Sean in for the long haul.............

Started by mk1, August 07, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Seems he is going to go through the wringer.
I believe it is all about getting Fat Dave's daughter a job at Police HQ.
Dumbo should feel at home on the Police Committee.
Fraud, backhanders, jobs for relatives, massive redundancy pay-offs, huge inflated  pay packets and knee-jerk 'votes of confidence' for every member caught with their fingers in the till.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-19166514

Cleveland Police boss Sean Price faces misconduct hearing

A suspended police chief is to face a misconduct hearing, it has been announced.

Chief Constable Sean Price, of the Cleveland force, is due to face a hearing within two months, Cleveland Police Authority said.

The allegation is that he used undue influence to appoint an individual to a position within the force.

Mr Price and his deputy Derek Bonnard were arrested a year ago, but deny allegations of wrongdoing.

Cleveland Police Authority said the investigation into both men was still ongoing.

In relation to Mr Price, a statement from the authority said: "The authority agreed with the IPCC's recommendations that there was a case to answer for three matters.

"These are in respect of potential gross misconduct, and have therefore referred the case to a misconduct hearing.

"It is important to note that the investigator found no evidence to indicate that person concerned did anything untoward or inappropriate during the application, interview and recruitment process.

"The misconduct hearing for Mr Price is due to be held by an independent panel within the next two months."

The force originally detained Mr Price and Mr Bonnard, who have been suspended from duty, on suspicion of misconduct in a public office, fraud by abuse of position and corrupt practice.

Last week the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) passed a file to the CPS and Cleveland Police Authority.

Mr Price and Mr Bonnard, who have both launched legal claims that they were wrongfully arrested, released a joint statement which said they were determined to clear their names and return to work.

fred c

IF..... and i stress the IF.... these 2 blokes are found guilty of these offences, will they be dismissed & lose all benefits ? or will they get a massive pay-off & walk off into the sunset with a barrow load of cash & a gold plated pension ?

rabbit

BBC Look North tonight inferred that the Cleveland Police Authority would not re-appoint them.

mk1

They are facing the same (type) of charges that were leveled at Mallon.
Ray misedeeds were far more serious yet even then all he had to do to avoid any criminal charges was resign his post.

At the end of the day Mallon was allowed to walk away 'without' (as he keeps telling us)a stain on his character.
If you are up to your neck in serious 'drug related' corruption and can get away with it then I do not hold out much hope of Sean being held to account for getting his mates daughter a job.
Fat Dave will have to repay his debt and employ Sean!

All is not lost. There are far more serious  accusations being looked at and they should result in a prosecution. It has the potential to be one of the worst scandals to hit the Police in a long while.

The Great Dictator

Whatever happens it will cost the council tax payer £4m.

christine blakey

It is about time that justice was the priority, that innocent people are not caught up in political or power and ego battles, and that in particular, the residents of Hartlepool do not suffer as a result of these appalling revelations. 

More so, regardless of the cat that got away, let us start the way we should now, post recession or at least in the middle of it, go on and revert to stiff standards.  If you do not meet the standards, you should be out.

In the Olympics, you come with the stamina and skill, should you not put the effort in or try and cheat your way through and be found out, You are OUT!

mk1

Oh dear!
It seems Sean used his influence to get his (serving Police Officer) girlfriend off the hook when she  got arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Yorkshire. He also is charged with abusing his Police Credit card-probably buying his better half flowers to make up for the fright she got thinking her pension was up the swanee.
This is the man we paid gazillions to so no one else would poach him!

christine blakey

I agree that all benefits should be lost.  I am pleased that things are coming to a head and a new benchmark is going to be set hopefully - that of: when in an extremely high paid jobs, you should do as your job description says.  If found guilty in discipline or criminal investigations, I believe that is theft.  Look at what happened today with a ten year sentence?

We need to demand more done like this as quite frankly, I hope it is a trigger to start looking into HBC as I know there are serious issues there too.

Whilst top jobs are filled by people who do not have their eye on the ball, you have those in lower paid - on the ground jobs - bruising residents because they can get away with it (I have photographs to prove it).

A stand and a standard needs to be set!

not4me

I read that his deputy has been let off the hook by the CPS and that his bail has been dropped.
Even if Price is turfed out of the Force for gross misconduct - just keep an eye on those pay-off conditions that he walks away with - always the same.

christine blakey

I wonder how many innocent people were labelled with this Officer's shoddy work or even criminals getting off instead?

Shocking and it simply adds to the assertion that there was definitely something wrong at the top.  The buck (not rabbit!) stops with the boss...