Litter Strewn Hartlepool

Started by monkeyhanger, August 25, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyhanger

Friend of mine been up on Holiday from Northampton at the station she said she enjoyed her stay and will come back, BUT was very upset about all the litter all over the town she saw blowing about.

Left saying a letter to to Mayor may help,some hope.

Shame one of her lasting memories will be all the litter.

George

The Great Dictator

I blame the uneducated morons who live here.

getagrip

The bin men cause a lot of it, I think I'll video them the next time they spread the contents of the bins and the bins themselves around the place. It's just careless, an absence of professionalism and proper team-leadership.

The Great Dictator

The bin men don't throw empty fag packets out of taxi cabs.

George

So it's idiots, morons and taxi drivers who cause most of the litter, I hope your not saying these people are one and the same  :P

testing times

I think there is an attitude,supervision problem with some, but certainly not all of the bin men we're blessed with but to say that the town's litter problem is down to them is way off the mark.
The town does have a problem with litter but, next time you notice it, take a look at the type of litter. I would guess 90% of it consists of:
1. Beer and Lager cans
2. Plastic drink bottles
3. Fast food packaging
Then ask yourself what age group we're dealing with here.

George

Really fat old taxi drivers with a drink problem?  :P

monkeyhanger

Quote from: testing times on August 26, 2012, 01: PM
I think there is an attitude,supervision problem with some, but certainly not all of the bin men we're blessed with but to say that the town's litter problem is down to them is way off the mark.
The town does have a problem with litter but, next time you notice it, take a look at the type of litter. I would guess 90% of it consists of:
1. Beer and Lager cans
2. Plastic drink bottles
3. Fast food packaging
Then ask yourself what age group we're dealing with here.

Seems it must be all ages,just watched a little nana and her brood unwrap fish n chips. Kids wrapping went in bin nana threw hers on floor.