Retail revival strategy

Started by perseus, August 31, 2012, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Another one bites the dust...Martin Downes is a chap with vast experience in the catering trade, having built up the original chain of Galley cafes.  For him to make this decision indicates a very serious problem indeed.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/16-jobs-lost-as-cafe-closes-1-4905749

christine blakey

I feel so sorry for the staff and owners of Eugine's.  Really, they had no choice but to move and will have tried hard to make it work.  However, the builders or whoever is involved in the refit have escalated costs and sometimes the pot runs dry.

It seems that there is legal action brewing and maybe the hope that finance can be got from the other business that has just opened in Seaham.

I know a lot of people used to go to Eugine's, I am sure they will be missed.  I hope the staff manage to get new jobs and maybe Eugine's get to still win one of the awards for the Shopping Centre for keeping going for so long when you have to walk through an empty shop to get to the cafe.  That is commitment to Eugine Cuisine!