Happy Birthday HTH

Started by danny_boy, August 31, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny_boy

I spotted an interesting story on the Mail's web site tonight - interesting to me anyway - which for the first time gives the number of unique visitors to The Mail's website each month as 121,000 on average. I've been trying to find out this figure for months.

Obviously, I'm interested in this sort of stuff so I thought that I'd make a comparison for July being the last full month that I have figures for at the moment.

Here's the result:

Unique visitors to the HTH site during July stood at 49,403 while the Hartlepoool Council website quotes a figure of 28406

I take the whole Mail story and the tone of it as further indication that the demise of its daily printed version isn't too far away but to discover that HTH can claim 40% of the Mail's on-line figure considerinhg that this is a part-time, ad hoc organisation is a bit gob-smacking to say the least. Next week marks our 10th anniversary so I think I'll take that 40% figure as a result!  :)

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mail-part-of-web-success-1-4886740

danny_boy

Yes I got an e-mail from our hosting service saying that it was all to do with them upgrading the version of php on the server. Apparently it only lasted a few minutes during which they were effectively running multiple copies of the website at once as backups.

danny_boy

an e-mail before they did the upgrade would have been nice... ;)

steveL

Nice FP, Danny. How many cans of Foster's does 10 years equate to?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Julie noted

Indeed, many happy returns High Tax Hartlepool.  :) :)
And well done to the 'back room boys' for their stewardship.  8) :) ;)

Here's to the next 10 years and further revelations on the mendacious,
self-serving rabble that run the kremlin, and their pusillanimous, nodding donkey followers.  :(

steveL

bloody 'ell, Julie. I thought I was on Call My Bluff for a moment....  where's that dictionary? D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.