Furniture Project Contract

Started by steveL, September 28, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

It would be a brave man who chose to start a sweep on who gets the contract.  ;)

HARTLEPOOL Council is looking for a community or voluntary sector organisation to run a scheme to give local people easier access to affordable furniture and other household items.

The idea to launch a scheme came from a scrutiny investigation into child poverty and financial inclusion which highlighted the potential benefits of a scheme which would make it easier for families - particularly those receiving benefits - to acquire furniture and 'white goods' such as kitchen electrical equipment.

The scheme should, as a minimum, have two key elements:

* Provide credit to people at reasonable rates to enable them to buy household items, and

* Offer new and good quality re-used 'white goods', furniture and other furnishings at affordable prices.

The scheme will be awarded as a single contract to an organisation which can deliver both elements, either directly or by sub-contracting.

Any organisations interested in the possibility of providing the service are asked to submit an expression of initial interest to the Council by 12 noon on Wednesday 10th October via e-mail to gemma.day@hartlepool.gov.uk

Gemma Day, the Council's Principal Regeneration Officer, said: "Due to the economic climate, vulnerable households are increasingly being denied credit and they find themselves pushed towards non-mainstream credit providers who charge punitive rates.

"This scheme will help provide fairer, more affordable credit to enable them to afford essential household items and help lift them out of the spiral of debt."

For more information please contact Gemma Day on 01429 523598
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I can`t get my head round this one at all, i thought the £50,000 was for a 2 year managerial contract, if so there must already be a project in operation now, if so, who is presently managing it ?

There is a white goods/furniture project currently running if memory serves.

Maybe JB can pop into the forum & enlighten us on the "Project"...... I feel sure the £50,000 could have been spent in a more benificial way for the town as a whole.

steveL

As I understand it, Marjorie James used to work for OFCA but the money dried up because of the funding cuts.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

You need to have the image sitting on a server somewhere. So on the url you quoted, you would right-click on the image and select 'Save As' to save the image to your own PC. You then upload this image to a server somewhere. I think you can use flicker for this.

If you sign up as a columist on HTH you get access to the site editor which, among other things, allows you to upload images to the HTH server which you can then link to on this forum.

steveL

Yes, you just use a user name like Black Cat does although HTH needs your real name .

rabbit

not4me

I hope there's no nuts in it - health and safety etc

rabbit