UKIP Memberships Falls Again

Started by steveL, October 09, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

It's not residents resonating with the content of the UKIP Manifesto Shane, it is more a matter of the UKIP councillors putting forward policies, that in Full Council & Committees will resonate with Hartlepudlians.

I have to be honest about it, my impressions of the 3 UKIP councillors is less than overwhelming, however, i hope that yourself Tennant & Fleming can provide a more robust defence against the half arsed policies & proposals of the current ruling coaltion.

There are as your are well aware, literally dozens of motions you could present to full council..... hopefully thats exactly what you will do.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 10, 2016, 02: PM

I think others reading will be pleasantly surprised with how much of the 2015 manifesto resonates with issues and policies that are, so often, brought up on the doorstep and not the tripe usually 'quotes' as UKIP policy by those who 'thinks' they are in the know.

Yes it must resonate. How many seats did that resonating  manifesto win for UKIP at the election?

mk1

Here is the real face of UKIP. Forget the glossy leaflets and see what UKIP really believe:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514379/UKIPs-Gordon-Gillick-told-children-care-takers-society.html

Three youngsters had made a film about their experiences in foster homes, and were explaining it to the councillors when Mr Gillick interrupted.
He asked: 'How does it feel to be takers from the system?'
He reportedly also asked the youngsters when they would 'start giving back to society' before walking out of the session............ ..................G roup leader Peter Reeve said: 'As long as he's being honest and transparent and saying what he believes, I've no problem with that.
'It may or may not be that I agree with him or that people find his views offensive, but I would rather a councillor is honest than cover up their beliefs because they are worried about it not being politically correct.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514379/UKIPs-Gordon-Gillick-told-children-care-takers-society.html#ixzz4MhMdEpsG

This is the same man who tried to charge a fee to be filmed in council  meetings:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/28/ukip-cllr-gordon-gillick-lights-payment_n_5048689.html

He is married to the loon Victoria Gillick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Gillick

mk1

Here is Farage  trying to make excuses for Trump:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/09/nigel-farage-defends-donald-trump-over-alpha-male-boasting

You will have to read the article above to understand the following and be warned there is some fairly graphic descriptions (complete with obscenities)  of what Trump does to unsuspecting woman.

I think Farage's excuse making explains why  Dianne James is grimacing here

I think a wider view showing where his other hand is would explain everything......... .........

beanzontoast

SteveL take your time looking over real political party manifesto, in the meantime would you like to enlighten me of how many members you have in your branch, or were they all there at the count, to be fair you are not even a political party more like a pressure group even that statement might be pushing it. On another note for all the hot air spoken in the chamber by David R what have PHF achieved if I recall zero, all in all a pretty impressive result in the chamber. Eventually you will have to stop trading on the name PHF wich I must admit it has a certain ring to it but what does it mean exactly, what are your policies,  more importantly how will said policies be achieved.

steveL

Well we wrote most of your election material for one thing.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

"Hot air in the chamber"........ good of you to let us all know Beanz, we were all under the impression that it was Constructive Debate, something no-one has heard from you & your companion at the schtum table.

I haven't heard 1 constructive point put forward by either of you in over 2 years, just in case you are unaware, being in opposition by definition means you 'Oppose'....... you & your muckers should try it sometime.

steveL

According to your local leader, you don't talk about 'national' issues so I don't understand this pre-occupation with having a manifesto and in any case, Farage  disowned your 2010 manifesto completely so how serious should we take the current manifesto considering the same people have already let the cat out of the bag on their inner-most thoughts.

Restricting foreigners on football teams
"Ukip feels the [lack of success of British teams] is largely a legacy of many British teams having too few British players in the team, and teams like Arsenal have taken to the field in the recent past with none whatsoever ... Ukip would place a maximum of three foreign players in the starting line-up, as this would free up places for British players in the youth academies of these teams and spur the future development of home teams."
Proper dress in theatres
"Ukip will encourage a return to proper dress for major hotels, restaurants and theatres – smarter dress is part of Britishness, although it is also a British virtue to encourage innovation in fashion."
Investigating discrimination against white people at the BBC
"Ukip will pursue inquiries into alleged discrimination in favour of ethnic minority candidates in media outlets, such as the BBC, where there are allegations that white presenters had training stopped when training continued for non-white presenters."
Teaching more about the British empire and role of Arabs and Africans in slavery

