THE PLOT THICKENS - JACKSONS LANDING DEMOLITION

Started by the_exile, September 30, 2016, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

Despite the Hartlepool Council list of Tenders awarded, stating that A Buckler of Middlesbrough "won" the contract to demolish the Jacksons Landing buildings, I have it on very very good authority (straight from the smoggies mouth) that the contract was awarded to them, and then "taken away"............................ watch this space!

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

If a couple bought a house that nobody wanted to buy, then decided to sell the house that couldn't be sold in the first place and decided to take the genius stroke of demolishing their new house to end up with a building plot, you'd have them sectioned.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

seaton

if the loan was secured against Jacksons Landing including the building surely the Council would have had to get permission from the lender ?
There must be a lot less equity with out the building, what if the lender decided to 'call in' the loan ?

The Great Dictator

fred c

I suppose thats why there's dozens of developers queuing up to bid on it....... a bit like they were to with Tunstall Court.

steveL

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 01, 2016, 11: AM
The plot on its own is worth £1.5m

Really?

To quote Mr Martin-Wells from the last council meeting: "To build the building at today's prices would cost a fortune"

https://youtu.be/_k05lgAMRaI
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

clav 73

To say tje plot on its own is worth 1.5 million is stupidity. Something is only worth what some one will pay and no one has shown the slightest interest in this site with or wothout the building.

The Great Dictator

Trust me, i develop property and i can tell you without doubt that it is worth £1.5m, if i had the cash i would buy it.
It has more appeal to me than Tunstall Court or Briarfields.
Land value only goes in one direction.

steveL

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 01, 2016, 02: PM
Trust me, i develop property and i can tell you without doubt that it is worth £1.5m, if i had the cash i would buy it.

This is Hartlepool sunshine and you don't have to go back many years to find when Jacksons Landing had been valued at £10m.

Weird but there seems to be a rush of people outing themselves suddenly as 'Property Developers'. Has the Government introduced some new sort of tax break for property developers?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on October 01, 2016, 04: PM

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 01, 2016, 02: PM

This is Hartlepool sunshine and you don't have to go back many years to find when Jacksons Landing had been valued at £10m.

Weird but there seems to be a rush of people outing themselves suddenly as 'Property Developers'. Has the Government introduced some new sort of tax break for property developers?

I cleaned the chicken coup and run out this afternoon, does that mean I can call myself a property developer?

The Great Dictator

JL was never worth £10m, even an idiot like you should know that.

Its worth every penny of £1.5m.

jeffh

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 01, 2016, 05: PM
JL was never worth £10m, even an idiot like you should know that.

Its worth every penny of £1.5m.

..............so besides HBC where are the buyers?

The Great Dictator

In Hartlepool house builders are still building to order, even on Bishop Cuthbert they don't take risks.

Bear in mind that the McDonalds building plot cost £250,000 18 years ago, JL is a bargain.