Is this site loosing its position.

Started by Monkeys mate, November 11, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeys mate

Before I start, I could probably be described as a middle aged floating voter.
I hate the current political situation in this town - the fact that many of our council are 'proud' of the national criticism of our town and they way it is run' the stupidness of the lack of a town plan, the shocking reputations and damage caused by the controlling powers as well as their total lack of respect for their constituents, including those of the same political persuasion ( I honestly think they don't care what party they stood for now they are in a self-serving position of power)

I do like the idea of Hartlepool post and do hope that is readership could increase or there was someway of sharing the views with more in the town BUT there is an issue....

If those who post here continue with their personal atacks, playground bullying and at times (close to) homophobia you loose the moral high ground, your argument against corruption is lost, it appear as though you want to part of a self serving attitude, why are your views morally correct when shown against theirs?.

This town has a corrupt atmosphere but those who want change surely must show a moralistic difference?

Don't loose the longing for political change by lowering your standards to their level because your opinion will be judged alongside theirs.

Hartlepudlion

Couldn't agree more. This forum is degenerating into farce caused by certain individuals continually expressing their views on one subject and their opponents joining in on every topic.

Reasoned debate, even heated argument is good but can we keep the Ukip battle confined to one post, please?

Land Phil

Why does it always end up being about UKIP  :)

It is like that thing about killing every conversation with the mention of Hitler.

mk1

Quote from: Land Phil on November 11, 2014, 11: AM
Why does it always end up being about UKIP  :)

It is like that thing about killing every conversation with the mention of Hitler.

I could not agree more. Can we not have a section where you can confine the UKIP shills who are pretending they are  neutral. There they  can continue to  bore everyone to death by constantly  repeating the mantra  'answer my question'.
I have been posting here for quite a few years so I am not a UKIP  plant. More to the point I have lambasted Labour  far more than I have UKIP so no one can say I am just  picking on them.
This constant bigging up of UKIP and the hilarious claims they are now the 3rd party are starting to get on people's t*its

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2014, 12: PM

I could not agree more. Can we not have a section where you can confine the UKIP shills who are pretending they are  neutral.

Can i point you to the earlier post UKIP forum.

one direction

Five post on this thread (not including this one) and four mention UKIP  :) not bad for a thread asking for people not to mention UKIP  :)

mk1

The main problem is the fat boys bunkering down and keeping themselves out of the headlines. Clearly they are running scared and are hiding away from their adoring public. There is a distinct lack of 'Councillors in the merde' stories and at the same time a  far-right political party has decided to go all out  to infiltrate and dominate the forum.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2014, 02: PM
There is a distinct lack of 'Councillors in the merde' stories and at the same time a  far-right political party has decided to go all out  to infiltrate and dominate the forum.

Good old Ray "The Master" of clouding the issue.

My apologies for mentioning the far-right political party forum on this thread, now Ray is it because your name was mentioned on it that you haven't commented?

one direction

I know of a centre right party that has been mentioned on a few thread on this board but haven't noticed the far right being mentioned much since the BNP imploded  ;)

steveL

Some while ago, we had to set up a separate board for UKIP matters because no matter what the topic, somehow it would always end up talking about Europe, immigration or Muslims. It's not quite the same now. The General Election is looming and everyone is talking about the effect the UKIP bubble will have on the result - particularly in Hartlepool.

Someone said once (Mr Wilde, I think) that there was only one thing worse than being talked about and that was not being talked about and I think that's what we have here - a UKIPPER trying to keep his party at the topic of the discussion. So I ask myself, who is the person who would most want that to happen right now?

Some people can say a lot by not saying anything and some people can say a lot about one thing when they believe that they're saying something else.

Hartlepool isn't a UKIP town but there is a growing anti-Labour swing that is looking for somewhere to park their vote. Just like Drummond, those votes are there to win provided UKIP don't say stupid things, believe that they're going to be the next Government or p**s people off by clogging up local social media forums like Japanese Knotweed with their obsessions.

Oh and one last thing. As Danny once put it so well, this forum is not the Hartlepool Post, it is a facility provided by the Hartlepool Post. The direction the forum takes is pretty much down to the people who use it and the views expressed here are nothing to do with the main site.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mican

I am amazed by the latter part of SteveL's post complaining of people clogging up a forum.  For the sake of me repeating myself, I asked a very simple question, one I thought would be simple enough to understand, apparently it wasn't, it recieved 158 replies, there was two or three UKIP supporters had replies and apart from myself the rest were from anti UKIP protestors, including 12 replies from SteveL (the one complining about clogging the forum) including the public condemnation of two councillors.  He is now trying to claim the moral high ground and blame others and by the sounds of it he seems to be saying if your not anti UKIP your not welcome. 

mk1

Quote from: Mican on November 11, 2014, 05: PM
I asked a very simple question, one I thought would be simple enough to understand, apparently it wasn't,

Yes you ask a question and then complain  no one delivers  an answer you consider satisfactory. You fail to elicit a favourable response and  spend the rest of the thread  demanding  everyone do your bidding  like a cartoon Nazi from Allo Allo. 

'Answer the question, ve haff vays of making you talk................'

brassed off monkey

I have noticed a distinct drop off in regular contributors to this forum since the constant UKIP UKIP UKIP posters started to use it.

It really does become a Bore Fest, i fully accept that everyone has a point of view & I totally agree that should be the case, but apart from anything else, its not doing UKIP any favours, in fact i believe it is detrimental to their 2015 Election Campaigns.

mk1

including the public condemnation of two councillors. 

I am shocked. Councillors condemed on this site?
It has never happened before.................

Just check back and see the  calumny piled on Riddle both here and on the Mail site.  Riddle was/still is  the subject of a sustained  organised and orchestrated  attack of a deeply personal nature.   In comparison the 2 UKIP Councillors have an easy life. In short you have nothing to complain about. 

the sounds of it he seems to be saying if your not anti UKIP your not welcome.

What you and the other shills failed to notice is that the people you rail against have nearly all said they will vote UKIP at the GE. It seems you are not satisfied with this . It appears you suffer from a delusion that all you have to do is publicise your policies and  millions more will flock to your banner. I have news for you. You are in a minority. Your core vote will never get you elected in any numbers. You depend on attracting middle ground voters and frankly the more people get a glimpse into the  murky past of your stalwarts the more they worry if they made the right decision. The  best bet for you is to STFU about Europe and Immigrants and all your other  dog whistle issues. It may play well to the party faithful but it turns ordinary people off in droves. Please spare me retorts that claim UKIP are now the 3rd party and you are on the cusp of power. If I thought that I would never vote for you.

mk1

Quote from: Doris Bonkers on November 11, 2014, 06: PM

Worse still are those who bang on about Farage employing his wife, hardly unusual in the world of politics, ask Iain Wright on that one.

I see many complaining Wright does this. It is not  possible to claim it is only leveled at Farage. The UKIP crowd constantly claim they have a new way of doing things but their leader does EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE LIB/LAB/CONS

UKIP  does exactly what all other politicians do. Their EMPs have  massive expenses claims. They are the same pigs sharing the same trough. Thye are not a new broom just a different broom.
Why should UKIP be given a pass on the site? Every other party gets a rough ride so why moan when UKIP get slated.