UKIP Memberships Falls Again

Started by steveL, October 09, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Latest quarterly figures show that UKIP have lost another 5,000 members since July. Membership now stands at 34,000
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

UKIP are delusional if they think they are going to replace Labour. forget all the  right-wing newspaper attempts to demonise Corbyn and look at boots on the ground

UKIP have had their 5 minutes of fame and now will fade away. More so when the EU gravy train ends and all their thugish MEPs will have to make do with a punch-up at the chippy when the pubs kick out.

not4me

but that's the role of the drones like Hind, to drum up support so that all of those returning 22 Ukip MEPs can slot into £70,000 Westminster seats. That's why they are not interested in what goes on in councils. If I was PHF I would STFU in the council chamber and leave Ukip to it. Not only would this lead to deafening silence but Ukip wouldn't have anything to put on their next leaflets.

fred c

Quote from: not4me on October 09, 2016, 05: PM
but that's the roll of the drones like Hind, to drum up support so that all of those returning Ukip MEPs can slot into £70,000 Westminster seats. That's why they are not interested in what goes on in councils. If I was PHF I would STFU in the council chamber and leave Ukip to it. Not only would this leave to deafening silence but Ukip wouldn't have anything to put on their next leaflets.

It would be interesting to see how UKIP would go about being the opposition if, Clls Riddle & Thompson stayed stumm, a deathly silence comes to mind.

Unfortunately full council meetings seem to have been reduced to every other month, maybe the Ukippers could start with that.

They could also press for the Cafe in The Crem accounts to be made public,  or the Implimentation of the New Town Plan, they could also put forward a motion for a mandatory code of conduct for councillors, what about the reinstatement of verbal public questions or the mis-use of ward budget allowances, what about pressing to have the details of 1st class rail travel by councillors made public, they could also query where the money that OFCA & it's spin offs receive in grants goes......

The list is almost endless, lets see them spit in the gravel & get the LabTor Mob to step up to the mark.

steveL

Fat chance of that Fred. I think Jonathan Arnott will be the UKIP guy on the panel - he's not going to pass up on a chance like that.

"There is also consensus, in the post-referendum age and with David Cameron gone, that UKIP's electoral future - aside from a few Tory-held seats in the east of England - lies in going after "soft" Labour territory in parts of the Midlands, Yorkshire and the north-east of England

These are all areas where UKIP did well last year, where there was a large Leave vote in the referendum and where, so the conventional wisdom goes, people are not warming to Jeremy Corbyn and his more liberal message on immigration and other issues."

UKIP are throwing money (from their overdraft) at these seats and Hartlepool is a prime target. Arnott has his office in Elwick Road and they are even employing a 'researcher' although he doesn't seem to be very aware of the local scene to be honest. I've said many times now; the target is Iain Wright's seat - they really couldn't give a toss about what goes on in the council – the winning of ward seats is just a stepping stone for the main event.

From what I hear, it's accepted that both Tom Hind and George Springer are liabilities who could possibly c**k up the grand plan but both could well be gone before 2020. That time period between now and the next GE is UKIP's biggest problem.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

Not4me, Stevel

Ukip is not alone in ignoring what happens at the local level. Name one national party that is.

The only interest by the national parties in local politics is at GE time when they expect the grunts, boots on the ground, to be mobilised to serve the interest of the national party. In other words to do their best in order that the national party's candidate is elected. And how do they reward the grunts? By ignoring them until the next GE. Labour are particularly bad at this - e.g. what did Mandelson do for the electorate of Hartlepool?

steveL

Well he taught us all what guacamole was....

You're right in what you say but at least labour/tory/PHF and Indy councilors are primarily talking about what is going on locally. It took UKIP 2 1/2 years to say anything in council and when they did it was about themselves getting extra committee seats. It's more than a little galling when you read things like UKIP are' the only opposition to Labour'....but that's it you see - that's their General Election slogan. They just use local election leaflets to help drill it into people's heads. They have no interest in council matters so when a ward election comes round they just lay claim to the work that others have been doing.

