Mr Corbyn and Friends

Started by steveL, June 21, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on June 21, 2017, 11: PM

It reminds us all how much we miss Geoffrey Howe and his epithet of 'it's like being savaged by an angry sheep'
Stay strong MKL, keep enthralling us, keep entertaining us.

It was Healey who said it and it was a  'dead' sheep not an 'angry' one. More  telling it was Howe who started the ball rolling that lead to the coup that kicked Maggie out.  Well done that sheep!

May is in charge for some years to come, Corbin isn't.

I do not know how anyone could even begin to believe that.

May got a majority, Corbin didn't.

Incorrect again.  May did  not get a majority. She got the most seats. That is not the same thing,.

Attention to detail not your strong  point is it?

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on June 21, 2017, 11: PM
Attention to detail not your strong  point is it?
No, you are spot-on. Detail for the sake of it isn't me.
Haven't got the time or inclination to ensure (usually irrelevant) need for 100% accuracy. I'm not so analy retentive or so OCD to worry overmuch about all the minutiae and accuracy of stuff when the broad thrust of things is what's more important.
You really should look more at the bigger picture.
And for now, why not try and forget about Corbin's failure, and divert your perverse world view into doing something more effective to implement a much needed change closer to home. How can this town rid itself of the stigma and impact of suffering from being under the thrall of such a dysfunctional and self-serving set of councillors and supine officials? Give us your top 3 ideas of how you would expose all the voters in the town to the reality that they are being had. Here's my starter - What about a pamphlet being created and delivered to EVERY household in the town that details (for example) the - failures, the waste, the lies, the diversion of CT money into personal projects, the total vacuum/absence of Nolan principles, the sell-off at a loss of our town assets, vanity projects, lack of meaningful scrutiny of CICs, rampant planning abuse, houses we don't need, pot-holed roads, 3rd highest CT in the country, NO new, real, jobs being created, convenient lack of a town plan, jealous/vindictive parking charges, hypocritical snouts in the Tees Valley trough, endemic nepotism / jobs for the wives/nephews/sons , restrictions on questions in council, jailed/failed councillors, mates who default on CT, Tories voting 100% with the Deary Me Leader just to get a sniff of lucrative seats on committees, etc.

Let's name the good guys, expose the bad'uns. Just tell the truth. State the facts. Surely there's enough stuff already in the public domain to fill a double-sided A4, hard-hitting, truthful, accurate leaflet that would expose things that 90/% of the town have no idea of, and just might influence their thinking come next elections.

Costs? If every one of us keyboard warriors of HPost were to get off our arses a bit more and actually try and DO something beyond the relatively pointless and ineffective ping-pong of posting and donate just £10 each, there would be enough to fund the printing/delivery of such a document.
- Admin....could you set up an HP account that people can make a contribute to? A sort of fighting fund to 'Save Hartlepool'
- SteveL, your eloquence, your savvy, would make you the right guy to be my proposal to pull together said pamphlet.
- Posters.... flood the site with your ideas for content. Show your willingness  to make a contribution. Volunteer for delivery duties.
- it's fine to try and vote out useless incumbents, but that necessitates there being a pool of prospective replacements. Are you up for it yourself? Do you know someone who would be a good candidate? Do you know someone with a passion for the town who might be prepared to stand?

Over to all of you concerned people out there. Hartlepool deserves better! Let's DO something, not just waffle-on to each other about it all.

fred c

Several years ago a few users of The Post contributed to a leaflet drop that focused on the circumstances surrounding the demise of hospital services, from memory it was £50 and 4 or 5 hours of the individuals time, about half a dozen wards were targeted and it proved to be very effective.

I'm wonder if Admin still have a copy of the leaflet it would be kind of nice to see it Re-Posted here ?.....I feel sure  SteveL will have a clearer picture of the exercise and how it was organised.

Devils advocate

Quote from: mk1 on June 21, 2017, 10: PM
Quote from: Devils advocate on June 21, 2017, 10: PM
You like to call people fruitcakes but imo there is only one fruitcake here and they use links from Wikipedia, YouTube and even the daily mail. Go figure.

Sleep tight fruitcake mwah.
I would hate  for the impression to be given that I  unintentionally insult members her. All I can say that such opinion is wide of the mark. I never set out to accidentally insult because I spend a great deal of  effort ensuring I find a suitable insult.  From  past experience I find 'fruitcake' & 'Looney'  really get under the skin. Nothing obscene or threatening but it seems to have the  power of Garlic when applied to the Vampire Brexitears.
Myself well I can endure no end of name calling. I could not give a toss what epithet is used against me because it simply will have no effect.

I know what your intentions are but i will save that for another day.

The airport beckons. Formula 1 weekend takes presidence over your loony attitude.

Have fun sweet cheeks

marky

Coryn's next gig is Glastonbury

Heknocks68

Quote from: mk1 on June 21, 2017, 04: PM
Quote from: Topcat on June 21, 2017, 04: PM
See it's not even sport,every time you put your hook in the water you get a bite.

