UKIP Making Pratts of Themselves

Started by steveL, September 29, 2016, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

This one deserves a special showing - UKIP's proposal for the council to send a letter to Theresa May telling her to hurry up with Article 50. Labour accepted the motion but with the amendment to include advice on how the £350 million which UKIP had claimed was the UK's weekly contribution to the EU should be spent. (Fargage's campaign bus had been adorned with an advert stating 'Let's Spend the £350m on the NHS' )

UKIP proposed an 'amendment' to Labour's amendment which left out the embarrassing bit about the £350 million but Labour wouldn't play. As a result, UKIP decided it was probably best to forget the whole thing and withdrew the original proposal resulting in much laughter in the council chamber.

Farage has since admitted that the £350m for the NHS claim was 'a mistake'

https://youtu.be/eHCD3JU8J64
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

To be fair to Farage, you are either deliberately misleading people or are unaware of the truth, Steve.

The bus you refer to which suggested spending the £350m on the NHS was being ran by Vote Leave, an organisation Farage had nothing to do with. He was working with the Leave.EU team if I remember correctly.

Farage did indeed state that making the claim that the £350m should be spent on the NHS was one that should not have been made, but since he didn't make the claim in the first place it is disingenuous to say it otherwise.

I'll get back to canvassing for the up-coming by-election now as I don't think it helps anybody other than Labour for us to sling mud at one and other.

DRiddle

Whatever the situation regarding the £350 million, you'll struggle to find a more pointless 10 minutes in the council chamber this year.

steveL

I've no plans to re-live the EU debate. The £350m was Farage's figure even though the proven net figure was nearer £161m. It's a little academic to argue who said where the £350m would be spent given that it would never exist in the first place.

I'd be more interested if, having witnessed and watched Thompson's performance on September 8th, you can explain the UKIP claim that 'only UKIP is the real opposition in Hartlepool'. It's taken two and a half years for UKIP to even put its first proposal forward in council and when it did so it couldn't get beyond BREXIT and trying to lever a few extra committee seats for itself - that won't be much comfort to the people of this town who are concerned about the charlatans running the show.

Extra seats on the Planning Committee to create a UKIP seat? Why aren't you instead questioning Wells' wholly disproportionate 3 seats out of 11? Too difficult or do old ties take long to die?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

QuoteThe bus you refer to which suggested spending the £350m on the NHS was being ran by Vote Leave, an organisation Farage had nothing to do with. He was working with the Leave.EU team if I remember correctly.

[/size]
[/size]Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Vote Leave would have nothing to do with Farage?

not4me

what happened there?

QuoteThe bus you refer to which suggested spending the £350m on the NHS was being ran by Vote Leave, an organisation Farage had nothing to do with. He was working with the Leave.EU team if I remember correctly.
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Vote Leave wouldn't have anything to do with farage?

just_a_thought

Thought i was watching 'Carry On Politics'  ;D ;D

If that's what they call providing the real opposition then I'd say we're all in deep s**t  ;D ;D ;D ;D

beanzontoast

SteveL and Driddle,  you both may be technically correct on the topic but there were many more untruths said from the remain camp, lets face it you are both remoaners.

marky

Typical UKIPPER. Three months on from the referendum and you're still banging on about Europe because you have nothing else to say. UKIP as a party have no interest in the local council or in what goes on there. The role of the worker ants is to drum up support for Arnott when he loses his lucrative EU job and instead stands against Wright (or whoever) when the general election comes. Sadly, the likes of Hind and Springer haven't clicked yet and are still spanning the skies for parachuting immigrants.

steveL

Actually, for the record, I voted OUT though it took me ages to reach a decision. I eventually realised that my resistance to voting out was because I didn't like to be associated with the kind of racist crap UKIP have been spouting for years - as demonstrated by Farage's 'Breaking Point' poster. I voted OUT essentially because I consider the EU set-up to be undemocratic.

I also consider that Hartlepool Council is undemocratic and increasingly so as we saw at the last council meeting. What we also saw was 5 UKIP Councillors sitting on their hands as the rights of Councillor's and the public to challenge the actions of the ruling group were further eroded. As usual, UKIP had nothing to say on the matter and left the hard work to others.

