UKIP Memberships Falls Again

Started by steveL, October 09, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Oh I get it now. We all have to wait until UKIP have 17 Councillors and while we do so, it's not really worth bothering saying anything in council. And what if you never have 17 Councillors? Does that mean that you're going to sit there in silence forever?

Let's do it on a one-to-one basis. In three weeks, an ex-Labour Councillor will be in the dock in Middlesbrough thanks largely to PHF and guess what, they didn't even have anything like 17 Councillors!

Would you like to match that one before we go onto the next?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on October 11, 2016, 05: PM
Does that mean that you're going to sit there in silence forever?

Is it true that Hartlepool UKIP's latest advisors are Trappist monks?

DRiddle

I'm not entirely sure why Tom keeps mentioning me and I thread I don't think I've even commented on. I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I'm more than happy to debate Tom via this forum on ANY issue, political or otherwise.

I can't see him being up for that though. He wouldn't even debate the merits of EU membership in the council chamber when presented with an opportunity to do so.

He, and I'm quoting him, didn't "have his stuff with him" so wasn't up for debate when presented with the chance by ex-Cllr Brash.

I'm not sure what "stuff" he was lacking. A brown shirt? Some jack boots? A white pillow case with two eyes holes cut in it?

Crazy times ahead.

steveL

The crazy thing is that UKIP don't have local manifesto either, just a national one, which of course, as Councillors they will have no opportunity to implement in any circumstances and we can all be grateful for that!

Darren Price, their losing candidate in Foggy Furze was a remainer (figure that one out) and thought that, on balance, immigration was 'a good thing' - I know this because I asked him directly.

Shane "a seat, a seat, my principles for a council seat", will never be anything other than a true blue Tory and probably wishes he was back in the Tory fold under Theresa May every time he hears Tom Hind try to link two sentences together. Their Chairman hankers for the day Hartlepool won the Britain in Bloom contest (that was 1972 btw) and wants to reverse the last council tax increase, which is a shame because no one else in UKIP seems to want to and Tim, having lost his seat as an Independent and tried to regain it a couple of times, finally decided to jump on the UKIP bandwagon before the wheels fell off probably knowing full well that his seat will probably last longer than the party.

The reason Tom seems to have hit the bottle, at a guess, is that he has just realised something disturbing

A couple of years ago, when he was first elected, the coastal waters at Seaton had failed to meet the EU Water Standard. Tom's cunning plan was that he could 'clean up' the water by abolishing the EU Standard - if there was no EU Standard then Seaton's coastal waters could no longer fail to meet it - neat, eh?

However, with the Government now planning to absorb all EU regulations into British Law as a first step towards BREXIT, Tom might have realised, though I wouldn't guarantee it, that his cunning plan is now hanging around his ankles.

Worse still, he had intended to demonstrate his cleverness to others by extending his methods into other areas with plans to reduce the national crime figures by decriminalising a whole host of felonies. Bugger!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

This 'Cunning Plan' to take the Hartlepool Parliamentary seat because they have strong local presence sounds reasonable-until you look at what happened when UKIP tried it in Thanet. They put their most high profile member up in what they believed to be a certain gain for them. How did it turn out? The UKIP member who stood in Thanet in 2015 was one Nigel Farage.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on October 11, 2016, 07: PM
The reason Tom seems to have hit the bottle, at a guess, is that he has just realised something disturbing

Reminds me of the time Alan Clark was active here and came home one night  with a skinful and started posting. Not a pretty sight!

beanzontoast

SteveL which part of UKIP's manifesto you don't understand, I would be quite happy to explain it to you, more importantly which part of said manifesto, can't be adapted to local politics, again more importantly,  we that is UKIP won the Headland and Harbour ward because we believe in people/ communities to make their own choices . You have decided at a stroke the EU should be sovereign. PHF must by default and DRiddle's statement I despise EVERTHING  UKIP stand for be saying PHF don't want to get our fishing industry back in Hartlepool no wonder they lost . Sling your Hook.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 11, 2016, 10: PM
. You have decided at a stroke the EU should be sovereign..

Typical bong-eyed looney.  EU..EU..EU...he sees it everywhere   It dominates his whole waking life.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 11, 2016, 10: PM
You have decided at a stroke the EU should be sovereign. PHF must by default and DRiddle's statement I despise EVERTHING  UKIP stand for be saying PHF don't want to get our fishing industry back

Not that I believe for a second Tom would ever watch Newsnight (why bother with facts-they only confuse him) but if he did he would have had a heart attack tonight. Seems  a move is being made to re-name our EU contribution (the famous £350 million a week for the NHS lie) as a 'fund' to help developing EU nations so that the UK can keep paying it after Brexit. It is quite clear that May does not want a complete break and the 3 Brexit Loons are being marginalised in Cabinet. The outcome is going to be the UK paying much the same with no influence whatsover in policy making.

beanzontoast

Mr Riddel I'm more than happy to have a debate with you on the EU, and on this forum, in fact I think it is an excellent idea, ex councillor Brash was he not the leader of the Labour council at one time, most of his adult life as his father before him deeply embeded in the public sector, yes David lets go for it. Bring it on.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 11, 2016, 11: PM
as his father before him deeply embeded in the public sector,

as a Doctor..........
Perhaps Tom could explain his problem with a 'Public Sector' run NHS?

DRiddle

For the love of God. So in a thread in which UKIP have claimed they DO care about local issues, I offer you a debate on ANYTHING under to sun, and you choose . . . The EU.

I think in the last few days on this forum, Tom has achieved something I never thought was possible. He's actually making Kevin Cranney and Stephen Akers-Belcher look relatively intelligent.

Anyway, I have better things to do than involve myself in your political suicide note. If anyone 'up the ladder' in UKIP sees this thread, I imagine you won't even get the opportunity to defend your seat in Seaton in 2018.

The best advice I can offer you is take the Jean Robinson/Stephen Akers-Belcher/that Tory woman etc 'vow of silence' in the chamber and in public.

Keep stchum and hope no one realises your actual 'qualities', when the public vote in the election.

Honesty Tom, everytime you make a political statement in the public domain a little piece of me dies inside.

Shane, gag him fella.

steveL

I so hope the people of Seaton are reading this.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on October 12, 2016, 08: AM
I so hope the people of Seaton are reading this.

They already know.

marky

just had a look at the UKIP facebook page. Can someone explain this to me?

Ukip claim an increased vote of 49% but Shane Moore got 619 votes in May, that's 123 more than Tim Fleming. I make that a fall in the Ukip vote of of nearly 20%