transport interchange update

Started by no6bus, September 06, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no6bus

well it looks like arriva are pulling out of the transport interchange so pretty soon it will be a railway station car park.
i am led to believe that they will instead use the bus stop on gateway bridge and loop back round the roundabout near VUE cinema.

steveL

dear me, how bad can it get? do the national inter-city buses use the interchange? Who is left using it if Arriva give it a miss?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

yes national express still use it but national holidays still use the college.
when arriva pull out it is a glorified taxi rank and car park

mk1

The reason it was built (and in so much haste) was because Dumbo needed it for the expected (but did not arrive) flood of coaches for the Tall Ships.
In reality the cost of this useless item should be added to the Tall Ships budget.
It is an absolute disgrace that any Council could build its only  Bus Station in a location where everyone knew no busses would venture.
We also had Pammy making a right ar*se of herself gushing in the Mail that the interchange would 'improve employment prospects' in the town.
Employment prospects for the people who build castles in the clouds perhaps?

When Councillors had to arrange a  coach to transport themselves  safely the 100 yds from the Civic Centre the writing was on the wall.

The interchange at its most crowded.

A  bit of advice Pammy, skirt too short and wrong for your shape!

There might be a way to save it-insist all the busses owned by Councillors use it!

marky

I suppose you could argue that the 'interchange' is in the right place; it's the Shopping Centre that's in the wrong place. Whichever way you look at it, an example of joined up thinking it is not - a very expensive c**k-up more like it.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Remember the old coach station, the number of busses and people that used it ? (Well I always remember it being busy.)
...the Hartlepool way is, if it isn't broke then 'fix' it.
I don't believe it.

fred c

mk 1 is correct about the "Transport Interchange" being included in the budget for the Tall Stories, the total & utter B****X spoken about both of these calamitous monuments to ineptitude would fill Seaton Meadows.

£4 Million Pounds for what is all said & done "5 Glass Bus Shelters & 20 Parking Spaces" is testament to the mis-management that has been allowed to go unchecked for a number of years.

But the really galling point about both of these "White Elephants" is, the useless t***s who gave the go ahead for them are still in a position to organise a repeat performance.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on September 06, 2012, 07: PM
Remember the old coach station, the number of busses and people that used it ? (Well I always remember it being busy.)
...the Hartlepool way is, if it isn't broke then 'fix' it.

All taken on a Sunday 19/4/92 and in those  days everything stopped on Sunday!

1950's

for fawkes sake

Those deserted streets remind me of the time when a day out with the kids meant something more than stuffing a Big Mac down their throats while traping them around the Metro Centre.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."