07: PM
Does anyone else wonder whether Mr Hill was the inspiration for Father Stone in the 'Father Ted' series?
I see him more as Henry V in his pre Agincourt speech.

We few, we very wary few, we band of brothers....and sisters.
For he...or she.... and whoever votes for me today,
shall be be my my brother ...ah, no...my companion.
I fear this day will upset my career,
and those in Hartlepool now a bed,
shall think themselves accursed they did not vote for me
and hold their ...er , personhoods cheap for voting Brexit,
Instead of us, on St Corbyns Day

mk1

Its a counter to the Daily Mail/Sun view of Labour that seems to be the norm here. The current Private Eye has a spoof collection of idiotic headlines about Corbyn /Labour and at first glance you could be mistaken for thinking it was as screen grab from this site.
If you want a Hill link I saw him being filmed outside the Labour Office about 12:30 this afternoonand saw him in ASDAS during the week. Have not seen the Brexit bloke anywhere in the town except on the telly when there is a camera on him.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 30, 2019, 08: PM
I'm a bit baffled as to how this relates to Mike Hill's election campaign.
It doesn't.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 30, 2019, 08: PM
Its a counter to the Daily Mail/Sun view of Labour that seems to be the norm here. The current Private Eye has a spoof collection of idiotic headlines about Corbyn /Labour and at first glance you could be mistaken for thinking it was as screen grab from this site.
If you want a Hill link I saw him being filmed outside the Labour Office about 12:30 this afternoon.
Sun/ Daily Mail ? Do me favour, I know you love to categorise people by crude markers but that particular horny old description is so dated it's embarrassing.
If you want a Hill link, good for you, but listening to him waffle is hardly a winner.
You appear over the past few weeks to have become very protective towards Jeremy,  so I assume you'll be voting for Mike and not mingling with the illiterate plebs.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 30, 2019, 09: PM
not mingling with the illiterate plebs.............

I knew someone here would give me hook to hang this on:

https://youtu.be/mGr3qbOPHoE?t=9

Inspector Knacker

Not really. I don't bother looking at your lazy you tube stuff.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 30, 2019, 08: PM

i see him more as yoric in hamlet  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 30, 2019, 09: PM
Not really. I don't bother looking at your lazy you tube stuff.

Brilliant- I guess we will never get anything positive about anything from our resident expert about all things but I guess he is a closet Corbynator? I suppose there must be at least once person here who will vote labour  ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: kevplumb on November 30, 2019, 09: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 30, 2019, 08: PM

i see him more as yoric in hamlet  ;D

But we didn't know him so well ...

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 30, 2019, 08: PM
If you want a Hill link I saw him being filmed outside the Labour Office about 12:30 this afternoonand saw him in ASDAS during the week. Have not seen the Brexit bloke anywhere in the town except on the telly when there is a camera on him.
Come off it, if you saw the 'Brexit' bloke you'd dig a hole and hide in it till he'd gone so you couldn't be contaminated by being in his presence. You saw Hickory in Asda, even he has to eat, although by the look of him not much. As for him being filmed outside the Labour Office, I bet there's CCTV footage of the overnight security camera in a cotton wool warehouse with a more inspirational message.

fred c

If voters had to commit their support to Mike Hill or Richard Tice and all they had to go on was their television interviews it would be a landslide for Tice.

There are of course much more important issues to consider when voting in a GE, but now that social media plays such an 'important role' in the decision making of so many people, having a candidate who performs like Bumbling Bob in front of local and national television cameras isn't the ideal individual to represent the town in parliament, although an individual with those attributes is ideal if following the party whips is a consideration.