Osborne's £40bn

Started by steveL, September 08, 2012, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I'm wondering if the Wynyard hospital will turn out to be part of Osborne's £40b of guarantees to the private sector for new infrastructure projects - the doubt being whether a new hospital counts as 'infrastructure' or not. This isn't new money, but a  case of the Government underwriting private finance.
The timing is about right though did anyone notice that the expected announcement from the Trust in August didn't happen.
I'm not sure if it matters a whole bunch now as services at our own hospital have been so diminished its probably on the wrong side of viability now. This despite HBC's promises to oppose any more reductions in services.
Apparently, there is a motion kicking around the council chamber from Keith Fisher to oppose the most recent transfer of services to the One Life Centre.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18880354
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

I've heard that Labour will support Fisher's motion for PR purposes but Brash has let it be known it will be meaningless and will be reversed at the next opportunity.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Is that HBC Brash or NHS Brash  :)
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

Well now the cat is out of the bag, then we can ensure that there are no PR stunts?  I don't mind PR if it works in the favour of the town.

notenoughsaid

Whilst slightly "off thread" but relevant and newsworthy I came across something on Tuesday (4th.Sept.) which distressed me and shows how badly the people of Hartlepool  and Hospital staff are being scorned. My wife needed to attend UHH for treatment/examination at the eye clinic. The process was very efficient and the staff very helpful.    Following the application of drops causing severe stinging my wife commented to the nurse dealing with her how it must feel for youngsters having the same drops.  She was informed that the nurse held a clinic for children on certain days and felt terrible that the Trust no longer provides stickers to encourage and reward the bairns for being brave. She added that the girls in the Dept. club together and buy them themselves from the pound shop.    Is this not the very thin edge of the wedge?!!! Shame on Mr.Foster and Co. and his salary of approx. £238,000 p.a. Perhaps he should by them out of his pink piggy bank. !!!