Weasel

Started by DRiddle, June 27, 2016, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-mp-iain-wright-urges-labour-to-pull-together-amid-in-fighting-over-leader-jeremy-corbyn-1-7984661

Wrighty sitting firmly on the fence again.

There's a lot of talk of a snap election in the Autumn once the Tories have elected their new leader. Wright might have to go against UKIP in Hartlepool again, just a few months after 70% of the town voted to leave the EU.

Lord Elpus

He must have a fair few spelks in this backside the amount of time he spends sitting of the fence.

Hartlepudlion

The way the Labour lot are going he'll soon be in the Cabinet!

the_exile

must be a low fence in fairness

steveL

It would be a great mistake to think that 70% of the Hartlepool electorate are UKIP supporters; a mistake that only UKIP themselves are naive enough to make.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Would it be safe to say 70% don't like Wright ?

I do get the impression that he is trying to get himself known and visible in Westminster, not that it will help him in Hartlepool

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 27, 2016, 04: PM
It would be a great mistake to think that 70% of the Hartlepool electorate are UKIP supporters; a mistake that only UKIP themselves are naive enough to make.

They have to realise they have a large number of people who dislike them and a good number who despise them. Farage backtracking on his pledge for an extra NHS spending  only adds to his and UKIPs shifty image. Anti-Labour votets  tactically voting UKIP could easily become tactical voting to keep UKIP out. They are so dumb they are now believing their own  propaganda and think they alone are the voice of the (White Christian) people.
Perhaps when they all get back from beating up Poles they can post here and explain themselves............

Inspector Knacker

When interviewed on Sky and the interviewer pointed out that 70% had voted leave and where did it leave him, I think he said the message hadn't been gotten across. Now I always thought the idea was to listen to your electorate and not try to tell them how to act or persuade them to your viewpoint.
The wonderfully anarchic thing about this whole business is the one group who have been ignored, patronised and generally dismissed have bitten the system on the ar** and may now realise they do have power, the genie isn't going back into the bottle.
The whole Corbyn thing is the biggest farce of all. The one party whose voters kicked back have their rebels demanding his removal. Sadly the fools were campaigning for something their voters never wanted yet still they carry on.
Trouble is all the parties are morphing into suited wannabes as shallow as a car park puddle.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Wright will wait until he knows for sure which way the wind is blowing before he commits himself. He is a man of little principle other than self-advancement.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 27, 2016, 05: PM

The wonderfully anarchic thing about this whole business is the one group who have been ignored, patronised and generally dismissed have bitten the system on the ar** and may now realise they do have power, the genie isn't going back into the bottle.
The whole Corbyn thing is the biggest farce of all. The one party whose voters kicked back have their rebels demanding his removal. Sadly the fools were campaigning for something their voters never wanted yet still they carry on.
Trouble is all the parties are morphing into suited wannabes as shallow as a car park puddle.
The difference in votes was  over a million. It would be a mistake to assume everyone 'wants out' and this winner takes all and feck everyone else attitude is going to cause a lot of problems.  Boris is busy rowing back in order to win over some of the stays. Truth is the Anti-EU fruitcakes have spent 20 years wrecking the Tory Party and those that had to endure endless  obstruction now get a chance for payback. Watch how the fruitcakes start crying foul when their own tactics are used against them.

Inspector Knacker

Frankly the vote meant nothing to me. I expected whatever happened a compromise of sorts would end up on the table. I do find tiresome the constant depiction of each side by some people as en masses assorted loons on both sides.
The majority will reach a concensus and life will just go on, attributing the actions of a few opportunist assorted idiots to everyone is ridiculous and we know it.
However I'll shed no tears for any of the politicians because when the day dawned they were clueless.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

The whole situations a shambles. Somehow, we look like we'll end up with a situation were virtually NONE of the 30 odd million people who voted get what they want.

The remainers look set to be taken out of the EU in its current guise, (although I think we'll essentially still be in the EU just in a more 'unofficial form') and the 'leavers' who though they were going to reduce immigration and fund the NHS with the 'spare money, have had a sharp reality check on both of those key issues.

The value of the pound is tanking, race crimes are up inside of a week, pensioners are likely to be hit with even more none existent interest rates for the rest of their natural lives and we'll probably have Boris Johnson and Michael Gove in numbers 10 and 11.

Crazy times.

Still, let's see if Corbyn can survive long enough to be able to debate the Chilcot enquiry from the front bench of the commons.

steveL

Theresa May will be the next Prime Minister.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on June 28, 2016, 08: AM
Theresa May will be the next Prime Minister.

She's got terrible legs, all skin and bones.

fred c

Theresa May...... aka. The Invisible Woman