I'm intrigued at the idea of PHF staying shtum for a while . . .

beanzontoast

Not4Me and others UKIP councillors are very much interested in local politics, we even have local policies on our election leaflets, while others notably PHF used up a whole side of their Headland & Harbor leaflet castigating UKIP would time and effort been better spent on promoting their own local policies I think so, but then I would suspect those policies would look remarkably like labour policies, would it be more realistic to say PHF, and the Independant P. Thompson are just disgruntled Labour supporters and by joining PHF, and independants, they don`t upset the hand that feeds them. No it is UKIP that needs to say we have had enough of your constant unhelpful comments, and treat you accordingly.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 10, 2016, 12: PM
Not4Me and others UKIP councillors are very much interested in local politics, we even have local policies on our election leaflets, while others notably PHF used up a whole side of their Headland & Harbor leaflet castigating UKIP would time and effort been better spent on promoting their own local policies I think so, but then I would suspect those policies would look remarkably like labour policies, would it be more realistic to say PHF, and the Independant P. Thompson are just disgruntled Labour supporters and by joining PHF, and independants, they don`t upset the hand that feeds them. No it is UKIP that needs to say we have had enough of your constant unhelpful comments, and treat you accordingly.

What a load of tripe, no sense in saying anymore

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 10, 2016, 12: PM
No it is UKIP that needs to say we have had enough of your constant unhelpful comments, and treat you accordingly.

Treat you accordingly? Ah yes-if anyone disagrees with that we can go outside and settle it like men!

How come Tom is so vocal here yet appears mute at Council Meetings. I challenge Tom to tell us what he has achieved  so far. Tell us how many speaking contributions he has made and what his voting record is. What was Tom's contribution to the last UKIP debacle where they  made complete ars*es of themselves in Council and even Labour dimwits managed to outsmart them.
Is Beanz  counting that humiliation as a  UKIP success?

I see  Beanz and Mad Dog as intellectual equals. The difference is  Mad Dog is more assertive and unlike Beanz can walk and talk at the same time!

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 10, 2016, 12: PM
no sense in saying anymore

That seems to be the UKIP tactic in Council. When you come to think of it UKIPs policy of saying  nothing unless it has been scripted by the party is exactly the Labour method. UKIP really are are the new Labour!

steveL

Oh I think we're very helpful to UKIP, we're even going to fully publicise their 2015 Manifesto, maybe you'd like to comment Tom on UKIP's plans to bring back the 11+, make those on Jobseekers work for their benefits and to scrap foreign aid from the 5th largest economy n the world. I wonder what Bible thumping George has to say about that. Are you sure it's the Bible he's thumping and not Mein Kempf?...and there's Tim, who failed his 11+

SRMoore

Quote from: steveL on October 10, 2016, 01: PMwe're even going to fully publicise their 2015 Manifesto

I'll save you a job, Steve. Here it is
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/ukipdev/pages/1103/attachments/original/1429295050/UKIPManifesto2015.pdf?1429295050
You should read through it yourself since you clearly haven't previously.

I think others reading will be pleasantly surprised with how much of the 2015 manifesto resonates with issues and policies that are, so often, brought up on the doorstep and not the tripe usually 'quotes' as UKIP policy by those who 'thinks' they are in the know.

Have a good day.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: SRMoore on October 10, 2016, 02: PM
Quote from: steveL on October 10, 2016, 01: PMwe're even going to fully publicise their 2015 Manifesto

I'll save you a job, Steve. Here it is
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/ukipdev/pages/1103/attachments/original/1429295050/UKIPManifesto2015.pdf?1429295050
You should read through it yourself since you clearly haven't previously.

I think others reading will be pleasantly surprised with how much of the 2015 manifesto resonates with issues and policies that are, so often, brought up on the doorstep and not the tripe usually 'quotes' as UKIP policy by those who 'thinks' they are in the know.

Have a good day.

Bonza

mk1

UKIP were so desperate to get Farage elected in South Thanet that it infiltrated an anti-UKIP group  and this spy tried to instigate illegal activity.

Man on far right of Farage security detail is man on far left campaigning for an anti UKIP group.

Message from the spy trying to trick peole into illegal acts.

That is the lying backstabbing world of UKIP.

Oh I forgot to add, Farage did not get elected -his 7th attempt!