Well done Mr Riddle

Started by Devils advocate, January 09, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devils advocate

I would just like to say well done to Cllr Riddle.

Thank you from someone who knows what this condition is like.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-councillor-speaks-out-on-his-battle-with-bipolar-disorder-1-8946220

Lucy Lass-Tick

Not sure that the previous link worked, so here's another. Totally agree with Devils advocate - well said, David Riddle.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-councillor-speaks-out-on-his-battle-with-bipolar-disorder-1-8946220

fred c

I totally agree, mental health has and in some case still has a stigma attached to it.

Things have moved on and more and more people are finding the courage to open up to family, friends and workmates, thankfully peoples understanding and acceptance of such personal matters is now supportive.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Apparently the Blackhall Bard has already made an 'oh,the irony' comment.
What a horrible man he is !

kevplumb

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on January 09, 2018, 02: PM
Apparently the Blackhall Bard has already made an 'oh,the irony' comment.
What a horrible man he is !
what do you expect from an unemployable chip wrapper writer that has an IQ smaller than his boot size  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lucy Lass-Tick

Publicly discussing personal battles to highlight the importance of people getting the best help possible - that can't have been an easy thing to do. It shows tremendous courage - anyone who can't see that is surely missing something within themselves?

Inspector Knacker

The more the subject is aired in public and people discuss it the better.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Apparently repeating the first 3 words from his post.....'oh the irony' ....is misrepresenting what he said.

To quote the next few words of the same post....you couldn't make it up !

BresslawoffoftheBunker

David, you and I have had many differences in the past, but I'm right behind what you've done here.   Well done.

fred c

How sad is it that someone can actually lower any standards they may have had to the level of the gutter, simply to have a go at someone who has made a concious decision to open up about a very personal and difficult condition, is quite simply disgraceful.......

Obviously a very sad and damaged individual who is in urgent need of assistance from the mental health proffesion.

DRiddle

Just ignore him. He doesn't matter.

I did what I did for the right reasons. The response has been good and I'm glad I did it. Since talking about it, several people have approached me and disclosed their own issues and said they felt better for being able to open up and talk to me about it.

If nothing else at all comes of this, then that's something. Let's not make this thread about him.

Thanks for the words of support.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I would like to add my support to, rathe than just be a lurking reader.

In a civilised society, I don't think there is such thing as a stigma for anything you happen to be as opposed to choose to be.

I don't believe it.

Shepherd

A brave and honest subject to disclose, and so personal.

We need people with these characteristics as representatives.

As someone who recently moved to Hart Village I am please to be a constituent, you have my vote!

notenoughsaid

Please let me add my voice to the sensible comments above. I wish you the very best.   Some people need to  remember "There but for the grace etc." and consider themselves fortunate in life.              Regards NES>