sounds familiar

Started by not4me, August 17, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christine blakey

Thank you for clarifying that and so yes, from my observations when I was looking to encourage businesses to take a pitch, the figure was £5,000+.  I know it stopped a number of keen local people from applying.  I know one person asked for a pack well before the advertising, so he could get it early, only to have to beg for a pack at the last minute as they had forgotten to send it!  So wrong!

Anyway, it was a hit for many and I know one company used their family savings thinking it was going to be as good as it said in the pack, and at the PR events, only to end up out of pocket.  Now they have had to endure a rubbish year of weather and are probably cramming as much into this month as possible.  I wonder if they have replenished their children's inheritance. 

In these cases, there is no excuse, it is not hard luck, it is down right bad management and false advertising!  The facts before, during and after bore out the concerns that the hype was far too high.

The Great Dictator

Pets in the civic, is that a health and safety issue ???

steveL

I think the A-Bs are turning into something of a characterture of themselves. Why couldn't they have had a big, butch Alsation or something instead of something that looks as if it wouldn't look out of place between two slices of bread?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

The man just likes being photographed with two dogs.............

The Great Dictator

Yeah but the 1st two are elegant.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on August 22, 2012, 12: PM
I think the A-Bs are turning into something of a characterture of themselves.

I bet orphanages in Africa are being contacted in order to  complete the family  group!