A bit like baiting the Corbyn hates by reminding them how wrong they were and showing the  practical results from  May's catastrophic miscalculation of the mood of the voters.

This election result is also a hard and very well deserved kick in the face for the Mail, Sun and other toxic reactionary propaganda rags. The outcome has seen them lose much of their power. Social media and people power has finally usurped the oppressive, deeply malign influence of Murdoch, Dacre and the Barclay brothers and the unadulterated crap that fills their titles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/phil-jones/labour-general-election_b_17033380.html

You know the tide has changed when The Daily Mail is openly pushing for a soft Brexit and  Katy Hopkins starts talking sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4618550/KATIE-HOPKINS-Britain-boiling-point-need-step-brink.html

Please troll me again so I have another excuse  to get the message across
How do you quantify the different age groups from what is supposedly a private, confidential or annonymous ,call it what you will, vote? I dont recall being asked my age at the polling station. It brings to mind a phrase from long ago, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

mk1

Quote from: Heknocks68 on June 22, 2017, 01: PM

How do you quantify the different age groups from what is supposedly a private, confidential or annonymous ,call it what you will, vote? I dont recall being asked my age at the polling station. It brings to mind a phrase from long ago, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

I guess you don't like the message so want to shoot the messenger?
I find that 99% of the people who whinge about 'lies. dammed lies and statistics' really mean 'I love it when polls show 'my' side in the majority but any other result is obviously falsified'.

All the surveys confirm the basic facts. The older and less formally educated you are the more likely you are to vote Tory and be a Brexitear.

Try the Financial Times graph

Inspector Knacker

They did boost Labour, but they didn't fully ignite.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 22, 2017, 01: PM

Tory      13,635,584   42.3%   
Labour  12,874,985     40.0%

I would say it was very close.  760,599 vote close.
Claims Labour are a spent/wasting  force are absurd.

Inspector Knacker

I never said they were, in fact I said on this board they'll likely retain the town when everyone and his lap dog said they wouldn't. But, they fell short of the mark nationally and the records only record the maths of the campaign.
They didn't come near to winning on this occasion, game over, new game starts.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Shepherd

The numbers are very telling: -

Conservative vote up by 1.5 million from 2015
Labour vote up by 3.5 million from 2015

This despite a rabid media campaign in the run up to the election proceeded by two years of one way invective by the frothing editors of the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Express.

It was obvious with a week to go that May had blown it and I think I said so on here when I predicted a hung parliament.

May's position is twixed the devil and the deep blue sea and she will not last, but who would want to take over from her and deal with the sh1t storm her poor judgement has resulted in, its a poison chalice.

Demographics is interesting too, birthrate in the UK is circa 700,000 per year, death rates 600,000.

Given the table showing the breakdown of voting preferences by age (survey size, 52,000+ replied) its pretty clear that the Tory vote is literally dying while new voters are coming into the voting pool every year, and are heavily favouring Labour. It does not matter what reason they favour Labour, its their vote, so referencing they are hoodwinked in the believing lies etc is no argument at all. The government was judged on its record and its record is poor and detrimental for everyone earning below £200,000 a year. Zero hours, tiny pay rises, cost going up, and the threat of more to come. The biggest vote loser of them all, Hard Brexit which is now dead in the water, like Mrs Mays political career.

There are politicians in several parties I like and others I despise. I am not tribal. One who I really do dislike is Diane Abbot, so many failings as a politician and Shadow Home Secretary its untrue, but on the other hand when May was Home Secretary 122 files of suspected paedophiles from "the estblishment" vanished. What is the greater crime, getting your maths wrong or protecting Jimmy Saville imitators. Both are equally contemptable.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on June 22, 2017, 02: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on June 22, 2017, 01: PM

Tory      13,635,584   42.3%   
Labour  12,874,985     40.0%

I would say it was very close.  760,599 vote close.
Claims Labour are a spent/wasting  force are absurd.

But those numbers count for absolutely nothing...nada....nichts....rien.  Not sure you realise that, but just in case you don't......

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: Shepherd on June 22, 2017, 05: PM
It does not matter what reason they favour Labour, its their vote, so referencing they are hoodwinked in the believing lies etc is no argument at all.

Strange that, as Remainers dismiss Leavers' opinions for precisely the same reason.  Guess the Left make the rules up as they go along as well as their manifestos.

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on June 22, 2017, 07: PM

Strange that, as Remainers dismiss Leavers' opinions for precisely the same reason.  Guess the Left make the rules up as they go along as well as their manifestos.

I believe the intent was to explain to the ding-bats that the hysterical over-the-top claims about Corbyn being being  a serving member of the IRA who personally beheaded a captured soldier whilst he was on Hajj to Mecca did not work. There is a difference between disparaging your opponent and spending 2 years  printing the most foul and disgusting lies.

It backfired big style and Corbyn gained millions of votes despite the best efforts of Murdoch and The Barclay Brothers.
All hail Rupert and his stunningly effective campaign to destroy Corby or as we say in the vernacular eat sh*t you fu*kers!

ReturntoZenda

Can't believe there's nowt on youtube to help you....... :o