Katie Off to a Flying Start

Started by steveL, December 22, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Sometimes, you're just not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Last Thursday's meeting saw a minor shuffle round on the appointments to committees and outside bodies after the two recent by-elections with the emphasis being on getting new girl Katie the Chav on a few committees. She's now on the Cleveland Police Crime Panel and the Tees Valley Scrutiny Committee.

Afterwards, Cllr Moore decided to hand over some paperwork to Katie in an effort to help her hit the ground running, so to speak.

"Why are you giving me these?" she asked.
"Well it will give you some of the background and give you a head start saying as you've just been voted onto the committee," says Moore.
"Have I? When did that happen?"
"Er...just now", says Moore.
"Oh. I must have missed that . . . "

The quotes won't be totally accurate but you get the gist. I'm told that Katie is 21 - if this is any indication then she's also set to be cannon fodder for the Owton/Foggy Furze Cabal.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose...

Inspector Knacker

I love the ironŷ of being on the 'scrutiny' committee.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Method in their madness, is to shove her on every committee that no-one else want to bother with, it will keep her busy and out of the way of the 'real politicians'..... :P

not4me

Quote from: steveL on December 22, 2017, 09: PM
Sometimes, you're just not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Last Thursday's meeting saw a minor shuffle round on the appointments to committees and outside bodies after the two recent by-elections with the emphasis being on getting new girl Katie the Chav on a few committees. She's now on the Cleveland Police Crime Panel and the Tees Valley Scrutiny Committee.

Afterwards, Cllr Moore decided to hand over some paperwork to Katie in an effort to help her hit the ground running, so to speak.

"Why are you giving me these?" she asked.
"Well it will give you some of the background and give you a head start saying as you've just been voted onto the committee," says Moore.

The quotes won't be totally accurate but you get the gist. I'm told that Katie is 21 - if this is any indication then she's also set to be cannon fodder for the Owton/Foggy Furze Cabal.

Oh impressive

I wonder what Ann Marshall thinks of the inexperienced Katie when making comparisons with her own vast experience as a councilor especially when you consider that Katie is now a Councillor and Ann Marshall well...........isn't  ::)

Inspector Knacker

El Supremo and the Brains Trust seem desperate to wedge her in somewhere, anywhere.

kevplumb

Quote from: steveL"Why are you giving me these?" she asked.
does not bode well a blonde bimbo!
i would think another non runner  ;D
or another performing seal
either way a dead loss :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Quote from: kevplumb on December 23, 2017, 07: PM
Quote from: steveL"Why are you giving me these?" she asked.
does not bode well a blonde bimbo!
i would think another non runner  ;D
or another performing seal
either way a dead loss :o
Welcome to my parlour said the spider to the fly

Inspector Knacker

Is there a special screening process that selects them on their 'Pyongyangability'?

mariewilson

I would like to know who the source was for the conversation that apparently took place? It seems that most of what has been written here is either inaccurate or incredibly offensive and petty. Using the word 'chav' to describe a young girl who is following her passion and taken a keep interest in politics, in a society where young people are generally indifferent to politics is a real shame. Also - I see her being referred to in the following terms: inexperienced, blonde bimbo, and not a 'real politician'. Firstly, as far as I'm aware, anybody that has been elected for the first time is always going to be a little 'inexperienced'. I am not going to go too much into the 'blonde bimbo' insult - as I do believe it will have stemmed from either a bitter jealousy, or from somebody who likes to bully and belittle people - which is something I do not wish to associate myself with, and how many 'bimbos' do you know with a Master's degree? And lastly, the 'real politician' comment - I think the only way we are going to make a difference in this town is to support young people who do wish to be 'real politicians' and, particularly, those who have not come from a privileged background. If somebody is making an effort to make a real positive change, and all you can do is slander, insult and try and bring that person down by sitting behind a keyboard is extremely cowardly. Shame on you. I would advise that you ask yourself what positive change you are making while you are being so negative about a young aspiring politician. And for the record, she is 27 - not 21. 

dowager

WELL SAID Marie

I like a lot about these pages of discussion, but the dismissal and dissing of young Katie from grown men who should know better and who wouldn't call their daughters or grand-daughters of that same age is shameful.

No wonder people don't want to go into politics and serve their town, they are immediately labelled as 'self-servers' and puppets of those who are allegedly corrupt and self-serving.

'KatieTheChav' from Latimer is disgraceful when she is the young face of the empowerment of women by Labour under Jeremy Corbyn.

'Blonde Bimbo' from KevPlumb is pathetic and shows an awful attitude to those endeavouring to represent young people in politics and who wants to do right for the people of the town.

You should all be ashamed for this. EVERYONE of you. There is NO excuse, NO excuse whatsoever, so don't even try and come back with one

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: dowager on February 19, 2018, 03: PM
WELL SAID Marie

I like a lot about these pages of discussion, but the dismissal and dissing of young Katie from grown men who should know better and who wouldn't call their daughters or grand-daughters of that same age is shameful.

No wonder people don't want to go into politics and serve their town, they are immediately labelled as 'self-servers' and puppets of those who are allegedly corrupt and self-serving.

'KatieTheChav' from Latimer is disgraceful when she is the young face of the empowerment of women by Labour under Jeremy Corbyn.

'Blonde Bimbo' from KevPlumb is pathetic and shows an awful attitude to those endeavouring to represent young people in politics and who wants to do right for the people of the town.

You should all be ashamed for this. EVERYONE of you. There is NO excuse, NO excuse whatsoever, so don't even try and come back with one

Two wrongs don't make a right, HCLP being the other wrong.

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mariewilson on February 19, 2018, 12: PM
And lastly, the 'real politician' comment - I think the only way we are going to make a difference in this town is to support young people who do wish to be 'real politicians' and, particularly, those who have not come from a privileged background.
You appear to have your own prejudices when it comes to the backgrounds of prospective young politicians. Sadly you appear to me to accept it as quite normal.
I would expect all to be given the opportunity, not just sections that meet with your approval.

Inspector Knacker

'EVERYONE of you'. Really? I think you should re-examine that comment.

mk1

Give an example of a Labour Candidate who did not go on to blindly follow the Party Whip in Chamber.

Quote from: mariewilson on February 19, 2018, 12: PM
I think the only way we are going to make a difference in this town is to support young people who do wish to be 'real politicians' and, particularly, those who have not come from a privileged background.

Do  you believe there is a problem with corrupt self-serving Labour Councillors?
The answer is so obvious I will now ask you what the new young Councillor intends to do about the corruption.
For instance will she blindly and automatically support ever action of the Dear Leader?
Will she utter any criticism of Labour actions and  has she yet  made any suggestions for improving things?
Given she appears to be an avid Facebook 'liker' of the SCABs I think I already know the answers to my own questions.

Is Mammy Belcher from a 'privileged background' and will Kate be supportive of Daddy Belcher when he gets his safe Ward?

I think the biggest con was the Corbynites  boasting they were going to take over the Local Labour Party and de-select the SCAB Cabal. They were openly telling everyone that was their aim after the GE and they have  failed miserably. The same people who said they were going to change things now spend their days ghost-writing the good Doctors Facebook Page or defending The Scabs on The Mail page in the hope they  might (if they prostrate themselves enough) get a Council seat. Some hope. The SCABs may be dumb but they have outsmarted the new intake at every turn.  Look at the fate  out of town troublemaker. He ran the local Black Ops for Labour but as soon as he asked when the were going to deliver the putsch they simply no-platformed him and cast him into the wilderness.