Guilty Verdict in Wrightson Case

Started by steveL, April 05, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

So many unanswered questions about the background, not that it will bring poor Angie back RIP.

marky

Well what do you know. It looks like these two were under council care when they committed murder. Let's see them try and whitewash this one.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/angela-wrightson-murder-teen-killers-subject-of-serious-case-reviews-1-7834909

madinpools

lets hope life means life and see justice done for Angie RIP!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

A tragic case all round.   The irony being the young girls where turning into exactly what the victim was

hartlepool sea coalers

i and a lot of people on our estate know these 2 girls, they were totally out of their parents control. and because their parents had other children they were placed in care  these 2 were known as bullies when together when apart they were not, so it looks like they were an encouragement to each other R.I.P. ANGIE

Lucy Lass-Tick

Spare a thought for the poor jurors, who've surely been exposed to material showing evil in it's purest form ...

Land Phil

I see there is note in the national press of the girls absconding 18 nights in the month before the murder.
Surely a statement from HBC must be made.

The police officers not noticing 2 kids covered in blood in the back of their van in the early hours of the morning.
Surely a statement from Cleveland police must be made.

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on April 06, 2016, 10: AM
I see there is note in the national press of the girls absconding 18 nights in the month before the murder.
Surely a statement from HBC must be made.

The police officers not noticing 2 kids covered in blood in the back of their van in the early hours of the morning.
Surely a statement from Cleveland police must be made.

What about a quote from the Director of Childrens Services for HBC, i believe the pair were in care at the time of the disgusting episode

pensionater

It said on one of the news reports that poor Angie had a helper,i know they can't be there 24/7,but this also needs looking into.

testing times

I read that this will now be subject to a 'serious case review'. I hope that this is a 3rd party review because there is no reason why anyone should have any faith in an internal review given Hartlepool council's past record. All three seem to have been under the council's care and the girls seem to have been allowed to wander the streets regularly at 4am in the morning. If this is 'care' then someone needs to be looking up the definition in the Oxford dictionary.

Hartlepudlion

Agree TT, and who was in charge then?

Director of Adult and Children's Services.           Gill Alexandra

Leader of the Council.                                       Cllr Christopher Akers-Belcher

Chair of the Council.                                          Cllr Stephen Akers-Belcher

Chair of Adult Services.                                     Cllr Carl Richardson

Chair of Children's Services.                               Cllr Chris Simmons

So TT I don't suppose we can expect anything more than 'lessons need to be learnt', 'full apology', 'procedures will be put in place so that it doesn't happen again'.   

fred c

Quite a List Hartlepudlian, there will be some ducking & diving over this & like everything else to do with the Clowncil, no one will end up carrying the can.

Does MRA ring a bell, or Who Cares N/E, or Healthwatch, or the investigation into Lying Ste`s conduct surrounding his dismissal for GIM, or the Town Plan, or the lack of accounts for The Cafe in the Crem.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under the LabTor Mob