"The patchy and biased teaching of history in schools, often very anti-British, is a major problem for a cohesive society. Part of the improved teaching will be a fair and factual analysis of the history of the British empire, which celebrates its achievements in terms of democracy, law, freedoms and trade and does not just acknowledge its faults. The issue of slavery in particular would also reflect the greater levels of trade by Arab slave traders (including the seizing of English citizens for slaves from the south-west), the role of African tribes in the trade and [William] Wilberforce's world-leading abolition campaign."
Making the Circle line a circle again
"Ukip will return London's Circle line to a circle – the complete circular service recently stopped. We will build grade-separated junctions to improve the number of trains and their reliability at Edgware Road, Gloucester Road and Aldgate."
Referendum on new mosques and banning the burqa
"Ukip would ban the wearing of the burqa and niqab veils in public places, as facial coverings are a major symbol of Wahhabism. Ukip would require a referendum for the building of any new religious place of worship, including mosques and 'Mega Mosques'."
Inquiry into Muslim-dominated 'no-go' areas
"Ukip is deeply concerned at the death threats made to Bishop Nazir Ali, the courageous bishop of Rochester, and the feeble reaction and false denial by the political establishment of his claims that there are Muslim-dominated 'no-go' areas in Britain. Ukip will hold a wide-ranging public inquiry to establish the truth into claims of 'no-go' areas and their causes, if proven."
Cancelling visas for failure to uphold British values
"All visas issued to non-British citizens will contain a summary of British values, and a commitment to uphold those values. Conspicuous failure to uphold those values, such as violent or criminal behaviour, will lead to the visa being automatically cancelled."
Glamorous railways
"Ukip will encourage a return to the glamour, grace and style of the railway companies of the past through its railway policies. Ukip seeks a return to 'Pullman' trains where justified, with appropriate branding such as 'Great Western Railway', one of the most successful British brands ever."
Giving MPs more freedom over their expenses
"We believe that in reality MPs must be awarded a degree of freedom and trust to manage their affairs, despite the recent scandals, and that providing opportunities to enrich themselves through the office are properly restricted ... any small and inconsequential 'gains' such as first-class travel ought simply to be considered a minor perk and there is a practical need for MPs to be able to work during frequent travelling. It is unreasonable and unfeasible to ensure efficient and appropriate use for every £1, however the overall system must prevent excessive abuses being possible."
Restoration of imperial measures and the crown symbol on pint glasses
"Ukip would restore imperial measures for all weights and measures, restoring the crown symbol on pint glasses (now illegal under EU rules), safeguarding the mile, allowing the sale of vegetables and fruit in pounds and ounces, restoring acres not hectares, and require all media, businesses, schools and colleges to use imperial alongside metric measurements."
Repainting the trains in traditional colours
"The unseemly haste with which National Express destroyed the quality GNER brand by painting out its heraldry on service trains standing at rail stations was a disgrace. As with the iconic red bus in London, so the government should insist on a modernised form of traditional branding – chocolate and cream for Great Western, scarlet red for Midland, apple green for the east coast. These are icons of Britishness. Go-Ahead has shown the way with an excellent, tasteful branding of its Southern network."
Banning windfarms in case they harm fish
"Ukip would oppose all wind generated electrical power, particularly offshore, on cost and efficiency grounds. Offshore windfarms would impinge on established fishing grounds and there has been no research on how the magnetic and sonic vibrations of big wind turbines mounted on huge towers in deep water might affect fish."
The same income tax level for rich and poor
"Ukip will combine income tax and national insurance into a flat-rate income tax of 31% for all incomes over £11,500."
More swearing of allegiance to the Queen
"We deeply regret the drift towards swearing oaths of allegiance to the state rather than the monarchy, as with new policemen, which ignores the carefully balanced constitutional arrangement of Britain and risks elevating the authority of the government further. Ukip would require a comprehensive return to swearing allegiance to the Crown from all public servants and British subjects."
Cheaper beer
"Ukip would cut duty and taxes on traditional draught beers such as real ale, ciders and some lagers. Ukip would also allow landlords to write off against tax promotional costs for traditional beers through pub posters, beer mats and giveaways."
Opt-in sex education
"We will abolish 'Circle Time' discussion groups and scrap sex and relationships education in schools completely for children under the age of 10, except in the context of biology. We will make it optional for 10- to 11-year-olds – with parents choosing to opt their children in rather than having to opt out."
Banning European studies at universities
"We will abolish all lectureships and courses in European studies, including the 357 Jean Monnet projects in British universities. These are funded by the European Union, and are little more than avenues for pro-EU propaganda."
Letting schools bring back the cane
"We will pass legislation that establishes beyond doubt that schools and teachers have the right to discipline pupils without fearing legal action. Ukip will also give schools the choice of whether or not to use corporal punishment, but does not advocate this as a party."
Abolishing statutory maternity pay
"Rather than playing the 'money-go-round' with the attendant administrative burden, Ukip would abolish SMP entirely and simply allow parents who stay at home with their children to claim a weekly parental allowance set at the same level as the basic cash benefit proposed in our welfare policy (in other words, around £64 per week for parents aged 25 and above) regardless of how long they are off work and regardless of the other spouse's income."
No more 'equality' laws
"Ukip would scrap most 'equality and discrimination' legislation, cap all compensation payments and allow common sense to prevail. Ukip would punish fraudulent, mischievous complainants, including punishment for legal representatives who institute grossly excessive, speculative or fraudulent claims (such as some 'no win no fee' solicitors) through legal sanctions."

