Hospital Announcement: A sign of things to come

Started by brassed off monkey, September 09, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

This reads to me that the Government review has come out to be less than enthusiastic.

Look at it from the Trust's point of view. If the chance was there to make a simple announcement that the new hospital was finally going ahead with full Government approval and with the necessary finance in place then they would be shouting it from the roof tops complete with trumpeted fanfare. This is a long way from that.

Instead, we have been given another series of 'ifs, buts and whens' with the hoped-for completion date put back from the original 2014 by another three years. That's three years more to transfer even more services to North Tees, with the passive and complicit support of HBC, which will make Hartlepool Hospital even less viable.

In three years time, costs will have increased considerably which is likely to lead to the financing having to be looked at yet again and what exactly do they mean by 'starting the procurement process'? A procurement process to me means you begin to sign contracts for services and materials; here it seems to mean 'we're going to have a look at how much everything costs and then at the end of it, see if we can afford it.'

I've long since had the same feeling about this - that the end result will simply be the closure of Hartlepool Hospital and the refurbishment of North Tees with the closure of the former and the subsequent land sale intended to help pay for the latter.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

The statements made are the usual platitudes and gobbledygook.

They`ve effectively kicked the ball about in the long grass. They are not even on the fairway yet, let alone the green.

In case you ask, I am not a golfer!

notenoughsaid

Following the appointment of Jeremy HUNT as new Health Minister the Mail on Sunday have started an E-Mail poll to protest against the closure of several A and E depts.throughout the country and has highlighted Hartlepool in its articles on the matter.   For anybody wanting to register their protest all you have to do is E_mail casualty@mailonsunday.co.uk and give your name, first line of your address and post code.  The protest will then be forwarded to the Minister in due course.   If enough people respond perhaps the matter might be looked at again.   Lets hope.!!!!!!

marky

To me, the NHS is one of the most civilising achievements of our nation. It seems to have been hijacked and diverted from its original aims and is now being reconfigured to meet the needs, not of the people, but of the men in suits and prima donna consultants with accessability being the biggest victim.

steveL

anyone detect a bit of back-tracking on the part of The Mail tonight?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on September 19, 2012, 04: PM
anyone detect a bit of back-tracking on the part of The Mail tonight?

Distinctly...also it seems that the Trust responded to the news that the independent regulator has identified six areas of potential financial risk in the manner of a truculent teenager.  Maybe something along the lines of 'OMG - you're just soooo embarrassing...I'll save up my pocket money and wash the dishes for ever and ever so it's not really expensive...you're so mean...all the other trusts have got one'...  ;)

not4me

You don't hear much about the number of jobs that are going to be lost to the town when Hartlepool Hospital finally closes. Or are these tossers expecting the pinkies and porters to 'relocate' like they do.

not4me

Bit weird, considering my previous post - coincidence though. Of course, we're all reassured by the Hosptial Trust denial aren't we?
I noticed within the spin over the announcement this week lies the promise that the Trust will subsidise a local bus service. Anyone remember the similar committment they made when Trauma was transferred to North Tees? I think it lasted a year before they pulled the plug.

testing times

"HEALTH chiefs have called for the public to get more behind their plans to build a new £300m hospital at Wynyard. Paul Garvin, chairman of North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, described people's opposition to the plans as "unfortunate" at its annual general meeting yesterday."
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hospital-bosses-plea-for-support-1-4945652
Strange this. Does anyone remember Alan Foster's claim on Radio Tees that the majority of us were in favour of what they were doing?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Interesting to note that the online Mail front page indicates that there are five comments on this article, but none are available at the foot of the topic and the option to add comments is absent...

steveL

maybe you're only allowed to add comments once-a-week now  ;)