Hospital Announcement: A sign of things to come

Started by brassed off monkey, September 09, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

Quote from: fred c on September 11, 2012, 04: PM
There was a 5 car pile up on the A689 at Wolviston this morning, what are your chances if you happened to be in the back of an ambulance in such a situation ???

How would JB`s clinicians explain away that kind of episode, would they consider the extra time taken to get you to a Hospital A&E to be a bit of a "Jolly"......

quite worrying fred if they were rushing to your aid  :-\

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ambulance%20drivers%20letter%20about%20concerns%20in%20hartlepool&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CD4QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsrt.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fambulance-driver-fined-trying-to-save-a-child-s-life-361804.html&ei=2SFQUPi2EImg0QWD3oGIBQ&usg=AFQjCNGoXYfouPSNhynywhQTZ1PUBv7F8g

rabbit

quote by the ambulance driver:

"Last March, I was on the very same road taking an organ and was clocked 108 mph and no action was taken against me"

I know the high speed that these cars drive at is ultimately to save lives, but it poses the question "why don`t they use helicopters for such work?"

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

marky

Ambulance Driver seems to have disappeared....perhaps it was an emergency  ;)
....and perhaps he was just lucky and the copper he dealt with had already met his quota that month.  ???

mk1

Given our location I can see lots of stretchers changing at Thornaby to await  the train to the Hospital.

Middlesbrough hospital appointments could be synched with trains

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-19602212

I note  Hartlepool is not included in the planned station upgrades and to further underscore the complete ineptitude of our council Sunderland station is due another 10 million pound upgrade to match the 7 million one it got in  2010.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/latest-news/plans-to-replace-sunderland-s-depressing-train-station-with-a-new-10million-facility-1-4924075

PLANS for a £10million scheme to transform Sunderland's run-down city-centre railway station have been unveiled.

The new proposals would see the 46-year-old building demolished and replaced with a 
lightweight roof over a 
new concourse and public area, with space for 
either the existing or new shops.

City council bosses have agreed to back the project with a £200,000 contribution towards the next stage, which will see more detailed technical assessments and design work carried out.

The council is working with Network Rail, which owns 
the station, and public transport executive Nexus – operators of the Metro – which 
will share the remaining £400,000 bill for the first stage work.

Our bunch of tossers too concerned with getting new bus wheels or setting up a second hand furniture business to  lobby for Hartlepool improvements!

fred c

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203809/A-E-shutdown-farce-backlash-begins.html

More fuel for the fire, it`s interesting to note the battle put up by our councillors to try & save our hospital....

They fought like "Dead Sheep" to stand up for the health & wellbeing of the people of Hartlepool, how many for instance went on the march around the town centre ????

What did they do in "Real Terms" to try & influence the now discredited North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust ???? the chair of the council couldn`t even be bothered to post a letter.

What are they actually doing "Now" to try & reverse the closure of services & departments of Hartlepool Hospital ???? Nothing absolutely Nothing

not4me

They are doing absolutely nothing and they are not going to either. I fully expect SAB to make a pitch for the £50,000 Chair of the Hospital Trust at some stage and that is what it has always been about. Don't forget he was the only Councillor to vote against sending that letter of no confidence to the Hospital Trust designed to score him a few points I bet.

marky

I'm waiting for Mad Dog's new scheme to supply push bikes to the 'under-priviledged'  (and the 2 new recruits to administer it)

marky

Wouldn't surprise me.
Maybe they should give him a cash register to sit next to him on that front bench - KER . . . CHING!  ;D

eddy

To be fair, haven't they just redone the train station?

steveL

I think that was Network rail though I think there was a contribution from the proposed Metro - could be wrong
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

What use is this? An article in tonights Mail about Thursdays Hospital Trust AGM and which gives us a matter of hours to register and by some amazing coincidence, is timed to clash with the HBC meeting of the Health and Scrutiny Forum.
PEOPLE can attend an annual meeting of Hartlepool's hospital trust.North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, which hopes to build a new £300 million hospital, is holding its annual general meeting on Thursday.
The meeting is being held at Wynyard Park, Wynyard, and members of the public are welcome.
Items on the agenda include the trust's annual plan, changes to governors, and a presentation of the annual report and accounts. It will be held in the Londonderry Room of the Wynyard Rooms and registration is from 9.30am. The meeting will start at 10am and is expected to last around an hour.
Copies of the agenda, annual reports and annual accounts are available to download from the trust's website at www.nth.nhs.uk.
They are also available by appointment by contacting the director of human resources and education/company secretary on (01642) 383563.
If you would like to attend the meeting, register by emailing membership@nth.nhs.uk or call (01642) 383765 by the end of today.

rabbit

We have been waiting for an announcement on the new Wynyard Hospital: perhaps this could happen today, perhaps Thursday at the AGM, perhaps, perhaps.

In the Mail today quote:

"Published on Tuesday 18 September 2012 10:44

HEALTH bosses were today set to make a major announcement on the proposed £300m hospital at Wynyard Park.

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust was scheduled to make the announcement near the site where the new hospital would be built.

Trust chiefs have not revealed what the announcement will be but it concerns plans for the new hospital at Wynyard."

see http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/d-day-for-300m-hospital-1-4929933

update: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/milestone-for-new-hospital-1-4932900

Lucy Lass-Tick

From a subsequent Mail article, it seems to be the start of a 12-18 month procurement period, at the end of which they'll see how things then stand. Doubtless we should be grateful for an element of caution...at times they've sounded so desperate to go ahead that I feared lest they become prey to loan sharks.. ;).

Quote: "Another review at the end of the procurement period will give the board the final assurance it needs to take the final step to borrow the money, award contracts and begin the build. This will of course depend on the situation the trust finds itself in at the end of the 12 to 18 month procurement period. However, we hope to have a just over three-year build, and we could open the doors of the new hospital in late 2016 or early 2017."

A lot can happen in a year or so...