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Tom, being a Councillor is more about going to meetings and sitting there trying your best to look intelligent.

You are actually expected to take part in a positive way and express your views.

When I spoke to Bob Buchan before I voted for him (note, held my nose and voted for the man and not the party), I told him I expect him to be vocal in all meetings he attended.  Its so sad that also appears to have taken the UKIP 'fifth amendment'.

My question to Tom is simple; do you really believe the points you write on this forum about UKIP (especially you and Springer) being a driving force in Hartlepool local Politics?

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 11, 2016, 06: AM
SteveL take your time looking over real political party manifesto, in the meantime would you like to enlighten me of how many members you have in your branch,

This from a party that  has less members than the Greens and has peaked! UKIP numbers are in decline and once the MEP money stops rolling in will be bankrupt.
The general view is that the first 2 UKIP Councillors are in it way over their pay-grade and they struggle to understand what is happening in council. The comments I have heard express amazement that people of such low ability can rise to office and their contributions here  confirm they are completely clueless. Gossip is that Shane is desperate to ditch them and get more able replacements but I understand that he has to deny this in public.  The sort of people you  hear in pubs spouting their prejudice and totally unaware of how ignorant they are.  NIMBYs more concerned about Church bells  disturbing their sleep than the good of Hartlepool.
Tom calling Riddle is just jealousy. Tom knows he can never string together a coherent argument on any subject and he would rather sit mute and be considered dumb than open his mouth and confirm the fact. His replied here are littered with spelling/grammar mistakes and rarely make a point.  He believes in outlandish conspiracy theories and has been corrected many times on his  'errors of fact'. Just your typical unimaginative unintelligent narrow minded Kipper.

not4me

not4me

looks like they struggled so much with their own membership numbers that they had to pull people,in from elsewhere

https://www.facebook.com/ukip.hartlepool/

steveL

Arnott is pushing for Paul Nuttall to be Leader and Nuttall will be supporting Arnott to challenge Iain Wright. Broughton is too up his own ar** to have figured it out yet and still thinks he will be the candidate.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tom Hind wakes up one morning with a horse's head lying next to him.

beanzontoast

steveL, Is your post a trial run of the forthcoming PHF manifesto, and you are having a trial run to gauge public reaction. May i direct you to Facebook of which i am a new member and noticed the many encouraging comments for our excellent and predictable win in the Headland several from Manchester and beyond. Apologies for the poor spelling, and grammar I must try harder.
I will start off with taking notes of how many times PHF manage to outvote labour in council, and that really is the issue here without more of us than them it`s a one horse race I live in hope, while PHF only split the vote in Labours favour, which brings me back to Davids remark, or am i reading to much into this.

fred c

Jeepers Creepers...you seem to have forgotten an awful lot of people have attended full council meetings since you & GS were elected......I don't think i am being unkind when i say.... between the pair of you, you haven't manage to split a hair, never mind a vote.

You keep mentioning a 'Manifesto'..... why should a National Manifesto have any effect on what happens locally...... basically, a loacal councillor should concentrate on local matters & local problems..... nothing more.

Could you compile a list of the motions you & GS have put before council in the last 2 years, for readers of this forum.