Last gasp of a dying Party.....

Started by mk1, November 17, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Two huge neon truck-adverts  blinding motorists and blighting York Road. One right next to the Burn Valley roundabout the other at Lister Street outside the old Les Paynes shop.  The party that was boasting it was going to replace Labour is now reduced to asking people to 'stop' Corbyn. Given the offending Party is languishing wll behind even the Liberals in the polls that seems to be a tacit admission they now see themselves as just vote-splitters  rather than a major player.
RIP  UKIP Part Deux!.

mk1

I hope Corbyn asks for some help from the Chinese and given Boris is a Russian asset what would be the problem with that? Perhaps the Chinese  could send this lot over to march up and down Church Street. It would certainly brighten the place up!

https://youtu.be/-cXXw4x58-4?t=282

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 03: PM
they now see themselves as just vote-splitters  rather than a major player.
RIP  UKIP Part Deux!.
Hey mki, as usual, buried deep inside some of your interminable mantras can be found the odd rare nugget of common sense. Vote-splitting is exactly where we are but can I ask you that if the road from Greatham is open today, would you like to come and join us canvassing for our next MP Richard Tice. So far the word on the doorstep is very, very positive. Of course some of it is people pinching their noses and voting BP just to do anything to stop the chlorinated chicken, comrade Corbyn get his tawdry, dangerous hands on any sort of power, and that seems to be the overwhelming motivation, but of course that's mixed with a fair degree of......"Cranney....are you serious?" plus a dollop of "A Tory for Hartlepool!......hard to see that" then there's...."Hill.....didn't even know he was our MP until he got suspended".  Roll on the 12th. Jobs and investment for Hartlepool.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 04: PM
I hope Corbyn asks for some help from the Chinese and given Boris is a Russian asset what would be the problem with that? Perhaps the Chinese  could send this lot over to march up and down Church Street. It would certainly brighten the place up!

It certainly would, MK1.  Gawd knows, it needs brightening up!  I'm just confused as to why the previous shower didn't invite them? 

akarjl2

Quote from: Hubris on November 18, 2019, 10: AM
Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 03: PM
they now see themselves as just vote-splitters  rather than a major player.
RIP  UKIP Part Deux!.
So far the word on the doorstep is very, very positive. Of course some of it is people pinching their noses and voting BP just to do anything to stop the chlorinated chicken, comrade Corbyn get his tawdry, dangerous hands on any sort of power, and that seems to be the overwhelming motivation, but of course that's mixed with a fair degree of......"Cranney....are you serious?" plus a dollop of "A Tory for Hartlepool!......hard to see that" then there's...."Hill.....didn't even know he was our MP until he got suspended".  Roll on the 12th. Jobs and investment for Hartlepool.

Probably a fair summary of the thoughts of many in Hartlepool.

So assuming Boris gets in and we Brexit asap....but out of shear frustration and lack of other viable options we end up with a Brexit party MP what EXACTLY will he be doing as a Brexit Party MP when we have Brexitted?

Bit like a Y2K party winning a seat in December 1999 and then sitting around wondering what do do in January 2000?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

The only alternative then is 'Dynamic Mike'....!!!!!!!! Surely not.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 18, 2019, 11: AM
Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 04: PM

It certainly would, MK1.  Gawd knows, it needs brightening up!  I'm just confused as to why the previous shower didn't invite them?
When the Chinese get 'invited' in they tend to stay and build a naval base. In Hartlepool's case how they're gonna fool us Hartlepool is in the South China Sea I haven't a clue!

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 18, 2019, 03: PM

= equivalent of voting for Monster Raving Loony party.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 18, 2019, 08: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 18, 2019, 03: PM

= equivalent of voting for Monster Raving Loony party.

DRiddle

What i find bizarre is the number of people who would NOT have voted for UKIP in a million years, but who are absolutely fully on board and happy to vote for the Brexit Party.

There are people who i've spoken to over the years about politics who sneer, shake their heads and contort their faces when you say 'UKIP', but then nod their heads and look thoughtfully when you say 'Brexit Party'.

It's like when people who stopped buying the News of the World because their journalists hacked the voice phones of murdered children, then those same people started buying the Sun on Sunday.

Inspector Knacker

We can safely assume you have it in your mind that you are dealing with Brexiteers and people in most cases have openly expressed how they will vote.
But despite their openness,  you reveal nothing of your voting intentions. Come on, don't be shy, if you want to berate people for their choice and convert them to your viewpoint why the secrecy from you?  Geese and ganders come to mind.

DRiddle

Again, there's those double standards. You WON'T reveal your reasons for voting for brexit, but you EXPECT me to willingly reveal my voting intentions at your request?