for info

Started by danny_boy, September 12, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny_boy

It looks like the site will come close to 50,000 visitors this month. While this is good news, it's also causing a few problems with our server and you may have found yourself having trouble getting on the site lately. This is down to the high number of visitors the site is receiving but I thought I would mention it because I know some have been wondering if the site was coming under attack again. Obviously longer term we will have to have a think about what we are going to do about this but in the meantime please be patient if you have trouble getting on.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Cheers Danny...it's good to know that it's our popularity that's causing any glitches this time... :)

testing times

mm....this happened to me a couple of times and I did wonder if you lot had been upsetting anyone else lately  ;D

mk1

It happened to me 80% of the times I tried to log in last week.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on September 12, 2012, 07: PM
It happened to me 80% of the times I tried to log in last week.

Noticed the problem on Saturday evening (8th) - initially there was no access, then just the forum came live without the front page - has seemed OK since then, however...

christine blakey

Yes this is bad though patience does stem it!  and good to see that people can expose anything that is going wrong in our town with the aim of making it right.

I am pleased the numbers are rising and must say that the site is so much better these days.  Members are composing themselves much more professionally. 

I hope that this simply continues alongside the numbers, but that rude words diminish too!  Do we really need it?

Wouldn't it be better if people can cut and paste anything from this site to be used anywhere, without having to sort out the swear words?