Elephant attacked by Gnat

Started by Julie noted, August 30, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

I see our Iain is at it again, in the local rag. He's having a go at Osborne because of the lack of jobs the tories have brought to Hartlepool.
How many times does he have to be reminded that labour were in charge for 13 bleedin' years...what did THEY do for this town?  :'(
(Apart from tell a pack of lies about our hospital and sold us, and it down the Swanee).  >:(
How many jobs did labour bring to this town in their 13 years?
The tories might not have done too much either but they did bring the marina regeneration, Samsung and Nissan.  8)
What have labour brought to the North-East...apart from sniping at the tories?

Iain, for crying out loud, DO SOMETHING FOR HARTLEPOOL, stop crawling around the shirt tails of the so-called big wigs in London!!!  >:(

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Are you saying the pictures of our MP passing on free Ladybird books, having a cup of tea with old dears etc. has not resulted in investment from large out of town companies.

How could that plan have failed !!! ...well at least he is guaranteed a nice comfy leather seat to rest his head sorry ar** on while the rest of us that can work for a living.

It is hard to accuse him of failure because he doesn't appear to have tried to do anything for Hartlepool in the first place (other than say how unfair it is what other people are doing).

He is making bags of money so why should he worry about us ? 

I don't believe it.

steveL

I always associated Morrel's with Pork Pies rather than Pasties - and very nice they are too!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Julie noted on August 30, 2012, 09: PM
Iain, for crying out loud, DO SOMETHING FOR HARTLEPOOL, stop crawling around the shirt tails of the so-called big wigs in London!!!  >:(

Ha Ha theres no chance of that. He's a self serving career politician, looking after his own interests just like the rest of them.

Does anybody actually take him seriously?
'They don't like it up em'

steveL

I think Iain Wright as MP is rather like the flagpole above the Civic - you know you need to have one but only occasionally is it of any real use.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Labour has had an MP in Hartlepool for 48 of the last 50 years and both an MP and a Labour Government for half of those 50 years. Ironic isn't it, that the only real change in the town i.e. the Marina Developmnet was instigated by the Tories.

Labour have done nothing to resolve Hartlepool's employment plight which is the root cause of most of our problems. Instead they have settled for being mere managers of the deprivation it has produced.

fred c

Leadbitter, Mandelson & Wright.... just what have these 3 MP`s brought to the town ?

Leadbitter was a long standing MP who will be only remembered for outing Anthony Blunt, not for bringing any worthwhile employment opportunities to Hartlepool, in fact quite the opposite lots of major employers closed down during his time in office.

Mandelson was one of the top 3 most powerful men in the last Labour Government, indeed he was considered to be the architect of new labour, what did that mean for Hartlepool ? not a lot in real terms, no major companies came to the town, no large goverment departments came to the immediate area of Hartlepool & to top it all, he was made a freeman of the borough.

Ian Wright, i would think that the majority of people would consider him to be the least effective MP of the 3, he has proven to be a man truly capable of posting a letter & scoffing a pork pie, should we expect more from our elected parliamentarian than photo opportunity politics ? of course we should are we likely to get it ? of course not.

His tuppenhappeny skits at the present LibCon government are akin to the pot calling the kettle black, he seems to have forgetten he was an MP in Government, what did he do for Hartlepool when his party was in power ? the same as he is doing now.... not a lot.

I firmly beleive that we should elect an independent MP, that would allow him/her the opportunity to use their vote to bargain for something in return, especially if there was a Government with a small majority in power.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If we can't get rid of labour, can we get a worthwhile labour MP ?

One with a voice like Prescott, the morals of Grahame Morris and the doorstep appeal of David Milliband ?

Instead of one that is like the spoilt crying kid in the toy aisle at Asda that everybody is trying to block out of their heads.
I don't believe it.