Question Time

Started by seaton, October 08, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Question Time from Hartlepool in a couple of weeks time. No indication to who is going to be on the Panel as yet.
To be in the audience you submit a question but TBH until you know who is going to be on the Panel it's difficult, maybe Wright I think for sure and probably a UKIP representative due the Referendum vote and their 'success' in the local Elections.

Johnny Bongo

In my opinion, as Question time is biased towards Labour and this is (at least at the moment) a Labour voting town, perhaps the specially selected panel ;) will do their very best to humiliate any UKIP panellist, with a view to losing them votes in any future elections, local or national! However, from reading on here about UKIP, from local councillors to the 'big boys' nationally ( :o), UKIP seem to be doing a pretty good job themselves! There's no doubt that Labour are definitely running scared...it'll be a wonderful day when they are purged from the political map of Hartlepool ;D

beanzontoast

In your opinion question time is biased towards Labour an understatement me thinks, interesting however you mentioned a panel member might be a UKIP rep. Surely not PHF have that chair taken.

seaton

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 08, 2016, 11: PM
In your opinion question time is biased towards Labour an understatement me thinks, interesting however you mentioned a panel member might be a UKIP rep. Surely not PHF have that chair taken.

They only ever have senior poloticians on the Panel, not local Councillors. We might see Ian Wright on it though and a 'high ranking' UKIP member.

Inspector Knacker

I obviously expect a selection of politicians from the leading parties. However I get a bit tired of the need to put in the celeb, usually a comedian who all seem to share the same school of thought.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Again Tom seems to be missing the point about what it means to be a LOCAL councillor. Why the hell would PHF expect, or want a chair on question time? The show is about NATIONAL politics. I expect UKIP to have a representative on the panel, I expect him/her to bang on about the EU. . . I expect him/her to say more in an hour on television than Tom has in 2 and a half years as a councillor.

pensionater

I take it Johnny Bongo's post is irony,Question Time biased towards Labour, ;D ;D

steveL

If I had one wish, it would be that Tom Hind was selected to be UKIP's representative on the Question Time panel. I'm rooting for you, Tom and might even try a prayer or two.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Can I assume that there will be a good few posters from here attending ?

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on October 09, 2016, 09: PM
Can I assume that there will be a good few posters from here attending ?
Question Time is only any good when they put someone clever up against a pompous politician. George Galloway is brilliant on these type of panel shows and I will never forget the way Will Self completely knocked the wind out of Michael Gove a short while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An4Oe-s3lfs

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Have you applied mk1 ?

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on October 09, 2016, 09: PM
Have you applied mk1 ?

No. I don't see the point.

However I will be staying up to watch tonight's clash in St Louis............

beanzontoast

Question Time in Hartlepool is an event worth welcoming, unfortunately SteveL  i`m probably too low in the pecking order in any event the panel hasn`t been decided yet, but supposing a mainstream broadcaster does choose a UKIP panelist why would you think that should be so would the number 6 spring to mind.

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 13, 2016, 11: AM
Question Time in Hartlepool is an event worth welcoming, unfortunately SteveL  i`m probably too low in the pecking order in any event the panel hasn`t been decided yet, but supposing a mainstream broadcaster does choose a UKIP panelist why would you think that should be so would the number 6 spring to mind.

I'd say that you're too low down on the evolutionary scale, never mind pecking order

No, the number 6 does not spring to mind and if you think the number of local councillors that you have has any connection with the make up of the panel then it shows just how delusional you are.

Question Time is a national programme for a national audience. I would expect to see someone from UKIP on the panel because of the 4m votes UKIP got in the last general election and because BREXIT is such a current topic. I also would expect that to be John Arnott because he's unlikely to miss the chance to kick start his election campaign.

Think yourself lucky that panel membership isn't based on the number of MPs.

Quote he can see cutting corporation tax would be a boost for business and therefore beneficial to the nation, he also may  know the EU  won`t allow it.

Oh and if you were at all politically aware you would know that corporation tax has been lowered several times by George Osborne but then facts, let alone lucid thought, never were your strength.

Keep posting, Tom. The more that people get to see of the UKIP brain, the better off PHF will be.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 13, 2016, 11: AM
would the number 6 spring to mind.

This no. 6?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LaT6qVRpg

or given the  pot-bellied middle-aged white  male pub-fixated outlook of UKIP (they want to at least halve the tax on beer and fags) it is more likely this: