Katie Off to a Flying Start

Started by steveL, December 22, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: dowager on February 19, 2018, 03: PM

You should all be ashamed for this. EVERYONE of you. There is NO excuse, NO excuse whatsoever, so don't even try and come back with one

Speaking for myself I would estimate my 'ashamed scale' would be roughly on par with those leeches who recently voted themselves a 30% Allowance increase- 0.00000000000000000000005%
Maybe a little higher than the caveman who likes to bellittle any woman who criticises him with sex-slurs.
Definitely higher than the rotund ar*se who lied about a relatives funeral so he could collect both wages and expenses for a Jolly with his other half.

I have other measures of 'shame' I can apply so do not hesitate to ask for elucidation if you have any lingering doubts as to my culpability.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: mk1 on February 19, 2018, 05: PM
Quote from: dowager on February 19, 2018, 03: PM

You should all be ashamed for this. EVERYONE of you. There is NO excuse, NO excuse whatsoever, so don't even try and come back with one

Speaking for myself I would estimate my 'ashamed scale' would be roughly on par with those leeches who recently voted themselves a 30% Allowance increase- 0.00000000000000000000005%
Maybe a little higher than the caveman who likes to bellittle any woman who criticises him with sex-slurs.
Definitely higher than the rotund ar*se who lied about a relatives funeral so he could collect both wages and expenses for a Jolly with his other half.

I have other measures of 'shame' I can apply so do not hesitate to ask for elucidation if you have any lingering doubts as to my culpability.

0.00000000000000000000005% is about as much of the full picture that Dowager can see with their blinkered view on local politics.

You are either part of the problem or the solution. So whose mast are your colours nailed to ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

[quote author=dowager link=topic=4437.msg47673#msg47673

No wonder people don't want to go into politics and serve their town, they are immediately labelled as 'self-servers' and puppets of those who are allegedly corrupt and self-serving.

[/quote]

As someone who has been vilified and abused on a number of occasions by senior labour councillors, I have had police officers knocking on my door at the behest of labour councillors, I have been spuriously accused of physical assault by a senior labour councillor.

I'm not alone amongst members of this forum in being targeted by labour councillors and their supporters, the forum itself has been subject to numerous cyber attacks from various sources all aimed at closing it down.

Why would they want that, look no further than the MRA scandal, or the Sacking of the then Mayor S Akers Belcher, or the denial by the current Mayor of being an MRA Trustee, when it was documented on his register of interest and the charity commisions website, or the disgusting sexual slurs by a senior labour councillor.

The 1 common denominator in the way labour in Hartlepool selects its candidates in the HCLP...... the problem lies with half a dozen or so labour councillors, the solution is in the hands of the other 13 unfortunately they don't have the balls to change things for the better.

The old adage of "If you lie down with dogs, you end up with fleas" comes to mind.

mariewilson

dowager - thank you, it is refreshing to see support here!

Inspector Knacker - I find it worrying that amongst all of the sexism, lies and discrimination on this thread you only seem concerned with my comment regarding more diversity in politics?

I would just like to refer to the title of this thread 'Katie off to a flying start', and urge people to follow her page on Facebook or contact her directly if you would like to find out what she is doing and what she has been up to since the start of her election. In my opinion, it is much more enriching to actually find out facts about people first-hand rather than believing judgemental hearsay. I understand everybody is entitled to an opinion, and I see how it can be therapeutic to express your thoughts and feelings on here - but spreading lies and name calling is never going to achieve anything positive, the world would be a much better place is everyone could spread kindess and support for one another.  :)

mk1

Quote from: mariewilson on February 19, 2018, 09: PM
d

I would just like to refer to the title of this thread 'Katie off to a flying start', and urge people to follow her page on Facebook or contact her directly if you would like to find out what she is doing and what she has been up to since the start of her election.
Perhaps you could help as you are already on her 'Friends' list.
Can you ask her what criticism she has raised about the way The SCABs run the Council and  how she hopes to change the system?
Can you also ask her if Shane's  assertion (that she did not realise she had been voted on to a Committee) is true?

mk1

Quote from: mariewilson on February 19, 2018, 09: PM
Inspector Knacker - I find it worrying that amongst all of the sexism, lies and discrimination on this thread you only seem concerned with my comment regarding more diversity in politics?

Talking of 'diversity' what is your reaction to the recent  revelation that Hartlepool has less female Councillors (as a %) than all the surrounding Councils?
What steps has Kate taken to address this issue with The Dear Leader?
Also what  would you think the best course of action would be   if a Councilor asked  if he had slept with you some time in the past?

kevplumb

Quote from: mariewilsonand urge people to follow her page on Facebook or contact her directly if you would like to find out what she is doing and what she has been up to since the start of her election.
writing labour propaganda as far as I could make out  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mariewilson

With regards the the so called "documents" Shane gave Katie to "hit the ground running" this scrap of paper is all he gave her after she was voted into the committee in question. She thanked him for the information relating to the date of the TVCA scrutiny committee and was well aware of the 4 committees she had been voted onto.

Katie contacted Shane regarding the so-called conversation around committees he denied saying any such thing and acknowledged that this conversation did not take place.

Also, she is already working on local initiatives to encourage more women into politics and is undergoing national training with the Labour Party on women in leadership roles.

mk1

Quote from: mariewilson on February 19, 2018, 11: PM
she is already working on local initiatives to encourage more women into politics and is undergoing national training with the Labour Party on women in leadership roles.

Errr.........does that mean no other member of local Labour has ever attended 'national training with the Labour Party on women in leadership roles' as clearly they have not got  the mix right in Hartlepool v surrounding Councils.

mk1

Also, she is already working on local initiatives to encourage more women into politics and is undergoing national training with the Labour Party on women in leadership roles.

Do any of her 'Workshops' explain the course of action to take when a man bullies a woman with disgusting sexual slurs.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-s-deputy-mayor-must-make-public-apology-for-sex-slur-1-7316919

How would Kate feel if she were working with such a predator?

Please feel to ignore the question if loyalty to the local party overides all other considerations.

fred c

If Ms Trueman is serious about being a leader in local politics will she call for the HCLP to hold an immediate investigation into the behaviour of former Mayor S Akers Belcher that led to his sacking for gross industrial misconduct as per Labour Party rules, or will she continue to work with him despite the fact he made spurious allegations about the care of vulnerable adults ?

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/mayor-was-sacked-for-attending-civic-event-after-telling-bosses-he-was-going-to-a-funeral-1-7202564

Inspector Knacker

[quote author=mariewilson link=topic=4437.msg47696#msg47696 date=1519076200

[/quote]

Oh I dare say you do, but your own version of diversity in politics I find equally disturbing. I like to see the bigger picture.
But you didn't answer the question my point raised.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

With regards the the so called "documents" Shane gave Katie to "hit the ground running" this scrap of paper is all he gave her after she was voted into the committee in question. She thanked him for the information relating to the date of the TVCA scrutiny committee and was well aware of the 4 committees she had been voted onto.

Katie contacted Shane regarding the so-called conversation around committees he denied saying any such thing and acknowledged that this conversation did not take place.

Why would someone hang on to a mere scrap of paper?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 20, 2018, 06: AM
Why would someone hang on to a mere scrap of paper?

Because it was the only thing she had that showed he what had happened and where and when she was supposed to be. In short without Shane telling her she would never have known about her appointments.

Inspector Knacker

If I was in similar circumstances I'd have thanked the person gor the info and put the daily into my records. I can only assume it was for 'future reference' or a sign  of poor organisation if scraps of paper are the 'data bank'.