So there you go. Proof indeed that the 69% of people in Hartlepool who voted OUT aren't all UKIP supporters which is what you simpletons seem to believe.

marky

This from the House of Commons Library:

"Academic surveys suggest people of professional/managerial occupations are disproportionately represented among the Conservative, Liberal Democrat and Green Parties, while UKIP party members were more likely than their counterparts to have left school at 16."

Think I'd guessed that one already.

SRMoore

Quote from: steveL on September 29, 2016, 09: PM

I also consider that Hartlepool Council is undemocratic and increasingly so as we saw at the last council meeting. What we also saw was 5 UKIP Councillors sitting on their hands as the rights of Councillor's and the public to challenge the actions of the ruling group were further eroded. As usual, UKIP had nothing to say on the matter and left the hard work to others.

Untrue again, Steve. I spoke out against the blatant stiflingly of democracy as well as voting against those proposals too.

Don't stoop to the level of those we are supposed to be working against by lying, Steve.

beanzontoast

steveL, You are somewhat delusional where is it indicated that UKIP hartlepool believes the 69% of residents who voted for Brexit were in anyway allied to UKIP, by the same token Sunderland who returned a larger percentage to Brexit than Hartlepool did so without a majority, UKIP affiliation, this surely is obviouse to everyone. It`s called democracy and no doubt residents voted for their own intrinsic values, the National press mentions mass immigration and the loss of a National identity as a course for concern. Labour of course were the architects of mass immigration, and under Jeremy the push to remain in the EU will continue the move away from Labour. History will prove however Nigel Farage and UKIP told the truth about the corrupt and undemocratic EU.

mk1

Quote from: marky on September 29, 2016, 09: PM
This from the House of Commons Library:

"Academic surveys suggest people of professional/managerial occupations are disproportionately represented among the Conservative, Liberal Democrat and Green Parties, while UKIP party members were more likely than their counterparts to have left school at 16."

Think I'd guessed that one already.

Donald Trump has set out to court just such unsophisticated (non college educated whites) people. He actively panders to these  nut-jobs and  guess who popped up at one of Trump's rallies-Nigel Farage!

steveL

oh get real, Shane. If you're going to say something then say it like you mean it not because you think you think you need to in case it looks like you're playing catch-up with those who've been fighting against this sort of thing for years. Did your colleagues even know what you were talking about?

For the record, I always thought you'd make a good Councillor but how did you end up alongside UKIPPERS with an average IQ of a sea sponge? I think we both know the answer to that one, Shane.

Let's review the story so far. You fell out with Ray having ran as a Tory heaven knows how many times, in God knows how many wards. Then you ran as an Indy and finally you decided to take a ride on the back of the UKIP pre-referendum bubble in the hope of finally making it over the line. Even then you only just made it and only then because of the decision of PHF and myself to allow you a clear run against Labour. You should be thanking us.

We were hoping for something more than what we got. We thought UKIP would have had the wit to put up a serious challenge against CAB but instead you left your candidate stranded with no support.

I'm ready to admit that we got that one wrong and won't be making the same mistake again.

Get yourself back to the Tories, Shane. Kiss and make-up with Ray - I'm sure he's already working on ways to bring you back into the fold. After all, this forum is full of your past posts explaining how you could never join UKIP because you were a true blue Tory. (don't bother deleting them; I've taken a backup copy of the database) ;D

And for all our trouble and sacrifice, we now have to listen to you and your new found mates claiming to be 'leading the opposition' (you want to talk about lies?) when it's pretty obvious some of your mates couldn't lead the way to the civic toilets - just watch that video again - you know as well as I do how cringe worthy it is.
Post referendum and post Nigel,  UKIP's membership is falling through the floor and less than half the membership could even bother to vote for their new leader - people who have no intention of renewing their membership when it runs out. UKIP always was a one-man show with a two-issue agenda.

Get back to the Tories, Shane before that last chance life-raft your sailing on finally sinks.